PDA

View Full Version : Up to "here" with Harley riders and others (at times)

53driver
05-11-2015, 08:38 PM
I never owned a Harley. Had a nice metric cruiser, and did enjoy it. However, I never really figured out why the Harley people have to dress like walking billboards for H-D. And around this part of the country, if they own a pick-up truck, it has a big H-D sticker in the back window. I asked one of them once, if they had a Chevy sticker on the bike. He gave me a stupid look and asked why would he do that? I responded, your proud of your bike, as you have the sticker on the truck, are you ashamed of your truck? He didn't get the point, so I dropped the issue. :shrug:

Love that story.

And now for something completely different....

:pop: or :301: or :soapbox:
(pick whatever you like)

I have a Harley.
She's 20 years old this year.
Bought her in 2001 with less than 3000 miles.
Previous owner put in new cams, new intake, better carb, better ignition, whole crap ton of performance stuff.
She's pretty well chromed out - Steve would approve.
She has a Thunderheader exhaust and she's embarrassingly loud at times.
She makes 80 hp with 80 cu in.
Almost 20,000 miles now. (she was 1 of 4 bikes until last year, now she's 1 of 2)

I'm a lifetime HOG member.
I do not play in my local chapter anymore.
I own a lot of stock in HD.
I don't wear Harley gear.
I don't put stickers everywhere. (F6B or Harley)
I wear a big BMG nylon jacket with kevlar or CHP leather jacket and leather chaps for my ATGATT
Plus a full face Shoei helmet.
And the orange or green reflective vest, conditions dictating.
People ask why I dress like a BMW rider and ride a Harley.

Dyed-in-the-wool Harley riders shun me.
They don't understand ATGATT.
Then they don't understand how my 20 year old girl leaves their 2013 Springer in the dust.
Then they don't understand why they can't keep up with me in turns ("Oh, if I went that fast, I'd scrape my precious floorboards...")
No. The answer is you don't know how to properly ride a two wheeled vehicle.

Bottom line: Harley riders, as a congress of riders, are really great, giving people, but, they are about the most average to below average riders I have witnessed.
Hell, some of the HOG Road Captains couldn't pass a BRC2. We took 12 in a special class we setup specifically for them.
I knew most of them when I wrote part of the local HOG Safety Newsletter.
10 showed, the other 2 pontificated prior to the class to the others going that they "couldn't learn anything" from the course so they opted not to show.
6 passed.
2 failed the final practical.
2 didn't complete the course - it was too hard / too hot.

This is why I do not do group rides well. I find "the masses" to be unpredictable and I don't enjoy the ride when I'm watching out for everyone else.
I have to build a trust with anyone I ride with through experience. You can only increase your skill by riding/playing/working/fornicating with people who are better than you are.
They are out there.....I try to find them as often as possible.
Also....
I do not do concerts well. I'm a professional sound engineer and I seldom enjoy a show.
I do not fly as a passenger very well. I'm a professional pilot and I know what the guy in the front seat doesn't know.
I do not suffer poor food and beverage well. My wife is a gourmet chef and we make our own wine. Having written that...Waffle House rocks...
I do not tolerate cruelty to animals but I can kill easily a human who wanted me dead, and sleep peacefully.
Finally, I do not do well with fools. My mother always taught me that "maybe they are doing the best they can" - so they get the initial benefit of the doubt.
However, my one prejudice is "willful ignorance." When a load of facts cleverly disguised as 2x4s keeps beating you about the head and shoulders and you still don't learn?
I have no time for you and really wish you wouldn't bother to reproduce.
EndEx.

PS - i probably shouldn't drink straight tequila and post......

hiflyer
05-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Excellent post, driver, and I could eat at Waffle house everyday. My wife just kinda closes her eyes and shakes a little when someone asks me of my favorite restaurant.

53driver
05-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Excellent post, driver, and I could eat at Waffle house everyday. My wife just kinda closes her eyes and shakes a little when someone asks me of my favorite restaurant.

In & Out Burger goes over about as well here.....

jm21ddd15
05-11-2015, 08:58 PM
:yes: Yours is a good story as well. I was never a MRF instructor. I got a lot of miles under my belt, on various 2 wheelers, but I am well aware that there is still much for me to learn. I too, try to find better riders than myself. You can teach an old dog , new tricks!

srt8-in-largo
05-11-2015, 09:02 PM
You should become a writer Steve... but not while riding or flying of course.

Very entertaining... informative... thought provoking.

I'll bring my fork when your wife is cooking.

RickJ
05-11-2015, 09:07 PM
open-mindedly opinionated! I like that. I can relate Thanks.

Travelor
05-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Must have been a special day.... I'm sitting here trying to think up something to say that would add something, 'cause I really agree with a lot of what you said but I'm coming up short. Especially love the part about your Mom, she must have been a saint. But the truth is "you can't fix stupid", and I know too many Harley riders that can't get past their own image and the local bar. God forbid you ask them to do a 500 mile day - for a week. Oh, well, to each his own. I have seen many of your posts, and it doesn't seem like there are too many F6B's out your way. I grew up a short distance from you in the Glenside area, but left 40 years ago. Usually go back to the Phila / Ocean City area once a year to see family and get pizza at Manco & Manco (liked Mack & Manco better) on the Ocean City boardwalk. Not many left of the family, but the Pizza is still the best I've ever had. Depending on timing this year I might be able to give you a shout and a drive-by. Keep posting, I for one really enjoy your comments.

53driver
05-11-2015, 09:12 PM
You should become a writer Steve... but not while riding or flying of course.

Very entertaining... informative... thought provoking.

I'll bring my fork when your wife is cooking.

Thanks mate.
Her carpaccio is amazing....no knife needed, just the fork.
Baked asparagus with bacon and sea salt.
Paired with one our Chilean Malbecs and it is awesome chow.
Chocolate raspberry port with cheeses for dessert.

Now I'm all hungry again....

seadog
05-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Just glad he lives out there in PA cause speaking of stupid people that don't learn by experience the number increases exponentially the closer one gets to Cadillac, Michigan.
these people have live here most of their lives yet they still can't drive from one end of town to the other without hitting every stop and go light. When they go home you can drive from one end of Cadillac to the other without stopping for a light. Just is frustrating at times and not fun on a bike.

vstar09
05-11-2015, 09:19 PM
How True.....all I can say is :yes:

shooter
05-11-2015, 09:39 PM
53 I can't add much to that. It was pretty much spot on for me. I have one guy I ride with most of the time. My brother in law Roger. Its a thing of beauty. We think alike. We ride alike. I'm better looking. Roger rides an Ultra Classic Limited. His skill level is 'advanced'. Best HD rider I've ever seen. We have great rides. Buddy I like your style. If you're ever in MO give me shout. I'll loan you Shay-Shay and I'll crawl on the 9. Me , you , and Roger can take a ride.

bob109
05-11-2015, 09:49 PM
I bought a motorcycle not a image:shock:

What the hell is "helmet hair"! I have a "crew cut":icon_biggrin:

I have never worn a "Doo Rag"! I keep one in my back pocket for blowing my nose! It's "red" in case I have to haul a long 2X4:icon_wink:

My "Maker" gifted me with 6'2" height and 32" inseam. No need for "platform shoes":shhh:

My leather jacket is unadorned, plain and simple and easy to clean:icon_wink:

My helmet is like my leather jacket, unadorned but for the DOT Sticker:icon_biggrin:

Solo riding is like good sex! Group riding is like a "orgy". Ya never know what's going to pop up:shock:

There are "Old Riders" and there are "Bold Riders" but there are few "Old Bold Riders":shhh:

I bought a "Heavy Cruise" knowing it wasn't a Crotch Rocket! I ride it accordingly:icon_wink:

If I want to make sparks when I ride I'll buy a "Low Rider Car or Truck:shock:

The craziest thigh I do motorcycling is "Dark Side":icon_lol:

When you figure you've "mastered riding", "riding will master you":shhh:

100 Proof Southern Comfort makes for great posting:lolup:

Bryster
05-11-2015, 11:09 PM
:clap2: Like those!

stroguy
05-12-2015, 05:43 AM
The ramblings of experience, love it.

'Willfull Ignorance', my new title for some I work with. I am a bureaucrat, I have rooms full of ignorant people to deal with on a daily basis.

Thanks for the smile Steve. Needed that after the NJ tornado came through.

Do you have a recipe for Veal Parmesan? The best I ever had was from a Jersey Italian displaced to Houston. It was ground like hamburger, shaped into a football, breaded and fried. I miss the NE for the better seafood and great Italian.

Old Ryder
05-12-2015, 07:07 AM
Humans are very strange in their behavior patterns. Reading some of the posts here is very entertaining. We make an image of who we want to be and then we spend our lives trying to live up to that. We tell our children about the dangers of peer pressure-----------only to discover that grown ups are just as influenced by peer pressure as their 4th grader. Imagine that!

I own 4 "helmet liners"--- not doo rags. I like to put them on out of sight because I DON'T WANT to be viewed as one of those guys. One of the main reasons I left Harley, was to distance myself from that image that so many are rushing to embrace. :shrug: When I get the "Harley snub" it does make me a bit miffed, but that is soon replaced by pity. They may see themselves as big, bad Billy Bad Ass--- I see a fully grown 11 year old wanting to be with the popular crowd in school. It's not just in the motorcycle world, either. Try speaking your mind against a politically protected group and see what happens, especially if you own a business such as Chick-Fil-a--Duck Calls or you are a member of the media or a public figure. :catfight: Personally, I don't care as I am mostly neutral in almost all matters and what one person does or thinks is their personal freedom, but the point I am making is that society as a whole exerts a lot of pressure to think and conform to the ever changing standards of the opinion of the masses. Freethinkers are becoming scarce. If you speak your mind and you are poor, you are called crazy. If you speak your mind and you are wealthy, then you are brilliant. A good example is Steve Jobs. A lot of people admired him, but nobody who worked for him wanted to be caught in the elevator with him.

30 years ago you were looked down on if you had facial hair and rode a Harley----now they look down on you if you don't. If I may quote your mother from years ago---"If everybody else jumped off a cliff, would you?"

PS--- I learned long ago about the dangers of posting while drinking. :yikes: Very dangerous.

Surfndad
05-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Love that story.

(pick whatever you like)

I have a Harley.
Previous owner put in new cams, new intake, better carb, better ignition, whole crap ton of performance stuff.
Almost 20,000 miles now. (she was 1 of 4 bikes until last year, now she's 1 of 2)

I wear a big BMG nylon jacket with kevlar or CHP leather jacket and leather chaps for my ATGATT

Then they don't understand how my 20 year old girl leaves their 2013 Springer in the dust.
Then they don't understand why they can't keep up with me in turns ("Oh, if I went that fast, I'd scrape my precious floorboards...")

Bottom line: Harley riders, as a congress of riders, are really great, giving people, but, they are about the most average to below average riders I have witnessed.
Hell, some of the HOG Road Captains couldn't pass a BRC2. We took 12 in a special class we setup specifically for them.
10 showed, the other 2 pontificated prior to the class to the others going that they "couldn't learn anything" from the course so they opted not to show.
6 passed.

This is why I do not do group rides well. I find "the masses" to be unpredictable and I don't enjoy the ride when I'm watching out for everyone else.
I have to build a trust with anyone I ride with through experience. You can only increase your skill by riding/playing/working/fornicating with people who are better than you are.
Also....
I do not do concerts well. I'm a professional sound engineer and I seldom enjoy a show.
I do not fly as a passenger very well. I'm a professional pilot and I know what the guy in the front seat doesn't know.
I do not suffer poor food and beverage well. My wife is a gourmet chef and we make our own wine. Having written that...Waffle House rocks...
I do not tolerate cruelty to animals but I can kill easily a human who wanted me dead, and sleep peacefully.
Finally, I do not do well with fools. My mother always taught me that "maybe they are doing the best they can" - so they get the initial benefit of the doubt.
However, my one prejudice is "willful ignorance." When a load of facts cleverly disguised as 2x4s keeps beating you about the head and shoulders and you still don't learn?
EndEx.

Great write up, and of course drink your tequila straight try Don Julio 1942

opas ride
05-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Just a "quick" story about my neighbors across the street. Man and wife who both ride Harley's...one a Sportster, the other an 883 Hugger. The wife never rides with a helmet and the husband wears one of those silly little "beanies" that cost about $10..The other day the wife took off again, straight pipes so damn loud the house shook, as she came by my house I happened to be at the end of the driveway so I shouted, somewhat in jest, where is your helment?..She replied 'It is on the back of the bike in case I need it"!!...Typical answer as she is not wrapped to tight....Ride safe

hiflyer
05-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Harley needs to expand their horizons like Victory.

http://www.ridermagazine.com/latest-news/victory-to-race-prototype-electric-motorcycle-at-isle-of-man-tourist-trophy.htm/

Doug44
05-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Harley Davidsions are great motorcycles 90% of them ever made are still on the road, the other 10% made it home.
:stirthepot:

srt8-in-largo
05-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Thanks mate.
Her carpaccio is amazing....no knife needed, just the fork.
Baked asparagus with bacon and sea salt.
Paired with one our Chilean Malbecs and it is awesome chow.
Chocolate raspberry port with cheeses for dessert.

Now I'm all hungry again....

I don't even know what most of those things are, but I'm sure it's delicious :icon_biggrin:

53driver
05-12-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't even know what most of those things are, but I'm sure it's delicious :icon_biggrin:

Aye, 'tis.

53driver
05-12-2015, 05:20 PM
53 I can't add much to that. It was pretty much spot on for me. I have one guy I ride with most of the time. My brother in law Roger. Its a thing of beauty. We think alike. We ride alike. I'm better looking. Roger rides an Ultra Classic Limited. His skill level is 'advanced'. Best HD rider I've ever seen. We have great rides. Buddy I like your style. If you're ever in MO give me shout. I'll loan you Shay-Shay and I'll crawl on the 9. Me , you , and Roger can take a ride.

I'll be closer to MO soon enough! Deal!
Now I have to check CCW reciprocity...lol!

Airborne06
05-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Love that story.

(pick whatever you like)

I have a Harley.

6 passed.

Also....
EndEx.

On time, on target.

53driver
05-12-2015, 05:22 PM
The ramblings of experience, love it.

'Willfull Ignorance', my new title for some I work with. I am a bureaucrat, I have rooms full of ignorant people to deal with on a daily basis.

Thanks for the smile Steve. Needed that after the NJ tornado came through.

Do you have a recipe for Veal Parmesan? The best I ever had was from a Jersey Italian displaced to Houston. It was ground like hamburger, shaped into a football, breaded and fried. I miss the NE for the better seafood and great Italian.

Glad you enjoyed my ramblings...I'll check with the Office of Management & Budget and see if she has any Veal Parm concepts.
NJ tornado...lol.

53driver
05-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Great write up, and of course drink your tequila straight try Don Julio 1942

I got a bit o' that somewhere. Last night 'twas Cabo Wabo.

53driver
05-12-2015, 05:25 PM
On time, on target.

Ohh-Rah!

or for you Army types...HuuUAh!

53driver
05-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Just a "quick" story about my neighbors across the street. Man and wife who both ride Harley's...one a Sportster, the other an 883 Hugger. The wife never rides with a helmet and the husband wears one of those silly little "beanies" that cost about $10..The other day the wife took off again, straight pipes so damn loud the house shook, as she came by my house I happened to be at the end of the driveway so I shouted, somewhat in jest, where is your helment?..She replied 'It is on the back of the bike in case I need it"!!...Typical answer as she is not wrapped to tight....Ride safe

So...you're saying your neighbor lady is loose?
Address???? :icon_mrgreen:

opas ride
05-12-2015, 06:45 PM
So...you're saying your neighbor lady is loose?
Address???? :icon_mrgreen:
A real scatter brain for the most part, but in her defense she has a great body for a 50+ woman...Downside is, she is always dressed with "frumpy" looking outfits her husband puts her in...(He buys all her clothes at the Salvation Army Store)...Not kidding...I could go on and on about this couple as someone should write a book about them....But being/trying to be a good neighbor, I will leave well enough alone!!!....Ride safe

tozco
05-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Some guys who ride Harley's are actually enthusiasts. When you ride your '95 80", you make up for some of the masses you mention. When I ride my '51 74", I'm pretty competent as well. I ride year round in Spokane, not easy. About the only other guys I see out regularly in the winter are the serious Harley riders, not BMW, not Honda. But the masses of HD riders do seem to be in it for the image only.

fxdl2051
05-12-2015, 07:27 PM
I think a lot of Harley guys think Harley is the only bike there is, is because it's the only bike they've known. As for the safety course drop outs, a lot of guys taught themselves how to ride back in the day, since that day they haven't done anything to improve their skills, then there is the image problem, they don't want to risk their egos by trying something new and potentially looking silly. It's all about the look. Nice thing about Rice bikes, you can wear anything, any color and not feel like you're violating some unspoken biker dress code. One thing I'll say about Harleys, they are easy to ride and pretty forgiving, I think that's why a lot of riders with bad skill sets haven't killed themselves. Once I started really trying to improve my riding skills, I was amazed at what I didn't know, I still don't know how I survived my own lack of knowledge sometimes.

53driver
05-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Some guys who ride Harley's are actually enthusiasts. When you ride your '95 80", you make up for some of the masses you mention. When I ride my '51 74", I'm pretty competent as well. I ride year round in Spokane, not easy. About the only other guys I see out regularly in the winter are the serious Harley riders, not BMW, not Honda. But the masses of HD riders do seem to be in it for the image only.

'51 74"?? Nice. Cheers!

db24
05-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Nothing wrong with a little rivalry between bike brands. I suspect most of us F6B riders were H-D owners at one time (and many still are.)

Look at it this way-- here in Milwaukee, Harley Davidson will hold an anniversary rally and more than 100,000 bikes will "return home." The Honda Gold Wing "Wing Ding" rallys attract maybe 5,000 or so. So, some of the H-D riders go a little overboard with brand loyalty and like loud pipes. There's nothing wrong with a little passion for your sport/ hobby, and the Harley riders certainly have that! :yikes:

stroguy
05-12-2015, 07:47 PM

Were you in the ANG or maybe still are? I taught a Mobile TACAN class in Spokane in the early 80's to some ANG dudes. One of them was a hardcore year round HD rider. Had a one side leather, other side fur covered, breast chest insert he placed in his jacket.

Hail all of the year round riders.

shooter
05-12-2015, 07:57 PM
I'll be closer to MO soon enough! Deal!
Now I have to check CCW reciprocity...lol!
You're good man. We take everyones.

srt8-in-largo
05-12-2015, 08:31 PM
You're good man. We take everyones.

Good on Missouri. That kinda surprises me since MO is kinda bipolar... with both a strong conservative and liberal presence.

Here in Florida it's legal for people to setup their own shooting range in the backyard; and this in a county with almost 1 million people in it :icon_biggrin:

tozco
05-12-2015, 08:35 PM
A lot of bikes have come into and left my stable. The Pan has been a steady part of nearly half of my life, it has been through a lot.

Extra points if you can name the location where I've photographed the F6b. Hint: It's in a state famous for potatoes.

srt8-in-largo
05-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Ireland?

:crackup:

jm21ddd15
05-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I think a lot of Harley guys think Harley is the only bike there is, is because it's the only bike they've known. As for the safety course drop outs, a lot of guys taught themselves how to ride back in the day, since that day they haven't done anything to improve their skills, then there is the image problem, they don't want to risk their egos by trying something new and potentially looking silly. It's all about the look. Nice thing about Rice bikes, you can wear anything, any color and not feel like you're violating some unspoken biker dress code. One thing I'll say about Harleys, they are easy to ride and pretty forgiving, I think that's why a lot of riders with bad skill sets haven't killed themselves. Once I started really trying to improve my riding skills, I was amazed at what I didn't know, I still don't know how I survived my own lack of knowledge sometimes.
The Harley image is a big, important one to those guys. I actually like several of the Harley bikes, but most all the Harley riders in this area, spend as much $$ on their Harley wardrobe, as they do on their bikes. I'm talking jackets shirts hats boots chaps glasses tattoos etc. and they wear it year round even when not on the bikes. I really like my F6, but just don't get the look as being so important. My other ride at the present time is a HondaCRF250L dual sport. No powerhouse, but fun to mess around on the dirt and trails. We have a Harley biker bar in town, I went in there once all full of mud and dirt on my off road gear, and parked the little bike out front amongst the Big Harleys. Nobody said a word to me, when I went in for a soda. Probably thought this 60 year old was a nut case! In any case, I learned to ride cycles of- road, and it is a great way to practice things that aren't possible on the street. Good for the skill set!:lolup:

Doug44
05-12-2015, 09:33 PM
A real scatter brain for the most part, but in her defense she has a great body for a 50+ woman...Downside is, she is always dressed with "frumpy" looking outfits her husband puts her in...(He buys all her clothes at the Salvation Army Store)...Not kidding...I could go on and on about this couple as someone should write a book about them....But being/trying to be a good neighbor, I will leave well enough alone!!!....Ride safe

Oh that is the very best thing about some HD owners they dress their Old Ladies up like whores :clap2: you gotta love-em

53driver
05-12-2015, 09:59 PM
A lot of bikes have come into and left my stable. The Pan has been a steady part of nearly half of my life, it has been through a lot...

Gorgeous bike, mate!

tozco
05-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Very funny, George. It's White Bird pass up in the panhandle of the other place famous for potatoes, Idaho!

I too have a buddy with all the HD branding, rides less in a year than I do in a good day.

I love little dual sports. Along with my Boeing production, I also manufacture some parts for the KLR650.

stroguy
05-12-2015, 10:48 PM
A lot of bikes have come into and left my stable. The Pan has been a steady part of nearly half of my life, it has been through a lot.

Extra points if you can name the location where I've photographed the F6b. Hint: It's in a state famous for potatoes.

Beautiful bikes.

I say coeur d'alene

srt8-in-largo
05-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Very funny, George. It's White Bird pass up in the panhandle of the other place famous for potatoes, Idaho!

Uh-oh... I'm getting called out on my funny :icon_biggrin: That was a nod to Steve's Irish heritage.

I'm envious of the landscape you're able to access anytime you want; you're smack dab in the middle of the most spectacular scenery possibly in the whole world.

srt8-in-largo
05-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Toz, if I had a 6 and your location, I'd be ALL over it!

:icon_biggrin:

shortleg0521
05-14-2015, 07:40 AM
Love that story.

(pick whatever you like)

I have a Harley.

6 passed.

Also....
EndEx.

I have to agree with it all.
I was lucky enough to sell my Street Glide to a local Police motor officer that also
taught the safety course. He invited me to take the advanced course.
He also told me to take it on the F6B.. I have to tell you at the end of the course
I felt so much better about slow turns and such. He also was great at getting the
best from everyone of us in the class. Also being able to get us to realize that we did in fact
not know it all.
shortleg

Retired Army
05-14-2015, 10:00 AM
It's not politically correct to use Harley and congress in the same sentence.

53driver
05-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Soooo..I've been riding Saorla (Heritage) all this week and even today.
Took out Isleen (F6B) tonight.

Saorla is like the Colt .45 revolver of the old west, in the old west. Noisy in operation and in function, mostly reliable, needs special bullets but they can be found everywhere, and of course, everybody has one.
Isleen is like a light saber; she's elegant, sleek, suave and she's the epitome of grace and handling with not necessarily the latest technology, but over-engineered solid technology that doesn't require "unobtanium" or anything special. And there are damn few of us Jedi Knights riding around.

To the painfully few and the obviously proud F6B owners....Slainte!!!

srt8-in-largo
05-17-2015, 07:08 PM
The Force is strong with this one.

After Googling what it is and how to pronounce... Slainte to you! :icon_biggrin:

Limoles
05-17-2015, 08:16 PM
It's not politically correct to use Harley and congress in the same sentence.

So , you really think the Congress is more charismatic , or has better marketing ?

53driver
05-17-2015, 08:41 PM
So , you really think the Congress is more charismatic , or has better marketing ?

I was thinking more along the lines as that "congress" is how one refers to a grouping of baboons....

From "YourDictionary.com"
"Traditionally, the specific collective noun for baboons is a congress of baboons; however, the non-unique collective nouns troop of baboons and tribe of baboons are also used; moreover, the recently-adopted specific collective noun flange of baboons sees increasing acceptance." (Probably as the baboons took exception to being referred to as a congress.)

jm21ddd15
05-17-2015, 09:25 PM
I was thinking more along the lines as that "congress" is how one refers to a grouping of baboons....

From "YourDictionary.com"
"Traditionally, the specific collective noun for baboons is a congress of baboons; however, the non-unique collective nouns troop of baboons and tribe of baboons are also used; moreover, the recently-adopted specific collective noun flange of baboons sees increasing acceptance." (Probably as the baboons took exception to being referred to as a congress.)
:yes: I'll second that!