PDA

View Full Version : Got the Helibars installed

Old Ryder
05-27-2015, 06:51 AM
It was not a peticularly hard job. I have had the dash apart a number of times with the J&M speakers, Rocky's Risers and LED turn signals. They say a Wing Mechanic takes about 3 hours, and it took me about 4 1/2 while I took numerous breaks, snacks, etc....I found that the Rocky's Risers did fine until I installed the Mustang seat. After being pushed back a few inches, they were not enough. I will say you can get some odd angles on these bars. I love the B, but I have spent a ton of cash trying to get it to fit my 6'1" frame. I think Honda makes their bikes for 5'7" 160 lb riders.

I now have to go get some DOT 4 brake fluid and will be ready to go after bleeding the brakes and clutch.

Steve 0080
05-27-2015, 08:26 AM
What no pic's...Fla Rider will be on you !!!!

srt8-in-largo
05-27-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm thinking about going this route, thanks for sharing.

Let us know how they do for ya, adn how the adjustment process goes for finding the sweetspot.

Old Ryder
05-27-2015, 02:20 PM
And my Ultimate King Rider seat comes tomorrow, so I get to start all over again!!!!!

Jimmytee
05-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Once you find where you want them, I believe you will love them. For me, I think the magic was in being able to change the grip angle as much as bringing them rearward.