PDA

View Full Version : Hand wings

2bikemike
05-21-2015, 01:58 PM
I see there are a few different brands of hand wings and I've found a few posts about them. Looking for some current input on one brand over another and what you like or dislike about them.

ths61
05-21-2015, 02:06 PM
FWIW, I selected the National Cycle Quantum hand wings (over the Baker) because of their ratcheting system. It does not rely on "getting the friction right" or require stops to be added to the fairing or mirror housings. I selected black mounting hardware and light smoke.

I only have a few hundred miles on them so time will tell about their longevity. They do enhance the windshield's performance.

Someone posted they removed their hand wings because it caused mirror vibrations. I have not noticed any added vibrations since adding the National Cycle version.

CheesyRider
05-21-2015, 03:41 PM
I also have the National Cycle Quantum hand wings. I installed them before I even took my first ride. I'm very happy with them. Like ths61, I chose them over the Baker wings because the racheting system seems like a better design.

edgeman55
05-21-2015, 05:36 PM
I have run the Baker hand wings for over a year and many miles with no problem.Very solid product if installed properly and they really work well.

Steve 0080
05-21-2015, 11:26 PM
I have the Tulsa...there ok, but would rather have a __________?

tmac99
05-22-2015, 06:30 AM
+1 for the Baker, although I have never used any other brand. I found them easy to install and they work very well, either sending a significant stream of air in towards me and my passenger, or cutting it off very well. They are only an "open" or "close" type system, no part-way positions possible, but I find this to be OK. Also, they are very easy to "open" or "close" while riding.

53driver
05-22-2015, 07:20 AM
+2 for Baker.
On easy.
Open or shut - I like binary operations.
A blessing in the cold to keep the airflow off the hands.
I wish they put air more inward - I haven't found that 'optimum' angle for the stop yet.
I'd like the air to get further past my hands towards my seat, but it wasn't that way without them either.

vmaxed
05-22-2015, 07:41 AM
+3 for Baker,I have them on both bikes.