PDA

View Full Version : Neck Injections tomorrow

MichaelG
07-24-2013, 12:01 AM
I have been trying to fix a problem with the Foraminal space in my neck, caused by an incident in my shop 4 months ago. I have been through hell and high water dealing with this for those 4 months, with several different therapies, medications, x-rays, MRIs, etc.

It all comes down to the bottom like of needing to have Cervical Transforaminal Epidurals tomorrow, in the hospital, being injected while the doctor is watching all this under an x-ray...while he is injecting.

I have been through this before, with the EXACT incidence that caused this same injury...way back in 1994. Those cervical epidurals came out good, and the issue was resolved. Since then...several other cases of Lumbar Epidurals, Gangleon Blocks, etc.

This is one of those cases where they are serious that they want you to have someone else drive you to the hospital, and drive you back home, so...my wife, that is also a doctor,( Ph.D.) needs to take the day off from work, and drive me to and from.

I am a little concerned this time, despite having been through procedures like this before.:icon_frown:

bobbyf6b
07-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Best wishes to you! I hope all goes well.

Paul B Blues
07-24-2013, 03:53 AM
Hi Miles,

We never really forget how painful or uncomfortable a medical procedure is, so I do understand your concerns. In the long run I suppose it's for the best that you receive this treatment, after all what is the alternative. Maybe the fact that you can't go there yourself, get the treatment and come home under your won steam has something to do with it. If the treatment works then it will all be worth it, the last thing you want is for things to get worse and you start having mobility issues. That is something you don't want or need, trust me I know. All the best, and please let us know how you get on.

Paul B.....:yes:

Retired Army
07-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Best of wishes our prayers are for a successful out come keep us posted.

Dark Knight
07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I have been trying to fix a problem with the Foraminal space in my neck, caused by an incident in my shop 4 months ago. I have been through hell and high water dealing with this for those 4 months, with several different therapies, medications, x-rays, MRIs, etc.

It all comes down to the bottom like of needing to have Cervical Transforaminal Epidurals tomorrow, in the hospital, being injected while the doctor is watching all this under an x-ray...while he is injecting.

I have been through this before, with the EXACT incidence that caused this same injury...way back in 1994. Those cervical epidurals came out good, and the issue was resolved. Since then...several other cases of Lumbar Epidurals, Gangleon Blocks, etc.

This is one of those cases where they are serious that they want you to have someone else drive you to the hospital, and drive you back home, so...my wife, that is also a doctor,( Ph.D.) needs to take the day off from work, and drive me to and from.

I am a little concerned this time, despite having been through procedures like this before.:icon_frown:

Limbuck
07-25-2013, 08:32 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Miles. Now back to business: That leaves you about one month to get all fixed up. We look forward to seeing you in Franklin, NC.

micky_foccer
07-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Best wishes and Godspeed.

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery Miles!

BTW, your post includes many big word, are you a Doc too? :icon_wink:

As for
the EXACT incidence that caused this same injury...
Stop doing that! :nono:

MichaelG
07-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery Miles!

BTW, your post includes many big word, are you a Doc too? :icon_wink:

Greg, the answer is yes. And, the injections that occured yesterday, did not go well.:icon_frown:

Hornblower
07-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Greg, the answer is yes. And, the injections that occured yesterday, did not go well.:icon_frown:

What went wrong with the procedure? Is is now a matter of recovery or will you have to have further treatment? I'll add you to my prayer list.

MichaelG
07-26-2013, 08:08 AM
What went wrong with the procedure? Is is now a matter of recovery or will you have to have further treatment? I'll add you to my prayer list.

I have to have further procedures, and most likely surgery, which I was trying to avoid. :icon_frown:

Steve 0080
07-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I broke my back, T-7 and my neck in a gym accident.... I have had two surgeries on my neck…so far…..just part of it this was 10-08-08…….back to whatever normal means……..

Retired Army
07-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Some times aging gracefully is not as easy as it sounds.

Steve 0080
07-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Gowing old is not for the weak and timid.....and sometimes the golden years aint that golden....

Paul B Blues
07-26-2013, 02:01 PM
I have to have further procedures, and most likely surgery, which I was trying to avoid. :icon_frown:

Hey Miles,

Sorry to hear things didn't go well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for next time. All the very best.

Paul B.............:icon_cool: