PDA

View Full Version : On the road again...

Bike44
07-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Great news! My order for a 2013 F6B has been ok'd, and should be here in early August. A Red Deluxe was available in Honda's warehouse, not sure but most apparently have already been allocated. Probably in prep for the '14's.

At least I'll get to ride her some before winter, which up in Alaska can start by mid-October. Now to have all winter to plan for a Canadian tour next summer. Gonna' be fun.

MichaelG
07-23-2013, 02:29 PM
That is great news...congrats. And for the riding in Canada next year, I have heard from a little birdie that since the first Honda F6B rally that is being held in Franklin, NC this year...the idea is to hold the second annual gathering of Honda F6B's in Banff/Jasper are of Canada next year.

Makes sense...the Southeast of the US one year...and the Southwest of Canada the next year. (we actually consider that to be the Northwest of the US, but don't tell the Canadians that, as they really believe that Banff and Jasper are in their own country.:shock:

So, when you think about riding that new Red Deluxe in Canada next year, plan on riding on down to Banff/Jasper and joining all of us (I hope, I hope, I hope)

Hey, I can always plant the seed. and see if it grows:icon_mrgreen:

Bike44
07-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi Miles, thanks for the heads up on the Canadian festivities. My riding buddy (HD Heritage Softail) is back in Minnesota for the summer and plans to scoot to Sturgis, then back here as the waterfowl head south in September. He ships his ride back and forth.

We planned earlier to see Banff/Jasper next summer, so it could and should work out. More later as plans come together. He's the planner, I'm there to pick up any parts he sheds (I carry a big azz HD road magnet just in case).

From what I've read the F6B will be our motorcycle answer. The wife rides a little, but without the trunk it'll be easier to handle going forward. Will post a ride review like many here have when I can.

Paul B Blues
07-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Great news! My order for a 2013 F6B has been ok'd, and should be here in early August. A Red Deluxe was available in Honda's warehouse, not sure but most apparently have already been allocated. Probably in prep for the '14's.

At least I'll get to ride her some before winter, which up in Alaska can start by mid-October. Now to have all winter to plan for a Canadian tour next summer. Gonna' be fun.

That is good news man, you'll still get yours before me, so I will look forward to seeing how you get on. Best of luck.

Paul B........

Bike44
07-23-2013, 04:58 PM
That is good news man, you'll still get yours before me, so I will look forward to seeing how you get on. Best of luck.

Paul B........

Thanks Paul, I'm sure you and I will be pleased. The local dealership is excited as well to finally get one in to look over and ride. I offered them the opportunity to test mine before delivery providing they didn't damage or wash it, especially the sales and service staff.

There's always a risk when someone else rides, but I felt that way if there were any setup or teething issues they'd be noted and rectified. Plus Goldwings are not a common sales item in Fairbanks. They sell far more of BMW's adventure bikes and H-D's than big Hondas.

It'll be a long two weeks waiting for the F6B. Wife says now get to work on home maintenance before our Fall rainy season and winter. I might have to take a nap and think about that some more.

Alberta Beagle
07-23-2013, 07:14 PM
That is great news...congrats. And for the riding in Canada next year, I have heard from a little birdie that since the first Honda F6B rally that is being held in Franklin, NC this year...the idea is to hold the second annual gathering of Honda F6B's in Banff/Jasper are of Canada next year.

Makes sense...the Southeast of the US one year...and the Southwest of Canada the next year. (we actually consider that to be the Northwest of the US, but don't tell the Canadians that, as they really believe that Banff and Jasper are in their own country.:shock:

So, when you think about riding that new Red Deluxe in Canada next year, plan on riding on down to Banff/Jasper and joining all of us (I hope, I hope, I hope)

Hey, I can always plant the seed. and see if it grows:icon_mrgreen:

Miles, you are one funny guy!!! I hope you are right about next years F6B gathering as that is right in my backyard.:icon_mrgreen:

Beagle

MichaelG
07-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Miles, you are one funny guy!!! I hope you are right about next years F6B gathering as that is right in my backyard.:icon_mrgreen:

Beagle

All I am doing is planting a seed........and seeing if it grows.:icon_wink:

Bike44
07-23-2013, 09:42 PM
The NW Canadian-US gathering. Can't be too much involved (He says simplistically). Find a good spot to gather with adequate food, beverage, and a commanding view of the scenic area.

For that reason hot springs (http://www.hellobc.com/british-columbia/things-to-do/food-wine-relaxation/hot-springs.aspx) are noted for their obvious appeal. We have one (http://www.chenahotsprings.com)nearby Fairbanks that provides camping plus all the amenities for those so inclined.

We'll have all winter to think about if, where, and when.

Alberta Beagle
07-24-2013, 04:49 PM
All I am doing is planting a seed........and seeing if it grows.:icon_wink:

Seems like alot of people always tell me I am full of sh** so maybe I can supply the fertilizer!!!! :shock: