PDA

View Full Version : Sena SM10-01 SM10 Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter

stevenolts
05-21-2015, 09:46 AM
I am about to buy a Sena SM10-01 SM10 Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter.
Does anyone have experience with this product?

I currently have the Sena SMH10 and I love the sound and ease of use. This seems like it would probably be the best interface to get the F6B radio to play through my Sena SMH10 Bluetooth helmet speakers.

I see there are cheaper versions that have Bluetooth 4.0 / the Sena SM10-01 only has Bluetooth 2.1 do you think that will limit its future capabilities?

I should be able to also use this in my beach condo to make my living room stereo play to Bluetooth speakers on the balcony????
Does Bluetooth transmit through a sliding glass door or windows?

Steve

radi0chik
05-21-2015, 04:05 PM
My husband and I each have one on our bikes and we love them. We have the 20s intercoms now but the streaming worked fine when we had smh10 intercoms.

I don't think the BT4 would be that much of an advantage over BT2.1 (See here (http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Bluetooth-4-0-3-0-and-2-0))

For what we're using them for, BT2.1 will work just fine.

I'm not going to guarantee the Sena will work with any bluetooth speakers. It may be difficult to get them to pair. You could use your cell phone to your bluetooth speakers, but I have never tried using the SM10 for that.

Yes, it will transmit through glass, much better than walls, as a matter of fact.

Hope this helps!