PDA

View Full Version : my confession

tinknocker
05-27-2015, 06:02 PM
My confession is I use to ride with my wife as a passenger exclusively....then one day she got the bug ( I think it was more of a control thing) so I bought her a Suzuki boulevard.flash forward 5 years later I bought the b ...it is a standard so it doesn't have a backrest and she says she doesn't think she needs one( she rides pylon occasionally) well let me tell you after riding this bike a little while and loving the feeling of the power coming out of a curve or the feeling of smoking that Harley that wanted to see if he could ( he couldn't).....my confession is I would rather ride solo

Wmorgan2k
05-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Riding solo is a lot of fun. Riding two up can be a lot of fun too with the right passenger. I don't even know mine is back there when she rides. I can wail through the corners two up or solo and I really can't tell much of a difference. But to do that you really need a backrest for your pillion so you can wrench on the throttle when you want wthout fear of losing her off the back LOL.

53driver
05-27-2015, 07:00 PM
....you really need a backrest for your pillion so you can wrench on the throttle when you want without fear of losing her off the back LOL.

At Franklin, someone remind me to tell this story.....

jm21ddd15
05-27-2015, 09:43 PM
At Franklin, someone remind me to tell this story.....
I will. Must be a good one.

shooter
05-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Same here Morgan. Wifey never complains , never says I'm going too fast and hates it when a HD is in front of us. She can hold her water as long as I can and even buys lunch once in a while. All I have to do is flex my shoulders and I get a massage. I haven't seen the downside yet.

Steve 0080
05-27-2015, 11:03 PM
Same here Morgan. Wifey never complains , never says I'm going too fast and hates it when a HD is in front of us. She can hold her water as long as I can and even buys lunch once in a while. All I have to do is flex my shoulders and I get a massage. I haven't seen the downside yet.

+1

Old Ryder
05-28-2015, 01:20 PM
People ask me "Does your wife ride with you" and my standard answer is "That depends on how slow I am getting out of the garage". I would rather ride by myself, but having the best wife in the world that does not give me any grief about owning a bike and all the stupid money I throw at it (and not her)---kind of hard to complain when she wants a little wind in the face, too.

CheesyRider
05-28-2015, 02:16 PM
My wife has her own motorcycle and hasn't been on the back of mine for several years. I have been giving my now 14 year old son rides for the last couple years. But, now he weighs more than me and is almost as tall. It really isn't pleasant having a passenger that is bigger than me. At least that was true on my FJR1300. I haven't had him on my F6B yet. Maybe with the low center of gravity and having a passenger seat that isn't perched up so high will make it more pleasant.

53driver
05-28-2015, 06:03 PM
I will. Must be a good one.

Let's put it this way...the next major purchase was this::icon_redface:

..and as I recall? Quibbling about pricing was not an option.:shock: