PDA

View Full Version : Question for ultimate seat owners

wildrooster
05-25-2015, 10:49 AM
I am in search for a better seat than stock. I tried the Corbin and that didn't end out too well. My question is since they only make two different seats the mid rider and King I am trying to find the one that will work for me. I am 5-8 with a 28 inseam the mid rider looks to push me forward while the king pushes me back. But nothing in between. Will the king be too much of a push back for someone my height

Steve 0080
05-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Short answer is yes.... go mid rider... they do have a return policy if needed !!!

wildrooster
05-25-2015, 11:28 AM
The whole reason I am asking eBay has three kings for sell for a several hundred off

FlaMike
05-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Mid Rider. I'm 5'8 and midrider is perfect. I believe King sets higher as well as farther back.

wildrooster
05-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Mid Rider. I'm 5'8 and midrider is perfect. I believe King sets higher as well as farther back.

Does it put your feet in a better position. And how's the long distance comfort of the seat

opas ride
05-25-2015, 01:14 PM
I am in search for a better seat than stock. I tried the Corbin and that didn't end out too well. My question is since they only make two different seats the mid rider and King I am trying to find the one that will work for me. I am 5-8 with a 28 inseam the mid rider looks to push me forward while the king pushes me back. But nothing in between. Will the king be too much of a push back for someone my height
With a 28 inseam and being 5"8" I would suggest you look at the Mustang seat instead..Ultimate is a nice seat but I am 5'9" with a 29" inseam and did not like the midrider Ultimate I sat on...Mustang works great for me......Your choice...

wildrooster
05-25-2015, 01:24 PM
I liked the way the Corbin pushed me back but it was way too hard

Hornblower
05-25-2015, 02:35 PM
For me, at 5'10" and 30" inseam, the MidRider is perfect!

wildrooster
05-25-2015, 02:56 PM
I may just have to hope and get lucky and find another rider that has a different seat and try it that way

Old Ryder
05-26-2015, 08:22 PM
The whole reason I am asking eBay has three kings for sell for a several hundred off

Not any more. I bought the King Rider. Watch for my Mustang Deluxe tuck and roll for sale here soon.

wildrooster
05-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Not any more. I bought the King Rider. Watch for my Mustang Deluxe tuck and roll for sale here soon.

You know just saying and all but PM me on the Mustang glad I could help

Old Ryder
05-26-2015, 09:13 PM
At 6'1" the stock OEM set pushed me too far forward. The Mustang set me back, but also set me lower which--- after a 1,000 mile weekend trip in the Smokies I discovered had way too much bend in my knees. So then I noticed the Ultimate King Rider. I had an Ultimate on my Victory Cross Roads and loved it.

wildrooster
05-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Coming from a harley it's the back and down I am looking for not to mention something that doesn't make me feel like I have been sitting in a plastic office chair all day. The Corbin just plain hurt it was way too hard while the stock seat is too soft but I do like the way my legs feel when I come to a stop with the stock seat

toy_collector
06-06-2015, 04:56 AM
Does anyone know if the luggage rack will work with the standard mid rider ultimate seat?

Old Ryder
06-06-2015, 07:07 AM
My MP3 rack fits fine with the King rider

Hornblower
06-06-2015, 07:39 AM
Does anyone know if the luggage rack will work with the standard mid rider ultimate seat?

Sure, I have the MP3 rack with my Mid Rider. Adding luggage racks should be no problem with this seat.

toy_collector
06-06-2015, 09:33 AM
Thanks.

BobR
06-06-2015, 11:15 PM

Yes it will. I was @ Ultimate in Ormond Beach yesterday and tried both the King and Midrider and I have the stock backrest and the luggage rack.

BobR
06-06-2015, 11:25 PM
I was over @ Ultimate in Ormond Beach yesterday and tried both the King and Midrider on my red '13 F6B. I am 6' tall but have a long torso and only a 30" inseam. The King was very comfortable as it moved me back a bit more that the stock seat, however, it also raised me up .5 to an inch and made me stand on my tip toes. I also tried the Midrider. It was better as far as height but it also moved me forward more and with my tall torso and long arms it was too far forward for me. Russell, the tech @ Ultimate was very accommodating and knowledgeable. The seats were very well crafted and the fit and finish looked superb. They had one with a large red stripe that looked beautiful on my red F6B and had a backrest to match.
I went over to the Corbin Store in Ormond about 3 weeks ago and they did not have one for me to try. They ordered one to be built which they said would take 4 weeks. I checked while I was over there yesterday and it was not in yet. I have had a lot of Corbin seats over the years. I am on my 119th bike. People say they are hard, my experience is that they are firm but fit my butt well. I put 11,000 miles on my Valkyrie last year alone and I am able to do 3-400 miles a day comfortably on that Corbin. I am anxious to try the Corbin out. I did install a MBL riser kit on my F6B that I got @ the Ultimate store yesterday. It seems to really help with my tall torso and long arms.

six2go
06-08-2015, 03:40 PM
I am in search for a better seat than stock. I tried the Corbin and that didn't end out too well. My question is since they only make two different seats the mid rider and King I am trying to find the one that will work for me. I am 5-8 with a 28 inseam the mid rider looks to push me forward while the king pushes me back. But nothing in between. Will the king be too much of a push back for someone my heightwildrooster, we are the same height & inseam and I am looking for a seat that is easier on the butt cheeks but has the same position on the bike. So far it looks like a RDL might be the only answer although I know from past experience that it will no doubt be a bit higher.

The quest continues:banghead:

wildrooster
06-08-2015, 04:40 PM
wildrooster, we are the same height & inseam and I am looking for a seat that is easier on the butt cheeks but has the same position on the bike. So far it looks like a RDL might be the only answer although I know from past experience that it will no doubt be a bit higher.

The quest continues:banghead:

I went with a Mustang and it works out great just took a four hour ride with one stop. It's a far cry from the Corbin that hurt like hell.

VP8
06-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Six2Go...I think you'd be happy with the Mustang seat as well. If your butt hurts on long trips, consider investing in an AirHawk or something similar.