PDA

View Full Version : Race weekend

jm21ddd15
05-21-2015, 10:43 PM
A.M.A. Superbike races May 29-31, at Elkart Lake, Wi, if your interested or in the area. Also, a AHRMA Vintage Cycle Race, on June 5-7. I'll be there. Maybe I can learn something watching the pros. I don't even try the stuff they do. I think I do the twistys fast, but those guys would laugh at me. :icon_redface:

JackB
05-22-2015, 06:30 AM
I will be there for the June race. The Rockerbox event will also be going that's a good time.
http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-tickets/vintage-motorcycle-classic-ahrma.html

flat6bagger
05-22-2015, 08:04 AM
It is 5 1/2 hours away from me,but may be doable in June.
I have a friend from Madison that races in the atv class the night before the vintage races.
I have a place to stay if I go.
I also used to ride up to Fon Du Lac for the annual "Soup Run" until the guy stopped doing it.
That consisted of ,riding up,eat soup/visit for a couple hours and ride back.
I miss that ride.

jm21ddd15
05-22-2015, 08:54 AM
It is 5 1/2 hours away from me,but may be doable in June.
I have a friend from Madison that races in the atv class the night before the vintage races.
I have a place to stay if I go.
I also used to ride up to Fon Du Lac for the annual "Soup Run" until the guy stopped doing it.
That consisted of ,riding up,eat soup/visit for a couple hours and ride back.
I miss that ride.

You get the soup from anyplace special? Like maybe some Lake Michigan soup w/fish? I used to watch the bike races every year. Been awhile now, so going this year for sure. I'm about 2 hr drive form Elkart lake, and about 3 1/2 form Lexington.