PDA

View Full Version : Backwards Bicycle

53driver
05-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Everyone says "Once you learn to ride a bicycle, you never forget." This man actually proved it is a forgettable skill.

I am VERY sure that I could NOT ride this bicycle.

I wish this guy would bring this thing to Franklin......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzDaBzBlL0

flat6bagger
05-21-2015, 07:53 PM
That is awesome.
I wonder if someone is drunk if they could do it.
Seems a lot of it is over thinking the situation.
Being drunk would involve no thinking at all.:icon_biggrin:

stroguy
05-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Thanks Steve. My ultra competitive bias says .....I CAN RIDE THAT BIKE!

What if you were on the back of a moving vehicle going 20MPH and were released? Might be a tad easier.

srt8-in-largo
05-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Fascinating.

RickJ
05-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Just...wow.Kinda reminds me of the motorcycle video where he referred to survival instincts that are dangerous on a motorcycle and we have to train to unlearn what we would normally do that would actually be dangerous...Thanks.

jm21ddd15
05-21-2015, 10:22 PM
If he brings that bike to franklin, I'm not trying it. I'm sure I'd fail, :banghead: So I'll just lie to myself and say I could.

53driver
05-22-2015, 07:01 AM
Thanks Steve. My ultra competitive bias says .....I CAN RIDE THAT BIKE!

Yeah, mine too. In fact, mine is still nagging me about it.

But my brain wiring is still:
Press in the direction of the turn to initiate lean....
Begin countersteering....
adjust press and lean as required through turn...
press away to straighten...

This would be:
Press in opposite direction of turn - but lean into turn...
Begin counter-counter steering...
Continue with "crossed up" profile through turn...
Press into turn to straighten....

Most of the people who tried to ride it were looking down at the tire at slow speeds...letting their eyes have an "input" into the process.
I reckon if they looked out 'where they wanted to go', the body machine would get this sorted pretty quickly.

And now my competitive instinct is all like "Shut up, stop thinking, we got this, where is this bike?!?!"

flat6bagger
05-22-2015, 07:05 AM
This would be what happened if I tried it:
Get on.
Fall.
Scream,"This is some straight up BS!"
End of story.:icon_lol:

stroguy
05-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Most of the people who tried to ride it were looking down at the tire at slow speeds...letting their eyes have an "input" into the process.
I reckon if they looked out 'where they wanted to go', the body machine would get this sorted pretty quickly.

Yep. Their slow starts and looking down watching handle bars go one way and tire the other. Get the eyes up and I think you would adapt quicker. I still would bust my azz a couple times but it could be had. Oh the evil things the idle mind of a welder can do!