PDA

View Full Version : High pitched noise

Thunderbird03
05-17-2015, 04:55 PM
I have a high pitched noise when I accelerate up to 50 or 60. It sounds like a high picked
Sound coming from alternator. It is very aggravating. Does anyone have this problem
And would a new alternator or what ever is making the noise be replace under warranty.

Jerry

53driver
05-17-2015, 05:52 PM
I have a high pitched noise when I accelerate up to 50 or 60. It sounds like a high picked
Sound coming from alternator. It is very aggravating. Does anyone have this problem
And would a new alternator or what ever is making the noise be replace under warranty.

Jerry

I'm not doubting you, but you have incredible hearing if you can tell it's the alternator from the noise it makes going 55 mph.
Unless it is coming through the speakers and varying with RPMs...

Any secondaries?
Rough RPMs?
During acceleration only, or while at stable RPMs too?
Metal in the oil?
Any fluctuations in voltage?
Any noticeable dimming of stuff when RPMs are at idle?
Did you just add anything with an electrical load?
If it just started doing this, with no other changes to the bike, I'd be having a tech take a look see.

jm21ddd15
05-17-2015, 06:55 PM
I also have a 2015, but no noise like you describe. How many miles on the motor?

Limoles
05-17-2015, 07:13 PM
Jerry's problem is NOT illusional . My neighbor's alternator in his Honda ST 1300 was louder , than motor itself . Bearing problems with GL 1500 were notorious . I'd check with dealer and change alternator ASAP .

Thunderbird03
05-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Thanks Limoles I will go to dealer on Tuesday, feel that they will say that is the way it is
Surpose to be. So I hope they will help.

Jerry

seadog
05-17-2015, 07:40 PM

Jerry

I have a tweety bird chirping in the new F6B Deluxe, have been waiting to find out if it will go away or if the dealer has to do something with it. it only has 650 miles on it since new

Limoles
05-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Thanks Limoles I will go to dealer on Tuesday, feel that they will say that is the way it is
Surpose to be. So I hope they will help.

Jerry

Hope for the best . Some dealers are eager to fix anything under warranty . Don't give up !!!

53driver
05-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Jerry's problem is NOT illusional . My neighbor's alternator in his Honda ST 1300 was louder , than motor itself . Bearing problems with GL 1500 were notorious . I'd check with dealer and change alternator ASAP .

Again, I'm not doubting Jerry - not at all.
I just never heard an alternator get louder than the motor and even if I did, I don't know how I would know that.
As opposed to the water pump, timing thingy, or anything else spinning at full-tilt-boogie under the tupperware.

srt8-in-largo
05-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Tinnitus?

j/k

:icon_mrgreen:

Let us know how it goes; I haven't seen people complaining of this on an F6.