PDA

View Full Version : J&M CB Radio

suzp
07-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Has anyone installed a J&M CB Radio on the F6B yet? I have one from my previous bike and would like to install it on the new F6B. I am looking for a mounting bracket and possible instruction or direction on how to tie it into the existing radio.

K-Town Rider
08-05-2013, 10:35 PM
The CB will work....I have had one on a 1500. Several friends have them now. If J& M does not have a chrome bracket for the F6, I can make it and have it chromed. How about the antenna? A license plate mount just would not look good on the F6. Any ideas??????

Pedro66
08-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Your lucky to have one J&M CB is not available at present as the factory closed and they are not really compatible with the GL1800 although you could use the AUX in on the CB and feed it from the bike then use the CB headset connection, but why would you fit a unit like this when you can fit an OEM and have it integrated into the bike correctly

CheckpointChcky
05-05-2014, 12:50 AM
I think perhaps if one gets a mp3 rear rack that the antenna could be mounted there by drilling a small hole for the antenna shaft but that is just my 2 pennies worth.

The CB will work....I have had one on a 1500. Several friends have them now. If J& M does not have a chrome bracket for the F6, I can make it and have it chromed. How about the antenna? A license plate mount just would not look good on the F6. Any ideas??????

CheckpointChcky
05-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Does someone make a OEM cb radio for the f6b?

Your lucky to have one J&M CB is not available at present as the factory closed and they are not really compatible with the GL1800 although you could use the AUX in on the CB and feed it from the bike then use the CB headset connection, but why would you fit a unit like this when you can fit an OEM and have it integrated into the bike correctly

Pedro66
05-05-2014, 01:08 AM
Yes

http://bikemp3.com/F6B-CB-Enable-Kit-HGW-F6B-CBE.htm?categoryId=-1

BACA
05-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Yes

http://bikemp3.com/F6B-CB-Enable-Kit-HGW-F6B-CBE.htm?categoryId=-1

I installed one of Pedro's kits on my F6B and it works great! I highly recommend if you want a CB on your F6B.

CheckpointChcky
05-15-2014, 04:05 PM

I may do that eventually but money is the issue right now. I just need a bracket to add it to the left handlebar area and I'm not having any luck with that. You guys are all real smart when it comes to fabrication ideas, what would you guys suggest?

Pedro66
05-16-2014, 01:25 AM
I may do that eventually but money is the issue right now. I just need a bracket to add it to the left handlebar area and I'm not having any luck with that. You guys are all real smart when it comes to fabrication ideas, what would you guys suggest?

Personally as the top is missing off the controls on the F6B I think you will find the normal Honda mount would not be far off being right

CheckpointChcky
05-16-2014, 12:13 PM
I do agree with you....figment is a problem. You don't know of anyone in North Carolina who does your install of a CB radio do you?

Pedro66
05-16-2014, 12:36 PM
I do agree with you....figment is a problem. You don't know of anyone in North Carolina who does your install of a CB radio do you?

Not that I can think of but I am sure someone will pipe in to offer help its really not too hard

CheckpointChcky
05-16-2014, 02:55 PM
I would have to have someone do it for me because I would mess it up for sure. Bolts are one thing, electrical is another.:icon_doh:

Pedro66
05-16-2014, 03:59 PM
I would have to have someone do it for me because I would mess it up for sure. Bolts are one thing, electrical is another.:icon_doh:

Don't sell yourself short it just plugs in the bolts are the harder part

BACA
05-17-2014, 06:17 PM
If I can do install a BikeMP3 CB kit anyone can..........my advice, study each instruction thoroughly and take your time.....like Dave Crockett once said "Be sure your right then go ahead".........also Pedro was available to answer any of my questions.