PDA

View Full Version : Cracked BaggerShield :-(

tmac99
05-25-2015, 07:49 AM
I have the 11"/19" BaggerShield for my fast red F6B and really like it. Yesterday while changing from the 19" to the 11" mode, the bottom part of the shield cracked a little more half way across the screen. Has this happened to anyone else, or did I just get unlucky. Hopefully it will be covered under warranty. I messaged the BaggerShield folks, but as it's the weekend (and a holiday at that), I don't expect to hear back from them for a few days.

Steve 0080
05-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Thats a first !!!

srt8-in-largo
05-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Uh-oh

'popcorn and coke'

Amipro
05-26-2015, 07:12 AM
I can't quite tell from the pictures if the crack originated at one of the thumb screw holes or not. My brother has a Baggershield on his B. Probably something I should warn him about. Thanks for the heads up.

jm21ddd15
05-26-2015, 07:17 AM
I have the Baggershield "Sporty", 11" shield. No problem with mine, but I remember they do have a warranty/replacement policy. Just can't remember the details. I would give them a call.

tmac99
05-26-2015, 09:45 AM
I am happy to report the excellent customer service I received from Spencer at Baggershield. I received an email first thing this morning letting me know that there was a warranty replacement shield on its way to me. That is outstanding customer service. It's great to see vendors stand behind their product so well.

Hopefully it was a fluke occurrence, because I really do like my BaggerShield - being able to get both the protection of a full height shield and/or a shorty "wind in the face type shield" with the same shield really does make for a great shield.

AmiPro - the crack did not originate from either the lower mounting holes, or the upper top shield mounting holes. Given the lack of similar incidents with this shield (I can't find any other reports on any forums), I am guessing it was just a one-off unlucky occurrence.

valkmc
05-26-2015, 10:18 AM
I am happy to report the excellent customer service I received from Spencer at Baggershield. I received an email first thing this morning letting me know that there was a warranty replacement shield on its way to me. That is outstanding customer service. It's great to see vendors stand behind their product so well.

Hopefully it was a fluke occurrence, because I really do like my BaggerShield - being able to get both the protection of a full height shield and/or a shorty "wind in the face type shield" with the same shield really does make for a great shield.

AmiPro - the crack did not originate from either the lower mounting holes, or the upper top shield mounting holes. Given the lack of similar incidents with this shield (I can't find any other reports on any forums), I am guessing it was just a one-off unlucky occurrence.

Great to here about the customer service. I own a baggershield also.

Reedman71
05-26-2015, 10:23 AM
As a BaggerShield owner I am glad to hear that your experience was favorable. There is no better advertising for a company than a good review in a forum like this. Thanks for the post.

srt8-in-largo
05-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Good deal Tmac, thanks for the update and kudos to Baggershield for delivering!

opas ride
05-26-2015, 04:41 PM
I also have the Baggershield and am very happy with it and the way it looks and very effectively blocks the wind...Have no desire to try any other shield at this point...Glad they stood behind the cracking issue and thanks for the post letting us know how it went...Seems like a very "stand-up" company....Ride safe