PDA

View Full Version : How to get USB/Thumb Drive to come on automatically at start-up?

rsj64
05-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Hoping someone can help me out here. On two different occasions my music on my thumb drive automatically came on when I started the bike. If I do not switch to radio or anything else it will do this every time I start-up. As soon as I switch to another mode or remove the thumb drive to add music it quits doing this and I have to manually select USB each time I start the bike. Is there a default setting for this or is it a random phenomenon. I always listen my thumb drive while riding and would prefer to have it come on automatically again. Can't find any info in the owners manual that would indicate that it is a "selectable" setting or option. PLEASE HELP!!

M61A1MECH
05-25-2015, 10:04 AM
No help with your question , but I will be monitoring for a solution, because my 2013 Goldwing standard , stays in AUX mode for the USB thumb drive, but I always have to push the AUX button one time to hear tunes
Hoping there is a solution.

53driver
05-25-2015, 12:25 PM
Never seen this written anywhere, but here is my experience and my hypothesis:

My experiences:
When the bike shuts down, it "knows it was in USB/iPod" mode.
If the iPOD/memstick stays connected during the "OFF" time, the bike will resume operations.
If the iPod/memstick is removed (with or without power applied - didn't seem to matter), the bike will start up in another mode.
Lastly, if the iPod/memstick is removed and replaced (with or without power) the bike will start up in a different mode.

My hypothesis:
if the connection remains, the bike knows that it can resume memstick or iPOd operations - whatever was there.
However, if the device was removed and then put back, the bike knows that whatever was there is now gone and the bike knows "something" is there now, but it cannot recognize it is the same memstick, or iPod (which it would treat differently) and therefore, power and re-selection must occur for the bike to "identify" the device on the USB port and then react accordingly.

My $0.02

grendl
05-25-2015, 12:39 PM
+1 Driver. I used a mem stick in mine until I finally got the Ipod with all the options and ALL my music. Havent disconnected it yet and dont need the radio..the Ipod has all my music on it....

srt8-in-largo
05-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Grendl, if you can put ALL your music on an iPod, you don't have enough music :icon_biggrin:

Old Ryder
05-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Grendl, if you can put ALL your music on an iPod, you don't have enough music :icon_biggrin:

I did a 1,000 mile weekend and got thru 197 of the 1377 songs on my Ipod. I was in the songs that start with the letter D.

srt8-in-largo
05-28-2015, 09:27 PM
I did a 1,000 mile weekend and got thru 197 of the 1377 songs on my Ipod. I was in the songs that start with the letter D.

I see what you did there. Now you have an excuse for another 1,000, or however many, miles to get through all the songs :icon_biggrin: