PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heading to Americade?

Rudy
05-12-2015, 09:37 PM
In Lake George, New York. June 1-6th. My long time riding buddy and I were there three or fours years in a row back in the mid 90's. A great area to do some riding. The adirondacks in NY, Vermont, New Hampshire, and we even tried to get to Maine one year for lunch but we got sidetracked. We are making plans to head up this year for a couple days, it's been a long time but I am psyched to carve some of those roads with the F6B. If anyone is familiar with the area and can suggest some some riding destinations that would be great. I remember years ago riding to Lake Placid, Ben & Jerry's and White Mountain in Vermont? and of course around Lake George. I also remember taking a ferry one time but I'm not sure where that was, I'll have to do some research on that.

srt8-in-largo
05-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Dam... that looks like fun.

http://www.americade.com/index.php

RickJ
05-13-2015, 05:10 AM
In Lake George, New York. June 1-6th. My long time riding buddy and I were there three or fours years in a row back in the mid 90's. A great area to do some riding. The adirondacks in NY, Vermont, New Hampshire, and we even tried to get to Maine one year for lunch but we got sidetracked. We are making plans to head up this year for a couple days, it's been a long time but I am psyched to carve some of those roads with the F6B. If anyone is familiar with the area and can suggest some some riding destinations that would be great. I remember years ago riding to Lake Placid, Ben & Jerry's and White Mountain in Vermont? and of course around Lake George. I also remember taking a ferry one time but I'm not sure where that was, I'll have to do some research on that.

I'll probably stop by for a day or so. I live about 2 hours away so I could do it in a day. I want to see the vendors primarily to see the stuff we talk about here , also just to see that many bikes is a trip. You are right about the area- it is amazingly beautiful.

yardart
05-13-2015, 05:17 AM
Riding thru, stay one day

vmaxed
05-13-2015, 06:18 AM
Dan and I will ride there for a day.

ReserveBum
05-13-2015, 06:26 AM
I'll be there all week. Stay in Bolton Landing....

RickJ
05-13-2015, 09:56 AM
I'll be there all week. Stay in Bolton Landing....

Chatham...you make it over to Rheinbeck for the grand national? British Iron assn. is a sponsor, GREAT vintage bikes and such. This year I think it's the weekend after Americade.

Kevbuckley333
05-13-2015, 11:29 AM
I live in Boston and am riding in early Friday morning, camping Friday and Saturday night and riding home on Sunday. Not in the market for another bike but I love riding all of the demo machines.

vmaxed
06-05-2015, 06:47 AM
Me..Dan and two others went yesterday for a day ride.Got to try my new Mustang seat out,It passed the test of a 370 mile day on a bumpy rt 22 :icon_wink:.
They had this 15 trike on display.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BsF5f0j1-ZyBxLe8VmwpLAnQUFv3k7koyNX9AHXzxHnp=w1634-h919-no

flat6bagger
06-05-2015, 07:02 AM
When I get old and my knees give out maybe I will trike mine..nah,not a trike kinda guy.
I can not get past the "doesn't supposed to be on there" look.
I say this now.
My wife has hinted at getting a Wing trike in the future,so the above statement may be moot.:icon_lol:

Doug

srt8-in-largo
06-05-2015, 08:40 AM
I think that trike is beautiful. What's the deal with storage on those; can you still use the sidebags?

vmaxed
06-05-2015, 03:17 PM
No sidebags,there is a trunk.