PDA

View Full Version : SUPER SHARKSKINS

Steve 0080
07-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Just received my set of Super Sharkskins....WOW!!!! Very nice company to deal with, the owner, David L. Reppert even puts a small hand written note in with each package.

The directions are spot on and extensive including pics for those of us who don't need directions...They seem to be smaller in diameter that the Original Grip Puppies and don't " hold " water... very nice !

WWW.originalgripbuddies.com

Owner David J. Reppert Phone - 518-461-3003

email: infor@originalgripbuddies.com

ghostrider
07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Nice! Thanks Steve. I think that's exactly what I need.

Steve 0080
06-07-2015, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Steve 0080;6032]Just received my set of Super Sharkskins....WOW!!!! Very nice company to deal with, the owner, David L. Reppert even puts a small hand written note in with each package.

The directions are spot on and extensive including pics for those of us who don't need directions...They seem to be smaller in diameter that the Original Grip Puppies and don't " hold " water... very nice !

email: infor@originalgripbuddies.com[/QUOTE

Thought this might help some new guy's...

GiddyupF6B
06-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Just received my set of Super Sharkskins....WOW!!!! Very nice company to deal with, the owner, David L. Reppert even puts a small hand written note in with each package.

email: infor@originalgripbuddies.com

Hey Steve, do these have the seam or are they seamless and slip on? I didn't like the seam on the original buddies. If these are the slip on kind I'm sold.

Hornblower
06-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Hey Steve, do these have the seam or are they seamless and slip on? I didn't like the seam on the original buddies. If these are the slip on kind I'm sold.

If they're the ones in the link, they have seams. I had these on my Speed Triple and, like you, didn't like the seams either. Not that the seams are a deal breaker but I do prefer slip-on grip covers.

flat6bagger
06-07-2015, 07:10 PM
The seams would be the deal breaker for me.
I would somehow have a finger touch it one time and they would be off of there.
Seamless or without for me.

Doug

hiflyer
06-07-2015, 08:32 PM
I tried em, I prefer a good pair of gloves.

F6B1911
06-07-2015, 08:35 PM
The seams would be the deal breaker for me.
I would somehow have a finger touch it one time and they would be off of there.
Seamless or without for me.

Doug

I'm sure Steve0080 will post some PICs of the seam as soon as he gets a another roll of film for his camera.

srt8-in-largo
06-07-2015, 09:11 PM
What length are these?

Steve 0080
06-07-2015, 09:15 PM
http://originalbeemerbuddies.com/Installation_Guide.html

Yes they do have a seam...I am getting ready to order another pair...the ones on my F6 are worn down, I have a set on my bicycle also...actually went back to look at why I went this way...can't remember but I will buy another set there was something about the Grip Puppies I did not like???

flat6bagger
06-08-2015, 07:47 AM

I agree,but I put the grip puppies on because I could not find the exact gloves I wore out.
They were gel padded palmed gloves and were perfect.
I bought them at JC Whintney about 10 years ago.
When I was up there at the warehouse,they no longer had them.

Doug

bobbyf6b
06-08-2015, 08:08 AM
I have the same grip covers. There is a seam but to me it looks better than my Kury clamshell covers that won't click together. They are very grippy too.

hiflyer
06-08-2015, 08:34 AM
I agree,but I put the grip puppies on because I could not find the gloves I wore out.
They were padded palmed gloves and were perfect.
I bought them at JC Whintney about 10 years ago.
When I was up there at the warehouse,they no longer had them.

Doug

I used to buy a lot from JC Whitney, back in the day when they were about it. You can actually visit the place??

jm21ddd15
06-08-2015, 08:47 AM

:yes: I'm with you Hiflyer. I've got at least 8 pairs of gloves for different riding conditions. Grips on the bars don't help much, if you happen to hit the asphalt. :clap2:

flat6bagger
06-08-2015, 08:52 AM
I used to buy a lot from JC Whitney, back in the day when they were about it. You can actually visit the place??

Yes.
It is in Utica,il.
You go in and order from the catalogs.
They go get the items and bring it to you.