PDA

View Full Version : Aero chrome $100 better looking than silver??

RickJ
05-27-2015, 08:30 PM
I'm 90% sure I'd like a set of the Aero pegs. Searching around here they seem to meet my need re: looks and function. I'm not particularly a chromeguy, but I like the look of the lower chrome strip that the pegs replace. Frankly almost 400 for a set of pegs is a little scary, but I have always preferred quality to bargain (both are nice but rarely at the same parties!)

Does the silver "work" as well, or is it likely that I'll wish I had gotten the chrome (I know- sort of unanswerable- but I'd appreciate even personal thoughts.)Anyone prefer the silver?

hiflyer
05-27-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm 90% sure I'd like a set of the Aero pegs. Searching around here they seem to meet my need re: looks and function. I'm not particularly a chromeguy, but I like the look of the lower chrome strip that the pegs replace. Frankly almost 400 for a set of pegs is a little scary, but I have always preferred quality to bargain (both are nice but rarely at the same parties!)

Does the silver "work" as well, or is it likely that I'll wish I had gotten the chrome (I know- sort of unanswerable- but I'd appreciate even personal thoughts.)Anyone prefer the silver?

The chrome look really good. I wished I had ordered those myself. They'll be worth that extra hundred everytime you walk off from the bike and take a look back.:icon_wink:

jm21ddd15
05-27-2015, 09:45 PM
The chrome look really good. I wished I had ordered those myself. They'll be worth that extra hundred everytime you walk off from the bike and take a look back.:icon_wink:

Sounds like someone has that "Cromeboner" thing going that I read about on another thread recently. :lolup:

shooter
05-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Rick I have the chrome and they are holding up great. I clean them every time I ride and after a year they still look great. Yeah they are pricey but if that's what you want.

hiflyer
05-27-2015, 10:21 PM
Sounds like someone has that "Cromeboner" thing going that I read about on another thread recently. :lolup:

The chrome set off the engine, with the black ones it just looks like a block of black metal. I'm not "that" into chrome but like a little.

Steve 0080
05-27-2015, 11:01 PM
QFC...all the way !!!!!!!

sabre85
05-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Not a chrome guy myself, but I got the chrome version and glad I did. Unless you're going for the all black look I think the chrome is worth it.
If you still have chrome pipes it gives the bike balance. I've already thrown more than a few bucks at my 6 so the 'C-note' didn't hurt that much. Chrome or no chrome, these pegs are the best.

RickJ
05-28-2015, 05:16 AM
Thanks...That was a big help- chrome it is.
and of course I'll go with a sponsoring vendor- VA - unless anyone has had problems with them?

Steve 0080
05-28-2015, 07:37 AM
No one has problems with our vendors...we vet them BEFORE they become OUR vendors !!!!!!

RickJ
05-28-2015, 10:32 AM
No one has problems with our vendors...we vet them BEFORE they become OUR vendors !!!!!!

Well said!

They also promptly responded to an email inquiry re: price AND the part is ordered!