PDA

View Full Version : THANKS

Brian D
05-25-2015, 08:18 AM
I just wanna say thanks to all the veterans on this board and all over the country. Your service is very much appreciated and will never be forgotten. Thank you

Hornblower
05-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Well said! +1 :icon_smflag:

flat6bagger
05-25-2015, 08:49 AM
No disrespect to any Veterans in the following statement.
I have total respect for all of you.
This holiday is often misunderstood as a day to give thanks to living Veterans.
Although they should be thanked every day(today being no exception),this day is not about them.
Their day is November 11th of every year.
Memorial Day is about memorializing/honoring all the soldiers that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
God bless all!

Doug

Steve 0080
05-25-2015, 08:52 AM
+1 :icon_smflag:

stroguy
05-25-2015, 09:25 AM
No disrespect to any Veterans in the following statement.
I have total respect for all of you.
Although they should be thanked every day(today being no exception),this day is not about them.
Memorial Day is about memorializing/honoring all the soldiers that gave the ultimate sacrifice.
God bless all!

Doug

No insult taken. You are 100% correct.

Check this dude out.

http://allenbwest.com/2014/08/incredibly-touching-saluting-boy-omaha-beach-video/

flat6bagger
05-25-2015, 10:53 AM

Check this dude out.

http://allenbwest.com/2014/08/incredibly-touching-saluting-boy-omaha-beach-video/

WOW..
What a video.

53driver
05-25-2015, 12:35 PM
God bless all!
Doug

Aye. 'Tis a national day of mourning.

jm21ddd15
05-25-2015, 12:46 PM

Check this dude out.

:yes: awesome video!

bigbird
05-25-2015, 03:43 PM
In Canada we remember our fallen soldiers on Nov. 11. It is called, very appropriately, Rembrance Day.

53driver
05-25-2015, 03:54 PM
In Canada we remember our fallen soldiers on Nov. 11. It is called, very appropriately, Rembrance Day.

11 Nov - That's our Veterans' Day.
10 Nov - USMC Birthday. <bark><woof>

Jimmytee
05-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Countless people since the beginning of man's walk on earth have made ultimate sacrifices for one cause or another.

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

Memorial Day is a day to remember and honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in service to the United States of America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

53driver
05-25-2015, 07:21 PM
...that American Freedom wasn't earned by Americans only.

That's fine. As Jimmytee wrote: "Countless people since the beginning of man's walk on earth have made ultimate sacrifices for one cause or another.
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."
Memorial Day is a day to remember and honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice in service to the United States of America."

And so we do. Regardless of their source nationality.

PS: Please keep the "passive-aggressive" rhetoric (like this comment "For those , who are capable to step out from their "micro world"") inside your head.
Makes people think negatively of your post and gives no credence to your argument, especially when you are agreeing with the previous post.

stroguy
05-25-2015, 08:27 PM
The thread was pointed at the American celebrated Memorial Day. Once again you expand past the post in an attempt to minimalize an American event.

I will expect posts from you on 11/11 and 5/9 and 5/3 and 4/24 and 4/25 and 5/11 and on and on for other memorial celebrations.

It just couldn't have been simpler than agreeing to the overwhelming truth that Americans have died as sentinels of peace and freedom and liberty around the world. And then maybe a simple addition of noting the others which all of us are truly already aware of.

But no, you have to drone on and on and on. Nobody will stop you from beginning your own celebration posts. Then we can simply ignore your thread.

Limoles
05-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Apparently you are not able to ignore my posts and that's what make you crazy . Since I found your limited knowledge about the world , I can see how some extension to it drives you bananas .

53driver
05-25-2015, 08:38 PM
I already found , what some people are thinking and how they respond , so my comment is dedicated to those , who didn't have courtesy of civil responds to many thoughts presented from my point of view . I do not need to follow main stream of popular thinking , which I mentioned many times before . I also found , how your posts can be aggressive and sometimes incorrect too , but decided not to share in public my thoughts in sake of avoiding unnecessary arguments . But some of yours are also interesting and subjected to analysis .

You actually do follow the mainstream of popular thinking - I do not.
Mainstream thinking these days IS a lot of what you have promulgated in many of your posts. Your kind are out to weaken America through political correctness and hurt feelings.

Being "passive-aggressive" is a psycho-analytical approach to attempting to win an argument by dismissing or deriding the other person from a perspective that has no meaning to the discussion at hand.

Yes, my posts can get aggressive, but I challenge you to find two that are "incorrect" - I might have been misinformed on one count.....
You have publicly called me a liar and I demand you prove it or rescind that comment.
24 hours...go!

Limoles
05-25-2015, 08:44 PM
I don't take anybodies orders , so you can unsuccessfully wait .
You called yourself lier . I found you only sometimes incorrect .

53driver
05-25-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't take anybodies orders , so you can unsuccessfully wait .
You called yourself lier . I found you only sometimes incorrect .

Calling out someone as incorrect IS calling them a liar.
Your English-Polish / Polish-English dictionary needs an update.

And yes you do take orders...you follow blindly the gentle, soft, orders of the liberal agenda and the Main Stream Media.

But, back to the matter at hand:
So, basically, you refuse to back up your accusation? You are not going to stand up for what you wrote?
Then you sir, are a fraud and less of a man than 10 minutes ago.
Put up, or shut up, mate.

stroguy
05-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Apparently you are not able to ignore my posts and that's what make you crazy . Since I found your limited knowledge about the world , I can see how some extension to it drives you bananas .

Lol. I just find it curious that you, the smartest man in the world, cannot identify yourself when you 'drop a turd' on someone else's thread. Free forum, free speech. Hope it never changes. Please don't compliment yourself as having the ability to drive me bananas. I have dealt with book smart nut jobs like you for many years. You will never have that luxury, that is reserved for my wife of 29 years. She is never going away till death do we part. You will have the same status, just zero respect from me.

Happy American Memorial Day!

shooter
05-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Limo since I ignore your posts I only get it through the other guys like 53 and Stro etc. My Dad had a saying for a-holes like you. If I could buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think your worth I would be a billionaire. Believe me you give yourself way too much credit. Ignorance is bliss.

53driver
05-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Limo since I ignore your posts I only get it through the other guys like 53 and Stro etc. My Dad had a saying for a-holes like you. If I could buy you for what you are worth and sell you for what you think your worth I would be a billionaire. Believe me you give yourself way too much credit. Ignorance is bliss.

Shooter, my sincerest apologies for disturbing your peace and quiet today.
1000 pardons.

shooter
05-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Its OK 53. This jerk is killing me. Its a shame we have to deal with people like him. Have a good evening brother.

srt8-in-largo
05-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Brian had a good post goin; I wanted to post my two cents but looks like it was closed.

It takes a BIG person to wear a service uniform; if you've never done so and you *think* you know what it's like, then you think you know more than you actually do.

To wear that uniform in the face of death takes an unfathomable courage that most of us can only imagine.

My hat is off and head bowed in remembrance. Thanks indeed.

Jimmytee
05-26-2015, 04:31 AM
:yes:

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Amen to this.
I have family members from past to present that were/are highly decorated soldiers.
I have seen the good and bad effects of war.
That being said,I still do not have the capacity to make any statements regarding anything that a soldier has experienced.
The events of my life prevented me from having the honor to serve.
I have a respect and a special love for these people.
The same as I love this country.
They are what keeps this country the greatest country in the world.
I enjoy my freedoms because of them.
I pray for every soldier no matter what capacity they served/serve and their families.
God bless them always.

On a side note,I was sickened that one person seems to be out for destruction every time he posts.
In my opinion he ruined what began as an honorable post that had turned into a very good discussion thread.

shooter
05-26-2015, 06:45 AM
He ruins everything he touches guys. The guy is evil to the core. Hang in there. Good will prevail. And yeah it was a good thread till he jumped in. George I never wore the uniform. Somehow with the family business and at a point in history that I wasn't really needed it wasn't a choice for me. I do however have the utmost respect for those that have. Carry on men.

stroguy
05-26-2015, 07:23 AM
It wasn't hard for me to join the military. I had a hero father that did a tour in Korea and 2 in Vietnam. I swallowed the treble hook of patriotism very deep in my throat. John Wayne, Audie Murphy, Ronald Reagan, Ted Williams, Chuck Yeager. These were my references to what makes America great. It was a no brainier for me to join and serve. It was a pleasure and I feel just as indebted to you that didn't serve to allow me that opportunity. You folks are the producers of this great nation. You provide the jobs, the economic tides that allow us to have a strong military. You job makers and workers are just as responsible for a great nation.

But there are some that have fooled themselves that they are intellectually superior. They are so wrapped up in the negatives that they have to tear apart what started out as good. Our resident fool is full bore hell bent on injecting negativity into any post that might make Americans feel proud. This is the agenda of today. If we can get people to hate America it makes it far easier to 'fundamentally reshape' this nation.

Thanks again for your gratitude and prayers to all that paid the ultimate price.

Fla_rider
05-26-2015, 08:00 AM
I knew when I was 12, I was going in the military. I never took a college SAT test in High school. Entered the Air Force about 6 months after graduating from High School. Served from 1976-1999. This weekend I rode with about 500 bikes to Bushnell National Cemetary in Florida. I payed my respects to those that paid the ultimate price, over 100,000 headstones mark their final resting place. As I waited there in the hot Florida sun a girl scout walked up and offered me a bottle of water. I asked her why she was out there and her reply was " my grandfather is buried in section 402 and this is the least I can do to honor those who gave us this country". As long as we remember and teach those that don't understand it's not National Bar-B-Q day the lost will not be for nothing.

53driver
05-26-2015, 09:01 PM
As I reflected on those who gave all, i wondered what their wish for us to be?
To spend one day a year, remembering them, is the very least we can do.
Having lost friends, classmates, and brothers & sisters in battle and in peacetime, I am saddened by their untimely departure.
They died for a cause they so believed in, so cared about, so loved.
We should honor them daily in our thoughts and actions; preserving what they knew to be true:
America IS the greatest country on the planet and she is worth dying for, that others may carry on.
For something so valuable, we can thank those who offer it to us, to care for it, to nurture it and bring it along.

I know many of the Marine friends I have lost, would want me to raise a glass high and not leave a drop, and repeat until I couldn't possibly do it again.
Then they would laugh.

On this day, let us be thankful for what we have. Not be envious for that which we don't have.
Let us come together as a grateful nation, recognizing the gifts we have been afforded through the blood and sacrifice of so many others just like us.
Slainte.

srt8-in-largo
05-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Well said Steve; agree.

stroguy
05-26-2015, 09:51 PM
On point Steve.

Monday was a holiday, but I still had to work. Shortly after 6:30AM we raised a fresh Stars and Stripes on our mast. It was 8 pulls to the top, then 4 down. Several young folks stood on the patio watching as myself, another AF vet and our young gun in the shop with no military background finished our work. As we walked in the building the patio gawkers asked why we did it that way. Young gun clued them in on how the flag was displayed on this day. My AF buddy looked at me and I at him with a bit of 'you tell em big dog'. He finished schooling them and we went on our way. After returning to our office I quizzed our young steed on how he knew that. He just looked at us and chirped.........'cmon man, you are looking at one bad ass Eagle Scout'. Shortly after noon I raised the flag to the top as the patio gawkers returned to verify our good deed was completed.

It's such a simple thing that pays some measure of respect for the lost guards.

shooter
05-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Nice post 53. Makes you want to stand up and salute somebody.

Phantom
05-27-2015, 12:06 AM
My hat goes off to all that have served, made sacrifices and paid with the ultimate price ... :icon_smflag:

Yesterday evening, regretfully the penalty box received a visitor for an undetermined amount of time.

I am a very patient, fair and tolerant person ... there comes a time when enough is enough.

This website is a brotherhood, as of late I have been extremely busy and off the website but have selected 4 great moderators to carry the torch while I am not here. The 4 moderators have graciously volunteered to keep the harmony and I am grateful.

Please feel free to send me a Private Message if you feel some one is out of line.

Please ride safe, Phantom :cheers:

Steve 0080
05-27-2015, 08:40 AM
I knew when I was 12, I was going in the military. I never took a college SAT test in High school. Entered the Air Force about 6 months after graduating from High School. Served from 1976-1999. This weekend I rode with about 500 bikes to Bushnell National Cemetary in Florida. I payed my respects to those that paid the ultimate price, over 100,000 headstones mark their final resting place. As I waited there in the hot Florida sun a girl scout walked up and offered me a bottle of water. I asked her why she was out there and her reply was " my grandfather is buried in section 402 and this is the least I can do to honor those who gave us this country". As long as we remember and teach those that don't understand it's not National Bar-B-Q day the lost will not be for nothing.

We buried my uncle there, 5 months ago, a highly decorated Korean War vet...also my favorite uncle !!! My father was inflicted with cancer during two tours of Vietnam and later died as a result. I, myself wore a policeman's uniform until retirement... NO ONE is more upset as to the way the original thread went...so be it. This Great Country can out live all that have tried to ruin her we can over come one sour polish emigrant.

bob109
05-27-2015, 09:17 AM

While in Florida this past winter I had the opportunity to visit the Bushnell National Cemetery. Several rider friends and I took a slow walk/ride along the manicured drive ways to observe the row upon row of Dress Right Dress placed head stones. It was a humbling and somber reminder of those who gave it all to assure us our freedoms and those of others. As adults and parents we have a obligation to our young to have them visit the sacred ground of out fallen heroes. They may get a better perspective of what Freedom really cost. A bowed head and silent prayer does wonders for the soul!

53driver
05-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Saw this for the first time just a few moments ago......
Trace Adkins' Arlington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOih0MHNmZU

53driver
05-27-2015, 08:44 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Chad.Warner68/videos/1629459670940/?fref=nf

No FB membership required....

This one moved me.

flat6bagger
05-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Extremely touching video.
God Bless!

Doug

Steve 0080
05-27-2015, 11:24 PM
Yes... I have had the honor of attending a few to many military funerals...Very sad but a very honorable way to serve!

Steve 0080
05-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Carry on.....

cosborn
05-28-2015, 01:47 AM
Thanks mate.

Chris

53driver
05-28-2015, 05:22 AM
The FB one got me...and got me good, as I have written that letter - more than once - and I have held that letter for others, with the promise to deliver it in person if necessary.