PDA

View Full Version : My F6 Steals The Crowd @ The Springfield T.T. & Mile

Doug44
05-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Yep just like the title says I parked my bike at a big party outside the Springfield T.T. Track yesterday afternoon among many notable great bikes including GL1800, Several HD, BMW, etc and man oh live the attention was unbelievable. Not only the crowd I joined in with but passerby people. Lots of questions and tons of complements on my red F6b. Could it be the 6 is a late bloomer and just coming into its due respect and glory.

:lolup:

Btw if you are in central IL come on out today 5-24 Sunday for the running of the world famous and international known prestigious Springfield Mile where the best riders in the world will try and put their name in the history book including 3 time World Champ Troy Baylis from Australia
Opening ceremonies @ 1pm

valkhound
05-24-2015, 12:41 PM
You were parked right at the entrance. I parked about 50 foot east of you right at the barricades. Today at the mile I'm parked right across the street from the SW corner of the grandstand. I hope the rain stays away so they can get the race in. :yes:

flat6bagger
05-24-2015, 12:53 PM
You were parked right at the entrance. I parked about 50 foot east of you right at the barricades. Today at the mile I'm parked right across the street from the SW corner of the grandstand. I hope the rain stays away so they can get the race in. :yes:

I dont know how you guys can watch flat track races at Springfield.
That track is like watching paint dry.
I went for years and always felt like it was boring.
Now Peoria TT.
That is exciting!

shooter
05-24-2015, 12:55 PM
So Doug blocks the entrance to the event with his slow red B and then wonders why it attracts a lot of attention.:poke:

Doug44
05-24-2015, 07:48 PM
I dont know how you guys can watch flat track races at Springfield.
That track is like watching paint dry.
I went for years and always felt like it was boring.
Now Peoria TT.
That is exciting!

I guess the mile is an acquired taste all the Mile's are my favorite. I go to Peoria but am about done there sitting on the hillside with ants crawling up your legs inside your pants and 95 degrees down in that valley are beginning to get too much. I say every year it is my last who knows.

hiflyer
05-24-2015, 07:51 PM
I guess the mile is an acquired taste all the Mile's are my favorite. I go to Peoria but am about done there sitting on the hillside with ants crawling up your legs inside your pants and 95 degrees down in that valley are beginning to get too much. I say every year it is my last who knows.

Springfield is it when it comes to the "miles" My cousin is Ronnie Jones, if you've been around the races awhile, you probably remember him.

Doug44
05-24-2015, 07:52 PM
So Doug blocks the entrance to the event with his slow red B and then wonders why it attracts a lot of attention.:poke:

Now wait !! Everyone knows real F6b are red the other colors slipped out of Japan in a hidden cargo hole on a slow ole rusty freighter :stirthepot:

flat6bagger
05-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Doug,
I will have to show you the elevation blocks I make for the front of a folding chair.
I cut 4 x 4 block,drill a hole in the middle and use heavy duty, round, steel tent stakes.
You put the blocks under the front legs.
Put a tent stake through the hole in the chair leg base and through the block and stamp it into the ground.
Now you are in a chair,sitting level and the ants don't run up your leg.:icon_biggrin:

shooter
05-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Just kidding Doug. All the B's are good. The black ones are just a little faster.:catfight:

Doug44
05-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Springfield is it when it comes to the "miles" My cousin is Ronnie Jones, if you've been around the races awhile, you probably remember him.

Oh gosh yes I am glad Ronnie isn't running this year I was totally blind sided by his decision to come back last year. I was afraid Ronnie was going to get killed or seriously injured like some others in this sport who have tried it. I spent sometime with Ronnie and his beautiful wife at the Orr building at the Springfield State Fairgrounds last year I think it was when they had the event after the races to raise money for injured riders. Wonderful people Ronnie and all his family.