PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back on an F6B!

Wmorgan2k
05-17-2015, 10:41 AM
So I went away for about a year when I traded my red F6B in for an all black murdered out full Wing. I really enjoyed that bike but missed the creature comforts of the wing, happy to say I still have the wing for the days when I want to be on road sofa and now I have a gorgeous matte grey F6B to tool around on as well! Once I saw it I had to have it. Love the way it looks. 40th anniversary, taller screen (not quite tall enough but close), deluxe and YES CRUISE! Although the cruise is a bit sloppy it needs to be adjusted.

I'm also quite lucky as I landed a deal on a new Valkyrie as well! So now I have the whole Flat 6 Family!

Here's some quick pics:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2015%20F6B/4F35B961-7CF3-4D82-8D79-3AE62D183F96.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2015%20F6B/F302202A-96C0-4E7C-8454-728F0F7B01C8.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/phantomx2k/media/2015%20F6B/F302202A-96C0-4E7C-8454-728F0F7B01C8.jpg.html)

Here's the new Valkyrie:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2014%20Valkyrie/5AE6ED7C-3B1F-4096-8CBB-8E4DF55754FC.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/phantomx2k/media/2014%20Valkyrie/5AE6ED7C-3B1F-4096-8CBB-8E4DF55754FC.jpg.html)

And the bike I traded the old F6B for:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2014%20GoldWing/7E90C838-9AC7-4702-9140-A0ED5CB0F4D9.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/phantomx2k/media/2014%20GoldWing/7E90C838-9AC7-4702-9140-A0ED5CB0F4D9.jpg.html)

The Wing has the Full Monty Traxxion setup and it's awesome! Plus lots of other stuff and stupid amounts of dollars LOL as we all tend to do.

Quick question, rear suspension setting what's everyone running? I totally forgot.

JackB
05-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Nice selection of F6's now you need to add a old Valkyrie to the stable.
Your Mustang also looks cool.

opas ride
05-17-2015, 11:07 AM
Nice bikes...Must be great to have a lot of disposable income to afford all those toys including the Mustang in the car-port....Oh well, as they say, "some of us have it, and some of us don't".....Ride safe....

ths61
05-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Nice stable. Enjoy.

Dfinkelsteinmd
05-17-2015, 11:26 AM
So I went away for about a year when I traded my red F6B in for an all black murdered out full Wing. I really enjoyed that bike but missed the creature comforts of the wing, happy to say I still have the wing for the days when I want to be on road sofa and now I have a gorgeous matte grey F6B to tool around on as well! Once I saw it I had to have it. Love the way it looks. 40th anniversary, taller screen (not quite tall enough but close), deluxe and YES CRUISE! Although the cruise is a bit sloppy it needs to be adjusted.

I'm also quite lucky as I landed a deal on a new Valkyrie as well! So now I have the whole Flat 6 Family!

Here's some quick pics:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2015%20F6B/4F35B961-7CF3-4D82-8D79-3AE62D183F96.jpg
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2015%20F6B/F302202A-96C0-4E7C-8454-728F0F7B01C8.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/phantomx2k/media/2015%20F6B/F302202A-96C0-4E7C-8454-728F0F7B01C8.jpg.html)

Here's the new Valkyrie:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2014%20Valkyrie/5AE6ED7C-3B1F-4096-8CBB-8E4DF55754FC.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/phantomx2k/media/2014%20Valkyrie/5AE6ED7C-3B1F-4096-8CBB-8E4DF55754FC.jpg.html)

And the bike I traded the old F6B for:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/phantomx2k/2014%20GoldWing/7E90C838-9AC7-4702-9140-A0ED5CB0F4D9.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/phantomx2k/media/2014%20GoldWing/7E90C838-9AC7-4702-9140-A0ED5CB0F4D9.jpg.html)

The Wing has the Full Monty Traxxion setup and it's awesome! Plus lots of other stuff and stupid amounts of dollars LOL as we all tend to do.

Quick question, rear suspension setting what's everyone running? I totally forgot.

I think most of us ride with the pre-load set at the midway or slightly higher point, but my question is when do you decide to ride the new Valk? I have been trying to justify it sitting next to my F6B in the garage but when I really want a quick power cruise I usually jump on my VROD. Can you tell us about your riding experience with the new Valk? I know it gives up storage but seems even more spirited than the B for quick rides around town or into the hills.

Jimmytee
05-17-2015, 12:42 PM
Can't hide money.:icon_biggrin: Nice collection there.

cwjj2001
05-17-2015, 02:46 PM
What I like most about your setup is the SRT Banner hanging above the Mustang...lol awesome!!! Glad to have you back!!!

flat6bagger
05-17-2015, 04:23 PM
I think he just posted these pictures to brag about his toys.:icon_lol:

Spirit Rider
05-17-2015, 05:28 PM

I'm also quite lucky as I landed a deal on a new Valkyrie as well! So now I have the whole Flat 6 Family

You are giving me some ideas as I really had hard time to chose between the F6B and the Valk.. Got the F6B, a wonderful ride. However I'm happy every second day, the other one I still wonder if a simple monster with less equipment would make me happier.

Quick question: could you PM me how I can become millionaire by the end of the week? I can travel :)

slather1
05-17-2015, 05:56 PM
I also would like your impression of the Valkyrie compared to the F6B?

nvmyf6
05-17-2015, 06:47 PM
I also would like your impression of the Valkyrie compared to the F6B?

+1 :icon_cool:

jm21ddd15
05-17-2015, 06:53 PM
Any modifications to either the F6 or the Valk? Might sway your opinion one way or the other. JUst wondering.

Bryster
05-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Can't hide money.:icon_biggrin: Nice collection there.

With the size of the shed he'll need... there's places to stash it! :icon_lol:

Wmorgan2k
05-17-2015, 09:04 PM
LOL thanks guys I see we haven't lost our sense of humour. Good group for sure. I work hard for sure and it's taken a long time to get here so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I should have posted pics of my Focus ST and the new F150 XLT LOL...

As for the Valk vs the F6B TOTALLY different machines. They share a motor and frame and that's about it. It's lighter, faster (as fast as the VROD i feel). I traded a 2012 VROD for the Valk and wouldn't look back for sure. The Valk is more comfy, better leg protection, as fast, way smoother and handles better. The VROD with the big 240 on the back is fun but you always feel like your forcing it to go somewhere where the Valk is effortless. With no screen it's a pretty good blast of air on the interstate but with a full face its really not bad. I think I'm going to put a small screen on it to curb a little of that.

With the traditional handlebars and single light it feels smaller than the other for sure. It really is a totally different animal to ride. Did I mention fast? Damn thing is quick. At over 150lbs lighter it moves out nicely and growls pretty good too.

Here's the thing for me. With a screen on the valk I wouldn't think twice about getting on and riding from FL to GA and all around the mountains and home again. I wouldn't dare try that on the VROD. The clamshell riding position after a bit kills my back and a good solid bump and it jams my lower spine up and then I'm all messed up for a week. The Valk feels more nimble and has a much more traditional and for me more comfortable riding position than the VROD.

Oh and the Valk is way better for a passenger. My SO would slide all over on the VROD and always felt like she was about to fall off, the Valk she almost never holds on and it's much bigger seat for both rider and passenger on the Valk. Oh and it has hand holds for the passenger and the VROD doesn't.

So hope that helps some. All 3 bikes, even though they share a frame and engine are still very different from each other when you ride them. I have Traxxion on the Wing so it's awesome but the seat position and distance to bars more upright and closer. The F6B is farther away, lower in the bike and it's a touch quicker than the wing with a throatier exhaust note, handling is normally a bit lighter on the F6B but I have Traxxion so the Wing is a monster in the corners. The Valk is lighter and faster and handles amazing. It's a cruiser so you get that exposed feeling riding it. When I want to tour or it's cold, the Wing, when I want to bomb around and have some storage or ride to work the F6B when I want to go blast around on a nice warm day the Valk!

Like they say you can never have to many toys LOL...

53driver
05-17-2015, 10:03 PM
LOL thanks guys I see we haven't lost our sense of humour. Good group for sure. I work hard for sure and it's taken a long time to get here so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I should have posted pics of my Focus ST and the new F150 XLT LOL...

As for the Valk vs the F6B TOTALLY different machines. They share a motor and frame and that's about it. It's lighter, faster (as fast as the VROD i feel). I traded a 2012 VROD for the Valk and wouldn't look back for sure. The Valk is more comfy, better leg protection, as fast, way smoother and handles better. The VROD with the big 240 on the back is fun but you always feel like your forcing it to go somewhere where the Valk is effortless. With no screen it's a pretty good blast of air on the interstate but with a full face its really not bad. I think I'm going to put a small screen on it to curb a little of that.

With the traditional handlebars and single light it feels smaller than the other for sure. It really is a totally different animal to ride. Did I mention fast? Damn thing is quick. At over 150lbs lighter it moves out nicely and growls pretty good too.

Here's the thing for me. With a screen on the valk I wouldn't think twice about getting on and riding from FL to GA and all around the mountains and home again. I wouldn't dare try that on the VROD. The clamshell riding position after a bit kills my back and a good solid bump and it jams my lower spine up and then I'm all messed up for a week. The Valk feels more nimble and has a much more traditional and for me more comfortable riding position than the VROD.

Oh and the Valk is way better for a passenger. My SO would slide all over on the VROD and always felt like she was about to fall off, the Valk she almost never holds on and it's much bigger seat for both rider and passenger on the Valk. Oh and it has hand holds for the passenger and the VROD doesn't.

So hope that helps some. All 3 bikes, even though they share a frame and engine are still very different from each other when you ride them. I have Traxxion on the Wing so it's awesome but the seat position and distance to bars more upright and closer. The F6B is farther away, lower in the bike and it's a touch quicker than the wing with a throatier exhaust note, handling is normally a bit lighter on the F6B but I have Traxxion so the Wing is a monster in the corners. The Valk is lighter and faster and handles amazing. It's a cruiser so you get that exposed feeling riding it. When I want to tour or it's cold, the Wing, when I want to bomb around and have some storage or ride to work the F6B when I want to go blast around on a nice warm day the Valk!

Awesome mate. Ride in good health!

srt8-in-largo
05-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Hot damn... a man with all the toys... welcome aboard, er back, or whatever :icon_biggrin:

What I like most about your setup is the SRT Banner hanging above the Mustang...lol awesome!!! Glad to have you back!!!

Good eye!!

Wmorgan2k
05-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Hot damn... a man with all the toys... welcome aboard, er back, or whatever :icon_biggrin:

Good eye!!

Yup for a short time I had a Black SRT8 300, 2012. It was fast and nice but mods were limited and expensive and as gorgeous as it was the interior just fell apart on me and when i put a sub in it, it rattled to pieces lol. Fun to drive though. I did the SRT track experience and it was phenomenal. All day at Road Atlanta.

DaWadd
05-18-2015, 08:48 AM
Nice stable of bikes. Honda should buy you a present.:yes:

Dfinkelsteinmd
05-18-2015, 10:51 PM

Yes it's the toys plus the rides and the more varied the better. I found it less expensive to have all the bikes and cars that I can drive rather than juggle wives, mistresses or whatever. You have convinced me to dump my VROD and pick up a new Valk or Moto Guzzi for those quick adrenalin fueled blasts into the hills, while keeping my F6B for overnight trips. I also ride a BMW R9T for stylin' trips to the cafe for coffee...

Wmorgan2k
05-18-2015, 11:48 PM
That's awesome. You'll love the Valk it's so much more comfy to ride. And that BMW is a sweet ride too! And yes juggling wives and mistresses is really expensive, been there done that...

Redlinez
05-20-2015, 09:34 AM
Congrats on one heckuva nice stable! I kind of hope that once I have my F6B that I might be able to pull off adding a sportbike or Ninja 1000 to my stable.....

grendl
05-20-2015, 06:24 PM
My hurricane is my zap machine, I have the F6 and not really fond of the full wing BUT that is a very tempting stable you have sir and I hear ya -you worked long and hard to manage it-aint no shame in it.
Nice collection !
That black Gold Wing is nice though..hmmmmm

Spirit Rider
05-20-2015, 08:08 PM

You are 100% right my friend. Enjoy life one day at a time. Wishing you the very best.

PS: haven't received that job offer yet, surely in tomorrow's mail. Cheers