PDA

View Full Version : Another F6B copy

JackB
05-25-2015, 06:41 AM
Someone post a BMW prototype that had the style of your F6B's. Now Motor Guzzi has one.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2015/2015-Moto-Guzzi-MGX-21-Prototype.htm#at_pco=wnm-1.0&at_si=5561365b45e3bab7&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Jimmytee
05-25-2015, 06:49 AM
I don't know about a F6B copy, but it's a trend with the "Bagger" style.

Those bags don't look like they'd have much room at all. :shrug:

Brian D
05-25-2015, 06:50 AM
I think the bmw looks good. The guzzi don't look too bad. I would take the blond in the black dress for a ride any day

jm21ddd15
05-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Ha, with all the negative "handling" that Harley got from a solid front wheel, you would think that no other manufacturer would make that same mistake. But , I guess Moto- Guzzi didn't learn that. Apparently, the other cycle companies, have been watching Hondas sales of F6B, Valks, and Full Wings, and are trying to get some of the action. :lolup: I don't think they will get much!

buda315
05-25-2015, 06:51 AM
Sorry Guzzi lovers!!! That is one ugly a$$ bike. No apologies.

Models are hot though...

To each is own, but damn...

Not sure about that one.

Face only a mother could love and a butt that makes Nicki Minaj, say damn that's a biggg a$$!!!

tozco
05-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Either you get Italian design or you don't. I love it.

flat6bagger
05-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Either you get Italian design or you don't. I love it.

This I agree with 100%

unsub
05-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Ha, with all the negative "handling" that Harley got from a solid front wheel, you would think that no other manufacturer would make that same mistake. But , I guess Moto- Guzzi didn't learn that. Apparently, the other cycle companies, have been watching Hondas sales of F6B, Valks, and Full Wings, and are trying to get some of the action. :lolup: I don't think they will get much!

Perhaps. I don't own a MG but I'd hazard a guess the difference might be that MG spends more time in the engineering process whereas HD concoctions are well - just that an assembly of metals, some chromed. It may work out for them. I usually like the MG stylings. Do I like the look of this model? Not really.
The BMW Bagger? Whooboy...they should continue working on their reputation and focus on manufacturing a bike that is reliable. It's interesting though the bagger style is being copied so widely.

flat6bagger
05-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Harley Davidson motorcycles are a technological turd compared to a Moto Guzzi.
Period.
Harley only knows one thing..Marketing.
No other manufacturer in motorcycle history, could BS the public into thinking they need to put money down on a motorcycle and wait on a list for two years.
And people like Lemmings fell for that crap.
Harley doesn't care about updating their motorcycles.
They don't have to.
People will flock in and spend crazy amounts of money for something that has been outdated for 50 years.
Go to any Harley dealer,anywhere,what do you really see before you?
CLOTHES and accessories,with a few bikes thrown in.
Sorry Harley lovers,but it is a fact.
Then again maybe I am wrong.
It has happened a few times before.:icon_lol:

grendl
05-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Gentlemen,We should all be flattered. First BWM and now Motto Guzzi are emulating us,the forerunners of this design.None yet as gorgeous as my F6B...
OF course I like it,it looks like mine ...kinda sorta....

Limoles
05-25-2015, 12:38 PM
To find most clever solution , each of us should have 7 bikes - one for different day of the week , but after riding all , jump on the F6B's saddle and find , what a real motorcycling is about .

unsub
05-25-2015, 04:40 PM
To find most clever solution , each of us should have 7 bikes - one for different day of the week , but after riding all , jump on the F6B's saddle and find , what a real motorcycling is about .

So what you're saying is that on the 7th day god created the F6B? Hmmm...I think you're onto something limoles. At least he did something right.:stirthepot:

DarkKnt
05-25-2015, 05:10 PM
Where the BMW has several original styling cues, and looks both new and classic at the same time, the 'Guzzi simply rehashes the retro bad boy look... It has to really, because as strong as the big twin is, no way it can compete with 6 cylinders, flat or otherwise. It's chasing a different audience for sure, but it does seem that the "bagger" style is catching on in general. Perhaps a few years down the road they'll be completely out of style, and people will chuckle at them the same way we do now with the ridiculous (unrideable) choppers from a few years ago?? Or will that only apply to the 10 foot tall adventure bikes with the steamer trunks bolted on...

Jimmytee
05-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Gentlemen,We should all be flattered. First BWM and now Motto Guzzi are emulating us,the forerunners of this design.None yet as gorgeous as my F6B...
OF course I like it,it looks like mine ...kinda sorta....

Why is everyone referring this as trying to copy or emulate the F6B? When I first got my F6B , I heard some Harley riders discussing my bike at a gas station and one guy claiming it was Honda's version of the Street Glide :icon_rolleyes:

It's cool. I'm a big fan of the F6B too, but with 13s and 14s still available for sale in the year 2015 ,why would they be trying to copy the F6B?

Old Ryder
05-25-2015, 05:17 PM
It looks to me like they are trying to copy Victory's Cross Country with the engine turned 90 degrees.

BIGLRY
05-25-2015, 06:08 PM
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2015/2015-Moto-Guzzi-MGX21-Prototype4-small.jpg
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2015/2015-Moto-Guzzi-MGX21-Prototype5-small.jpg

:icon_rolleyes: I guess...what ever floats yer boat, but not for me.:301:

flat6bagger
05-25-2015, 06:30 PM
Moto Guzzi engines

"The way the V was meant to be"

Doug

tozco
05-25-2015, 07:06 PM
What Jimmytee said. Also the Victory Vision 8 ball had F6b beat by a few years.

Limoles
05-25-2015, 07:20 PM
So what you're saying is that on the 7th day god created the F6B? Hmmm...I think you're onto something limoles. At least he did something right.:stirthepot:

Do you know , when I'm right , I always stick to my guns ? !!!
I know also , how to kill , not using them :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

okiedoc
05-25-2015, 07:30 PM
The writer of that article didn't say much about the motorcycle, but sure went on about the mystique of motorcycling, blah, blah, blah. I don't think I will be visiting a Motto Guzzi dealership anytime soon, but I like some things about the bike.

Brasco
05-25-2015, 08:53 PM
There's overwriting and then there's the MGX-21 prototype review by motorcyles.com. Ugh.

srt8-in-largo
05-25-2015, 11:00 PM
The beauty of the F6 over these late comers is the practicality side. Yes there's a *style* aspect but it remains a hardcore riding bike... all day, everyday... all year, every year.

The Beemer, the MG, and the Vision bagger are more style over substance IMO, whereas the F6 is substance with style.