PDA

View Full Version : Why is this one member allowed to stay?

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 06:21 AM
I have been on this forum for a short period of time compared to most.
I noticed in a short amount of time that 1 particular member is out to ruin every thread he posts on.
He pushes everyone's buttons,get's pleasure from it and is to the the point of being disrespectful of our Veterans.
My question is..Why is he still on this forum?
I do not understand.

Doug

shooter
05-26-2015, 06:48 AM
I think he is gone at least temporarily.

jm21ddd15
05-26-2015, 06:51 AM
I think he is gone at least temporarily.

Good riddance. I got him on ignore anyway. :yes:

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 06:58 AM
I saw this morning that the little green dot next to his name was still on.
I don't see anything indicating he is being gone.

Doug

shooter
05-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Don't know about the dot. Just what I heard from an anonymous source.

stroguy
05-26-2015, 07:25 AM
Nope I'm still here.

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 07:26 AM
Noooo..not you stroguy!
You are the entertainment.:icon_lol:

Doug

stroguy
05-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Haha, just some funnin. I love you guys.

I understand ignoring this guy but I think that becomes part of the problem. I think we turn our backs and ignore these dolts too often. Then they end up becoming President. I fire back at every ignorant post with just as much fervor. I know this is a simple motorcycle forum and probably should not contain the deep discussion that deflect from motorcycle talk. But, I cannot ignore people that are just that negative to issues that are so important to me.

Ride on my friends. September will be here soon and can't wait to meet some of you keyboards.

wjduke
05-26-2015, 08:52 AM
I have been on this forum for a short period of time compared to most.
I noticed in a short amount of time that 1 particular member is out to ruin every thread he posts on.
He pushes everyone's buttons,get's pleasure from it and is to the the point of being disrespectful of our Veterans.
My question is..Why is he still on this forum?
I do not understand.

Doug
Like someone said...go to settings and put the person on ignore. Ignore is your friend. None of their posts will show up unless you wish to read it.

DaWadd
05-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Cull the herd.:icon_mrgreen:

Airborne06
05-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Cull the herd.:icon_mrgreen:

I agree with that. But with one individual in particular, I'd like to do it in person.

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 09:33 AM
Like someone said...go to settings and put the person on ignore. Ignore is your friend. None of their posts will show up unless you wish to read it.

IGNORE is not the answer.
If everyone chooses ignore,he wins.
This kind of person thrives on disruption.
For instance,he ruined and got a thread closed that was about our Veterans.
This crosses the line as far as I am concerned.
Why should I have to choose ignore when I am not the problem.
I am supposed to miss out on a thread and read peoples responses because he is being an ahole.
Not just no,but hell no!
Read a thread when you have someone on ignore.
It totally disrupts the flow of the thread because it causes people to respond to his posts.
By only seeing one side ,this causes the thread to be confusing at times
I have been on numerous forums and I assure you that people that are obviously out to harm and destroy are banned.

wjduke
05-26-2015, 10:22 AM
IGNORE is not the answer.
If everyone chooses ignore,he wins.
This kind of person thrives on disruption.
For instance,he ruined and got a thread closed that was about our Veterans.
This crosses the line as far as I am concerned.
Why should I have to choose ignore when I am not the problem.
I am supposed to miss out on a thread and read peoples responses because he is being an ahole.
Not just no,but hell no!
Read a thread when you have someone on ignore.
It totally disrupts the flow of the thread because it causes people to respond to his posts.
By only seeing one side ,this causes the thread to be confusing at times
I have been on numerous forums and I assure you that people that are obviously out to harm and destroy are banned.
You don't ignore the thread, just their comments. Do as you please. You're all fired up for no reason. They get off on responses...If no one responds, they fade away.

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Re read the post I made that you highlighted.
Obviously you missed my whole point.
I know you dont ignore the thread.
Yes I am fired up and no it is not as simple as they go away when you dont reply.
I have been on several forums and no matter what, trolls do not go away until they are banned.
Period.

shooter
05-26-2015, 11:47 AM
I agree with that. But with one individual in particular, I'd like to do it in person.

Funny how you get to that point isn't it. For this prick I've been there for weeks.

shooter
05-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Duke I have to agree with F6B. I know on our other forum the trolls just wait to pounce. They disrupt the whole thread and nothing is ever done. Before long someone like myself gets all fired up and says the wrong thing. Then I'm in trouble. That's all trolls are good for. I think this guy is the worst example I have seen. He will destroy this forum if he can. He's worse than the Taliban.

shooter
05-26-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm not good in the pacifist role. I'd rather kick his azz and get back to business.

wjduke
05-26-2015, 12:23 PM
I used to argue, found that it's pointless...I just turn the page and move on. Just as it's time to move on from this! :yes:

shooter
05-26-2015, 12:28 PM
You're a good guy Wayne. Unfortunately I'm not. I don't even apologize for it.

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Regardless of what approach you choose to take,the fact remains that this ahole needs to go.

Doug

shooter
05-26-2015, 12:48 PM
I think we all can agree on that. Its not that his opinion is different. I mean to each his own. No , he wants to destroy our ideals. I'm telling you the guy is a communist.:cus::cus:

flat6bagger
05-26-2015, 01:13 PM
I know Wayne is more than likely correct at his approach,but I put up with people like this guy for 27 years in a maximum security prison.
I had to there.
I don't now that I am retired.
I have a zero tolerance to crap like this now.

Doug

RickJ
05-26-2015, 01:18 PM
He's worse than the Taliban.

He is exercising his right to free speech and to annoy people...we (through the moderators) might exercise our right to have a forum that represents as many or as few views as we are comfortable with. To call him worse than the Taliban, is to exaggerate his issue and effect and worse, make the Taliban less horrific- they cut heads off and kill people.

I'm a newby here, and don't mean to start up with you or other longtimers here, I just am sensitive to language inflation...this country has lost all sense of proportion and meaning in our words- I'd hate to see the good guys (you) go there too!.

edgeman55
05-26-2015, 01:32 PM
I used to argue, found that it's pointless...I just turn the page and move on. Just as it's time to move on from this! :yes:

Well said I too just don't get that another person's comments,thoughts or attitude gets under ones skin.Just ignore him and get on with your life.At my age with more time behind me then in front I don't let this petty stuff get to me anymore-Heck I won't talk to half my own family as I see them as jerks too-Life is short so look for what makes ya happy.If nothing does then man I feel sorry for ya.Ride safe all:039:

bigbird
05-26-2015, 01:46 PM
He is exercising his right to free speech and to annoy people...we (through the moderators) might exercise our right to have a forum that represents as many or as few views as we are comfortable with. To call him worse than the Taliban, is to exaggerate his issue and effect and worse, make the Taliban less horrific- they cut heads off and kill people.

+1
Is he worse than ISIS, or just Taliban? :stirthepot:

If he's not threatening you or your family personally, who cares?
I don't think Les is going to take down the Republic of the United Staes of America, or its constitution, no matter how hard he tries.

six2go
05-26-2015, 02:31 PM
WOW! I read this forum several times a day and I must have really missed something. I haven't a clue who is being discussed here. Oooops, maybe it's me, but I don't think I've ticked off anybody...........yet. :shhh:

shooter
05-26-2015, 02:54 PM
No its you six.:icon_biggrin:

shooter
05-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Rick if you and Edge like him then join up. I'm tired of him. As are most of the regulars in here. He has a negative agenda and I don't like it. If you do then have at it. You say he isn't as bad as the Taliban cause they cut heads off. This prick hates Americans and their way of life. He'd cut you if he could. You're welcome to your opinion as am I.

shooter
05-26-2015, 03:08 PM
+1
Is he worse than ISIS, or just Taliban? :stirthepot:

If he's not threatening you or your family personally, who cares?
I don't think Les is going to take down the Republic of the United Staes of America, or its constitution, no matter how hard he tries.

Shame he's not your neighbor Bird.

Vol1chuck
05-26-2015, 03:19 PM
It's funny, but, I can't, read HIS posts, because he USES, too many, commas, and YELLS a LOT, and it MAKES my head, hurt.

bigbird
05-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Shame he's not your neighbor Bird.

Wouldn't bother me in the least.
He seems like a very intelligent guy who is quite worldy.
And he rides an F6B, so he can't be all bad. :yes:

bigbird
05-26-2015, 03:22 PM
This prick hates Americans and their way of life. He'd cut you if he could.

What????
He is an American.
He makes his living from Americans in America.
I just don't see that.

stroguy
05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
My biggest issue is he is clueless to his arrogance to the fact the he is insulting to so many members. He takes his anti-American banter beyond ridiculous. If he would just take a big whiff of the urine around his feet he might figure out how many of us are pizzing on his feet. But clueless just wants to drone on and on. He is convinced he can change your mind. There must be a dictionary term for him.

I will move on.

I need a good rain jacket for summer riding.

stroguy
05-26-2015, 03:25 PM
What????
He is an American.
I just don't see that.

He's in the limo biz in a town with many foreigners. I'm sure he doesn't rely strictly on Americans.

RickJ
05-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Rick if you and Edge like him then join up. I'm tired of him. As are most of the regulars in here. He has a negative agenda and I don't like it. If you do then have at it. You say he isn't as bad as the Taliban cause they cut heads off. This prick hates Americans and their way of life. He'd cut you if he could. You're welcome to your opinion as am I.

Dude, don't assume you know my opinion of him...(not 100%sure who we are talking about, but it doesn't matter for what I said) If it's who I'm thinking I find his politics disgusting, ill-informed, kneejerk, annoying and dangerous. What does that have to do with anything I said about him, his post or calling him worse than the Taliban? Again, if it's who I think...he's an annoying lib. schmuck. let's not let him cause us to fight among ourselves.

shooter
05-26-2015, 03:37 PM
What????
He is an American.
I just don't see that.

Did he say he was American? I must have missed that. Just cause he lives here doesn't mean he is.

stroguy
05-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Dude, don't assume you know my opinion of him...(not 100%sure who we are talking about, but it doesn't matter for what I said) If it's who I'm thinking I find his politics disgusting, ill-informed, kneejerk, annoying and dangerous. What does that have to do with anything I said about him, his post or calling him worse than the Taliban? Again, if it's who I think...he's an annoying lib. schmuck. let's not let him cause us to fight among ourselves.

Roger dodger. On the nose.

stroguy
05-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Did he say he was American? I must have missed that. Just cause he lives here doesn't mean he is.

So true. I recall a quote of him complimenting osama bin laden as a good or smart business person. Woops, not many smart bizz guys are hunted down and finally double tapped by a SEAL. Paying any respect to the brain child to a mass murder tells me all I need to know. Curious if charley manson holds a place in his heart as well?

shooter
05-26-2015, 03:54 PM

Rick not trying to cause unrest. Have you ever listened to Rush Limbaugh? He is very extreme because the other side is so ridiculuosly extreme. Sometimes it takes extreme to get peoples attention. I do think that the guy is evil to the core. He has proven that he has contempt for our country. Pacifism doesn't work. Only for tree huggers. I'm on the offensive. I hope the admin runs him out of town. If you got caught in the crossfire , it felt like you were a sympathizer. It was a very patriotic thread that the a-hole ruined. You can't read it because its gone. Believe me when I say it was very un-American. If you read the thread and think his comments were OK then I got nothing.

bigbird
05-26-2015, 03:55 PM
not many smart bizz guys are hunted down and finally double tapped by a SEAL.

Seems that's not even the real story behind the demise of that terrorist.

Bill1584
05-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Seems that's not even the real story behind the demise of that terrorist.

That so? What is the real story?

shooter
05-26-2015, 04:09 PM
This should be good.

Fla_rider
05-26-2015, 04:16 PM
We've wasted enough post on this subject, let's move on. Moderator please close this thread.

Jimmytee
05-26-2015, 04:17 PM
I don't know the guy, but it sure is reassuring to find out that I was not the only one who noticed his posts come off as arrogant and condescending. :nono:

I don't know his political leanings, but it was offensive that he chose to interject his nonsense into a thread meant to acknowledge Memorial Day. As a combat veteran who has lost brothers and am actively involved in supporting veteran issues, Memorial Day is a somber day for me. To come into that thread the way he did, well I'll just leave it at that.:wrong: