PDA

View Full Version : Obsession

Deer Slayer
05-22-2015, 08:45 PM
All the best machines have the third wheel in the back. Thanks to Jeff Michaels for the very fine P-51 Mustang.:cheers:14122

53driver
05-22-2015, 10:29 PM
All the best machines have the third wheel in the back.....

That's true - only if the front two are retractable!

stroguy
05-22-2015, 10:46 PM
I had the grand opportunity of wetting my pants after two Mustangs departed NE Philly airport right over my head. I had just arrived to Philly from Slidell LA to care for my dying mother. My brother and I were at a storage facility unloading my U-Haul when those two came over our heads at about 150'. Just an ungodly, menacing sound. Pure unrestrained muscle in that Merlin engine.

That's an awesome pic.

Deer Slayer
05-23-2015, 07:08 AM
I had the grand opportunity of wetting my pants after two Mustangs departed NE Philly airport right over my head. I had just arrived to Philly from Slidell LA to care for my dying mother. My brother and I were at a storage facility unloading my U-Haul when those two came over our heads at about 150'. Just an ungodly, menacing sound. Pure unrestrained muscle in that Merlin engine.

That's an awesome pic.

Everyone stops and looks when Obsession flys. One of my favorites.:cheers:

BubbaJePH
05-23-2015, 07:08 PM
I don't know. I get. To watch the F 22 Raptor play outside my. Window at work. Pretty awesome Fighter. Yes, the P51 Mustang is my favorite prop plane.it too is a beautiful aircraft.

bob109
05-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Had the opportunity to observe two A-10 Wart Hogs pass over my home! The distinct wail of those huge GE engines put chills down my spine:icon_biggrin: Low flying, high mobility with a engine signature like no other sure makes for a terrific air plane:icon_wink:

hiflyer
05-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Had the opportunity to observe two A-10 Wart Hogs pass over my home! The distinct wail of those huge GE engines put chills down my spine:icon_biggrin: Low flying, high mobility with a engine signature like no other sure makes for a terrific air plane:icon_wink:

The bad guys can hear it coming too! That's one tough airplane. They are currently retrofitting one to storm chase down here in tornado alley.

grendl
05-23-2015, 07:48 PM
I live close to the Buckley AFB in Aurora. I get to watch them (from a distance) do touch and go practice and take off and land most any day.
I have seen only one F22 and surprisingly only a couple of the wart hogs, but the other fighters are a regular vision. I always stop what I'm doing to watch them 'play' overhead.
What is really cool is to sit outside at night and watch them take off,get a little ways away and punch the afterburners in.Flash of light - Then GONE !!