PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket pipes

stevenolts
05-12-2015, 12:40 PM
What aftermarket pipes are you using?
Other than the sound are there any performance benefits?
Are there any potential problems? extra wear on engine etc...?
Did you install them your self? Did you need to remap or add a power commander (fuel mapping)?

Does the bike run stronger with the catalytic convertor removed like the Harley?

My Harley was much, much better without the cat, better air intake, and exhaust Vance and Hines Pro Pipe 2 into one. (like a different bike)
Steve

stevenolts
05-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I read something about torque loops, does anyone have them?
Steve

bobbyf6b
05-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Do a search for torq loops

Lots of info. Upper right corner of this forum page.

opas ride
05-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Have Cobra 6-2-6 pipes and a K&N air filter and bike runs fine without any ECU adjustments I am aware of...Sounds good to me, although at times the drone gets a little bothersome which is fixed with throttle speed changes...Not sure if any extra power or torque was added, but I know from reading some posts on this board that some are happy with the Torq loops changes.....Good luck

FlaMike
05-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Rush Pipes w/ 2 1/4" baffles from these guys... http://store.valueaccessories.net/Slip-OnExhaustwithTipsGL1800.aspx

Easy install, No remap, No performance gain, just a nice sounding pipe. Very happy with them.

Got a set of Torg Loops setting garage, just haven't got around to the install, which is some what involved.