PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speakers- Don't use these

Darkknight
07-24-2013, 04:46 AM
Well the 2.5 Inch Pyle speakers lasted 60 days and one blew.
I paid $40 for the set and they want $20 shipping to replace the blown unit, so I removed both.
I'm currently looking at some larger units (4"). Not sure if they will be amplified or not.
I like the mounts I made that come off the luggage rack mount points, but I keep thinking that a speaker mount that incorporates a slight backrest lift might be the way to go.... Just thinking out loud.
But I wanted to tell you guys that those (Pyle PMC30 I believe) speakers are NOT the way to go.

goldtahoe
07-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Well the 2.5 Inch Pyle speakers lasted 60 days and one blew.
I paid $40 for the set and they want $20 shipping to replace the blown unit, so I removed both.
I'm currently looking at some larger units (4"). Not sure if they will be amplified or not.
I like the mounts I made that come off the luggage rack mount points, but I keep thinking that a speaker mount that incorporates a slight backrest lift might be the way to go.... Just thinking out loud.
But I wanted to tell you guys that those (Pyle PMC30 I believe) speakers are NOT the way to go.

If you don't mind posting pics of your current configuration for rear speakers .. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Darkknight
07-24-2013, 09:03 AM
This was a nice Idea for just a little rear surround sound for the passenger. It didn't interfere with the passenger or the luggage rack being used. But the Pyle speakers didn't last.
I'm thinking of some black Rumble Road 4" handle bar speakers mounted similarly, But I don't really like the looks of that speaker. I think that some type of mount off the back rest ending up in a similar location might be the next set up for me. If I put a solid plate between the backrest and the mount, I could attach the speakers there and effectively raise the backrest at the same time. Or a quick and easy fix would be to just use the (3/8" steel flat stock) current mounts flipped 180 degrees would probably put those 4" speakers right where they needed to be. Then do I get amplified or not.... so many choices.

GiddyupF6B
07-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Kuryakyn makes a speaker in chrome that I believe is amplified. I will try to find what I am talking about. Some guys on M109's put them on the bars. It is the same shape as the ones you just had fail.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4152/Gloss-Black-Sound-of-Chrome

Expensive but they work well. I have seen them much cheaper than this, just to give you another option.