PDA

View Full Version : This is why people are fleeing the Northeast

taxfree4
05-27-2015, 03:01 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/24/judge-nixes-new-york-city-gun-permit-for-firearms-dealer/

“That claim is based upon pure speculation, which is unsupported by any evidence,” the judge said. All law is based on speculation that "if" something happens then the law is triggered, but not good enough to support the claim. You can't wear the same firearm you're selling, for protection, but you can sell the same firearm to wear for protection is basically what he's saying, this lawyer in a black dress. Is it any wonder why it is one of the only professions condemned by Christ Himself.

53driver
05-27-2015, 06:15 AM
That..and it gets too cold to ride for too long a period of time.

jm21ddd15
05-27-2015, 06:30 AM

I agree. Also, I can't see any enjoyment from riding the F6 or any cycle in the middle of NYC, or any major city. When I travel, I plan routes around those places, even if it adds another 100 miles or more.

Old Ryder
05-27-2015, 07:02 AM

I did my time working outside at a rock quarry in NH in 1973-1974. I have experienced a -78 chill factor. Have not been back since. While moving back driving a U Haul, we stopped at a rest/fuel stop on the Jersey Turnpike at midnight. We met another couple that took a wrong turn coming thru town at 5 o'clock and just found their way out. They were doing construction on 95 and detoured you thru the Cross Bronx Expressway as I remember. NYC is a wonderful place to visit for 1 day at a time--if you happen to have a brother in law from Queens that drives you around. he's dead now, so........I pray I never have to drive or ride thru there again.

wjduke
05-27-2015, 07:43 AM
I have a good central location, not far from the ocean, mountains, or cities, and the summers are decent for the most part. The reasons I would move south would be the winters, which I can't take anymore...taxes, which drain us bad...and the crime rate which is pretty bad too. This OP has nothing at all to do with it. I understand about gun rights and am for it all, but it isn't the reason most move away. Actually, I don't know anyone who has moved for that reason. I shot a gun once in my life, in basic training, and have absolutely no use for them otherwise. The larger the city, the harder it is to get a license to carry. Small towns around me are a lot more lenient. I have two close women friends with permits. The reason most people move are for better jobs and a lower cost of living. I might be one of them if things turn out a certain way.

shooter
05-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Alright Duke now I'm jealous. When the wife and I go out I'm the one that has to 'pack'. Do you realize how heavy a 45 is with 2 extra clips. No wonder my back is bad. And here you are , you have 2 female bodyguards. I'm doing something wrong.

wjduke
05-27-2015, 08:42 AM
Alright Duke now I'm jealous. When the wife and I go out I'm the one that has to 'pack'. Do you realize how heavy a 45 is with 2 extra clips. No wonder my back is bad. And here you are , you have 2 female bodyguards. I'm doing something wrong.
It's not quite like that, but you wouldn't toss either one out of bed for eating crackers! What do you do, prepare for war each time out? I thought it was dangerous where I live.

shooter
05-27-2015, 11:45 AM
No that's just my everyday carry. If I go to St Louis I usually carry 2 guns.

wjduke
05-27-2015, 11:57 AM
No that's just my everyday carry. If I go to St Louis I usually carry 2 guns.

It's a different lifestyle here...that's for sure.

ths61
05-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Sounds like they need a ruling similar to the "Peruta v. San Diego County" by the US 9th Court of Appeals.

In short, open carry has been made illegal, thus the remaining "good cause clause" for "May Issue" is unconstitutional because it denies the only remaining way to legally exercise the 2A. "Lawful self defense" in of itself should be sufficient.

flat6bagger
05-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Funny that someone else feels the need to carry 2 guns in St Louis as I do.
When I go to Chicago,I carry at least...Wait,I don't go to Chicago... for any reason.
Never mind.

Doug

flat6bagger
05-27-2015, 12:41 PM

Why do you carry two extra clips?
I don't think you are going to hang out and be in a fire fight are you?
If you can't kill them in 1 clip worth of bullets or get out of there by the end of one,you may have a problem.
Re loading and firefights are in movies, not common in the real world.
Well I guess in your world it may be that way.:icon_lol:
Doug

shooter
05-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Let me tell you something Doug. Number one I don't carry hi-cap magazines. These days its been a XDs in 45ACP. The mags only hold 5. So with 2 mags and the gun with mag I'm still only carrying 16. That's not a lot. And I don't like people putting limits on me. Its not like the movies where you shoot them one time and they fall over dead. You might have to shoot a crack head 3 or 4 times to keep him down. To each their own.

taxfree4
05-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Nobody retires, packs up and moves North. No word on the bike yet but I will keep you posted. Anyway sitting in the lobby of the VA today I strike up a conversation with an old vet sitting next to me. Turns out he's 97 years young, has a walker but gets around and was in the first wave at Normandy, the most humble person you ever wanted to meet.

flat6bagger
05-27-2015, 04:50 PM
Shooter,
calm down brother.
I was messing with you.
That is why there was a laughing smiley at the end.

Doug

taxfree4
05-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Picked up the bike today and observed the tire damage. It was a nail hole, with a piece still in the hole it made. $389.00 later it's all better.

Old Ryder
05-29-2015, 08:51 PM
Picked up the bike today and observed the tire damage. It was a nail hole, with a piece still in the hole it made. $389.00 later it's all better.

That is about 3 hours wages in the city--right???

hiflyer
05-29-2015, 09:18 PM

Keep an eye out on ebay, you can buy a brand new wheel with a brand new tire mounted up for 275.00. I've done it twice in the last 12 months.

edgeman55
05-29-2015, 11:26 PM

Wow looks like a pretty good size nail got ya-and ouch 389.00 for a rear tire.I assume they washed and waxed the rim too:shock:

taxfree4
05-30-2015, 06:03 AM
That is about 3 hours wages in the city--right???

Two hours (off the books) if you're hustling.

taxfree4
05-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Keep an eye out on ebay, you can buy a brand new wheel with a brand new tire mounted up for 275.00. I've done it twice in the last 12 months.

You hit that many nails? I will check that out, I have to say this is the first blowout in over 40 years of riding I've ever had so I consider myself lucky. Everything happens so fast yet you're in slow motion in a situation like this, that's the way it happened for me anyway.

taxfree4
05-30-2015, 06:25 AM
Wow looks like a pretty good size nail got ya-and ouch 389.00 for a rear tire.I assume they washed and waxed the rim too:shock:

I never let them wash the bike, I don't know what cheap soap, filthy sponges and towels they'll use on it. I take it home and give it a proper wash and wax.

hiflyer
05-30-2015, 07:30 AM
You hit that many nails?.

I ruined a tire, so I bought one. Wore that one out, bought another. So now I have a new OEM wheel and tire ready to go, a wheel with a car tire mounted, plus the one on the bike. At some point I may sell one of the wheels.

taxfree4
05-30-2015, 09:12 AM
I ruined a tire, so I bought one. Wore that one out, bought another. So now I have a new OEM wheel and tire ready to go, a wheel with a car tire mounted, plus the one on the bike. At some point I may sell one of the wheels.

That was just my weak attempt at being funny. Anyway, I checked ebay and nothing but I'll pop back now and then. It's a good idea to have a tire ready to roll.

shooter
05-30-2015, 09:24 AM
I have a rear wheel with a CT on it and a front with an OEM Stone on it for spares. Minimizes downtime.

taxfree4
05-31-2015, 01:00 AM
I have a rear wheel with a CT on it and a front with an OEM Stone on it for spares. Minimizes downtime.

As the Boy Scouts say, "Estote Parati".

choptop
05-31-2015, 06:44 AM
Let me tell you something Doug. Number one I don't carry hi-cap magazines. These days its been a XDs in 45ACP. The mags only hold 5. So with 2 mags and the gun with mag I'm still only carrying 16. That's not a lot. And I don't like people putting limits on me. Its not like the movies where you shoot them one time and they fall over dead. You might have to shoot a crack head 3 or 4 times to keep him down. To each their own.

Xds in 45 is also my choice for conceal/carry, have the campact in .45 also.

Davidk
06-01-2015, 12:32 AM
If you can't kill them in 1 clip worth of bullets or get out of there by the end of one,you may have a problem.

Isn't the time that you "may have a problem" the best time to have extra magazines?

FYI: Semi-auto pistols use magazines, not clips. And, you don't load bullets into clips or magazines, you load cartridges into them. Bullets are the projectiles.