PDA

View Full Version : Best Mod

shooter
05-13-2015, 07:07 AM
OK guys tell us what is the single best thing either appearance or performance that you have done to your F6B. For me its easy , CHROME!!

jm21ddd15
05-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Changing to windshield. The OEM may be okay for mid summer, but not for spring or fall in Wisconsin. Winter is out of question, as I don't ride on ice, or salty roads.

flat6bagger
05-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Windshield.
The OEM shield looks cool,but I got tired of not being able to hear my radio when riding over 10 mph and the wind constantly hitting me in the face shield of my helmet.
The wind thing got old very quickly.

stroguy
05-13-2015, 07:17 AM
Steve's backrest extension. Giving the wife confidence was great. I bought this rocket for both of us. Would hate it if she didn't enjoy the ride as much as me. Baggershield is a close second.

flat6bagger
05-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Steve's backrest extension was my second choice.
It is awesome and my wife is ecstatic about it!
A happy wife means more ride time.:icon_biggrin:

jkelley
05-13-2015, 07:40 AM
Cruise!!!

Retired Army
05-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Lehman's trike kit. :yes:

bigbird
05-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Larger footprint side stand.
That it's chrome is just a bonus.
No worries ever about a tip over.

shooter
05-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Bird is that a kury and is it stock length?

bigbird
05-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Bird is that a kury and is it stock length?

Yes it is a Kury.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3529-What-did-you-do-to-your-F6B-today&p=59856&viewfull=1#post59856

Ebony Deluxe
05-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Windshield A must.

flat6bagger
05-13-2015, 11:50 AM
Hey Shooter,
Chrome?
You realize you own a Honda,not a Harley don't you? :icon_lol:

BIGLRY
05-13-2015, 12:49 PM
For me the "best mod" on my F6B is having a RDL saddle made, as long as my azz is comfortable, saddle to foot peg length right and forward and aft positions correct...everything else is gravy.:301:

imported_NMRed
05-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Madstad:icon_biggrin:

Limoles
05-13-2015, 02:17 PM
For me the "best mod" on my F6B is having a RDL saddle made, as long as my azz is comfortable, saddle to foot peg length right and forward and aft positions correct...everything else is gravy.:301:

Does your RDL saddle having re-inforced springs to sustain half a ton of "mussels" ?

BIGLRY
05-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Does your RDL saddle having re-inforced springs to sustain half a ton of "mussels" ?I can't tell ya what is inside the RDL, but according to the guy who builds them for me (I do ride-in builds and have since 1979) there is a suspension set up internally and according to the RDL web site https://www.day-long.com/
"The Day-Long Touring Saddle is a motorcycle seating system specifically designed for driver and passenger comfort, incorporating our patented Support Suspension System. Each motorcycle seat, or Saddle, is individually made to be the perfect seat between person and machine, according to your personal physical requirements."

I know I have never found another custom made saddle that fits and is as comfortable as a RDL and will never ride any distance on any others.:301:

Blackedout2014
05-13-2015, 05:37 PM
OK guys tell us what is the single best thing either appearance or performance that you have done to your F6B. For me its easy , CHROME!!

That's easy....... ALL BLACK !!!

choptop
05-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Rivco fold out pegs, love them. I like a little chrome w/my black, have rear chrome rim, looking for front.

stroguy
05-13-2015, 06:38 PM

Bike looks fantastic.

Ixol Phaane
05-13-2015, 06:44 PM
That's easy... Windshield!
No, wait... cruise.
Umm... no, that's not right.
Uh.. Steve's backrest extension.
Oh! Rivco Aero pegs.

Oh hell! You know it all started with a great foundation.
My F6B ROCKS!!!

FlaMike
05-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Seat.

jm21ddd15
05-13-2015, 07:21 PM
Does that Ultimate seat lower your riding position? I don't want to get any lower. The Mustang seat lowers about 1", so I won't go there.

shooter
05-13-2015, 07:49 PM
Hey Shooter,
Chrome?
You realize you own a Honda,not a Harley don't you? :icon_lol:

Man don't bust my chops. I'm old. Besides all my riding buddies ride HDs. I set the pace on the ride. They know they can't hang. I like to hang in the parking lot too.

shooter
05-13-2015, 07:51 PM

I have to say , next to the chrome , all black is my favorite.

jm21ddd15
05-13-2015, 08:41 PM
:yes: Does look good! How's that Corbin seat? Does it move you forward or back? Is it the same height as the OEM? Lots of questions, huh.

Mufassa001
05-13-2015, 08:51 PM
I added the Klock Werks Flair windshield, OEM driving lights and Rivco chrome fold away pegs; drove from PA to the Keys, 3464 miles later, I knew I made the right adds to the bike!

FlaMike
05-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Does that Ultimate seat lower your riding position? I don't want to get any lower. The Mustang seat lowers about 1", so I won't go there.

No, the regular (Midrider) Ultimate is maybe just a tick higher than stock. The King Ultimate is higher and sits you farther back.

flat6bagger
05-14-2015, 05:50 AM
Shooter,
I will not mess with you anymore.
I understand that when you hang with Chromasexual Harley guys,it is hard not to resist the urge.
I ride with a group that is mostly Harley riders,but I will not allow myself to be seduced into Chromatopia.:icon_lol:
All in good fun brother.
Chrome can add some beauty when not gone overboard.

jm21ddd15
05-14-2015, 06:06 AM
No, the regular (Midrider) Ultimate is maybe just a tick higher than stock. The King Ultimate is higher and sits you farther back.

Thanks for the tip!:icon_biggrin:

shooter
05-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Shooter,
I will not mess with you anymore.
I understand that when you hang with Chromasexual Harley guys,it is hard not to resist the urge.
I ride with a group that is mostly Harley riders,but I will not allow myself to be seduced into Chromatopia.:icon_lol:
All in good fun brother.
Chrome can add some beauty when not gone overboard.

Chromatopia is a rare disease. There is no cure. The pain , however , can be lessened by buying a new piece of chrome every month until you get your ride the way you want it.

jm21ddd15
05-14-2015, 07:01 AM
You didn't say if it was contagious? :shrug:

flat6bagger
05-14-2015, 07:27 AM
You didn't say if it was contagious? :shrug:

Disclaimer: my statements are for entertainment purposes only.
I am not trying to offend,harass or hurt anyones feelings.

That being said and to answer this question..
Yes, it can be highly contagious.
Seems to be mostly spread through contact with chromasexuals in parking lots,gas stops and Harley dealerships.
The only known cure to date is to not have direct contact with any of the above.
This is exactly why when around these types or areas,I stay as far back as possible.:icon_lol:

DaWadd
05-14-2015, 07:32 AM
SpeedBleeders."coffee"

shooter
05-14-2015, 09:00 AM

Seems to be mostly spread through contact with chromasexuals in parking lots,gas stops and Harley dealerships.
The only known cure to date is to not have direct contact with any of the above.
This is exactly why when around these types or areas,I stay as far back as possible.:icon_lol:

Funny. I have seen no effort to rid your bike of those 'little' chrome pieces on it. You've got it F6B and you know it. Steve has it too.

Retired Army
05-14-2015, 09:34 AM

Let me be the first to commend you on your choice for background for your avatar photo, Semper Fie.

flat6bagger
05-14-2015, 03:04 PM
Shooter,
True story. (well parts are true,there may be a tad bit of embellishment)

I just left the Honda dealer and the first thing the salesman that did the paperwork on my bike said was,"you need to start adding chrome to that bike."
I said,"hold up,did a guy called Shooter call you and tell you to say that?"
He said,"who's Shooter?"
I said,"never mind he is just a chromaholic,stricken with chromatopia that rides with chromasexuals that is on a forum I go too.
He just stood the with a dazed look in his eyes,speechless.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

shooter
05-14-2015, 03:17 PM
:yikes:

flat6bagger
05-14-2015, 03:32 PM
:yikes:

EXACTLY! :icon_wink::icon_biggrin:

53driver
05-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Let me be the first to commend you on your choice for background for your avatar photo, Semper Fi.

"bark..woof"

flat6bagger
05-14-2015, 06:58 PM
"Let me be the first to commend you on your choice for background for your avatar photo, Semper Fie."

Thanks Retired Army.
I can not respond to your saying "Semper Fi."
I have not earned that right.
That would be disrespectful to those who have served and earned that right.
I was not in any branch of service.
The Marine Corps flag is up because of my brother who is a Colonel in the Marine Corps.
I am proud of his accomplishments.
The American flag is up because I am grateful for being born and raised in this country.
I love this country.
I believe in what the American flag stands for.
Just because the Marine Corps flag is the only flag up in my garage does not mean that I favor that branch of service any more than the others.
I have total respect for EVERY Soldier, past, present and future for their sacrifices to ensure that people like me can live free.
GOD bless every one of them.
Sorry for the off topic lengthy response,but I felt I needed to explain why I did not instantly respond to you.

tinknocker
05-14-2015, 07:01 PM
For me it's the windshield and the black...the black makes it faster and the windshield makes that tolerable3015

shooter
05-15-2015, 04:10 PM
"Let me be the first to commend you on your choice for background for your avatar photo, Semper Fie.

Thanks Retired Army.
The Marine Corps flag is up because of my brother who is a Colonel in the Marine Corps.
The American flag is up because I am grateful for being born and raised in this country.
I love this country.
Just because the Marine Corps flag is the only flag up in my garage does not mean that I favor that branch of service any more than the others.
I have total respect for EVERY Soldier, past, present and future for their sacrifices to ensure that people like me can live free.
Sorry for the off topic lengthy response,but I felt I needed to explain why I did not instantly respond to you.

Man you get me all fired up then you post this. I enjoyed the post. Made me feel good. Thanks.

53driver
05-15-2015, 04:17 PM
"Let me be the first to commend you on your choice for background for your avatar photo, Semper Fi."

Thanks Retired Army.
I love this country.

Awesome-ness.
Thank you for your service to America - as an American.

Redlinez
05-20-2015, 09:37 AM
I'm waiting for my bike, but I'm already thinking the OEM tinted windshield. At $144 less 15%, it seems like a no-brainer unless there's another one I should seriously consider. I'm coming from riding nothing but sportbikes, so it's already way better wind protection..... Looks like the baggershield 11" is another one I really like.