PDA

View Full Version : Here's why I can't wait to buy Heli bars

wantone
05-16-2015, 05:56 PM
I currently have Rocky's risers. Although I like them better than Kuryakyn But still need some pullback. So today I stopped at my dealer and asked them to move the bars all the way back. That brought the bars little bit closer to me and let me tell you how much more comfortable I felt. For the first time I felt in complete control of the bike. The bike felt much more lighter than before. It made me sit further back, resulting in more sure footedness at stops. With the bars forward I think I was sitting more close to the gas tank and higher.

But my happiness was short lived. With bars all the way back my wrist was under stress. But It gave me an Idea how much more comfort I can get. All I need is more pullback with greater wrist adjustment. So I'm thinking whether to get ultimate seat first, which will push me forward and relieve the wrist stress. But I'll loose 1 inch drop by giving up on mustang seat. Or go with heli bars and stay with mustang. With mustang I'm experiencing lower back pain after a while. There cannot be any compromise on handle bar comfort that's for sure. Helli seems to be the right direction to go.

BIGLRY
05-16-2015, 06:27 PM
While I agree 100% with the comfort and adjustability of the Heli bars and will never give mine up, I personally feel one must get the saddle right with the seat to foot peg distances and angle of the knees in the most comfortable position. Get your azz perfectly comfortable then add the bars, same goes for shields, once you have a solid comfortable platform everything else can be made to fit. I'm not going to tell you what saddle is right for you, but if the Mustang is causing lower back pain it obviously ain't the right one(no preexisting back issues?).
Ill fitting handlebars may cause numbness in the hands, wrist, shoulder and upper neck while an ill fitting saddle is a pain in the azz possibly causing lower to mid back pains, side & stomach aches due to strained muscles and an all over soreness at the end of a ride.

I personally ride a custom fitted Russell Daylong due to my size and weight, in fact no off the rack aftermarket saddle I've ever thrown a leg over has been comfortable to me. I do have a Ultimate King on my 04 Rune its good for local rides, but if I'm going to ride it more than 100 miles I slip on the custom RDL I had made for it.
Good luck in whatever saddle you go with and I'm sure you will love the Heli bars. Let us know how it works out for ya.:301:

wantone
05-16-2015, 07:26 PM
Biglry I have garmin zumo 665 on my handlebar right now. Do I need to order Heli Zumo Mount for LST Handlebars from them ?

BIGLRY
05-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Biglry I have garmin zumo 665 on my handlebar right now. Do I need to order Heli Zumo Mount for LST Handlebars from them ?Sorry, I don't know the answer to that ? since I don't run any GPS, give them a call 800-289-1047.

https://www.helibars.com/product/heli-zumo-mount-lst-handlebars

Heli Zumo Mount for LST Handlebars install instructions
https://www.helibars.com/sites/default/files/install_instructions/Installation%20Instructions%20LST%20HeliMount%20We b.pdf

timjoebob
05-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Have Helibars and I have Ram mounts on both handlebars for GPS and cell phone.

Here's a photo.