PDA

View Full Version : Spyder F3--Just About Did the Unthinkable!

TnHeath
05-29-2015, 12:38 AM
I came close to trading for one the other day. After riding one, I was impressed with the smooth ride, great handling, impressive engine (1,330cc), Porsche-like exhaust. Was really tempted. But how could I give up my trike with the great storage, audio system, awesome power...and just as easy to drive after I installed a rake kit? Just couldn't do it. But, having said this, I can see why someone could buy one.

Could you give this up?

fxdl2051
05-29-2015, 01:49 AM
Test rode one last week, they're pretty cool and handle better than the trikes and sidecars I've tried. That being said they're really noisy and the F3 isn't an open road ride for very long. Be a b-h to clean all that exposed body work in my part of the country. If I just wanted back road cruising I think this is the perfect So Cal beach bike and if I had an oil well or two, I'd probably get one. Meanwhile I'm still happy with the Honda. But they're fun for sure.

Steve 0080
05-29-2015, 10:44 AM
I rode one was not impressed... seemed like the old three wheelers to me... a lot of shoulder strenght to drive one...

Jhox
05-29-2015, 06:49 PM
I came close to trading for one the other day. After riding one, I was impressed with the smooth ride, great handling, impressive engine (1,330cc), Porsche-like exhaust. Was really tempted. But how could I give up my trike with the great storage, audio system, awesome power...and just as easy to drive after I installed a rake kit? Just couldn't do it. But, having said this, I can see why someone could buy one.

Could you give this up?

I like yours much more than a Spyder. :clap2:

CopperMike
05-30-2015, 09:26 PM
Can't imagine trading your trike for a spider. It looks really good. Even if it is the "slow" red color. :icon_razz::crackup:

coffee_weasle
05-30-2015, 10:50 PM
wow TnHeath, first time i have seen your trike, VERY VERY nice!

Spanky
05-31-2015, 09:00 AM
Hey, I met you in the lobby of mean city cycles. Glad you got it finished, Looks great. Cant imagine anyone trading for a spyder( sorry hornblower!)

53driver
05-31-2015, 09:33 AM
Hey, I met you in the lobby of mean city cycles. Glad you got it finished, Looks great. Cant imagine anyone trading for a spyder( sorry hornblower!)

Did Hornblower trade too? Missed that post.... I know he is good friends with Deerslayer, but really?

Hornblower
05-31-2015, 12:04 PM
That's news to me :yikes: Actually, Deerslayer talked me into going to look at Spyders and I was somewhat intrigued with the F3 but not enough to buy one. I don't see going that direction anytime soon.

six2go
05-31-2015, 05:55 PM
I think it's just the wanderlust in us that makes us look around at other rides. I traded in a Valkyrie and a 650 V-Strom for my F6. Of the two, I miss the V-Strom the most and am constantly reading tests and reports on the new mid size(650-800cc)ADV Bikes. I've only had the 6 for a year, but I can see myself going back to an ADV bike.

Old Ryder
06-01-2015, 08:05 AM
I rode one was not impressed... seemed like the old three wheelers to me... a lot of shoulder strenght to drive one...

Me too. A buddy rented one last year. I rode it for a half day in the mountains. The first 50 miles and I had a death grip on the darn thing. When I got comfortable, it was nothing special. If I had a health problem that kept me off 2 wheels, it would be an option---but as a last resort and not my first, second, or twenty-ith choice.

Deer Slayer
06-01-2015, 08:54 AM
I went with the RS-S Spyder for the ability to carve up crooked roads. The birthing position (forward controls) just would not work with two fusions and other back problems. When one arrives at the point where they must add a wheel the Spyder works well. I could have added 400 lb trike kit, but I did not care for the unsprung weight pounding. I miss two wheels (F6B) at times howeve still have a very big grin at 4000 miles plus point. This is a choise we all have to make. I hope this clears the water some what. Rock on F6B guys.:cheers::039:

Old Ryder
06-01-2015, 09:24 AM
I think it's just the wanderlust in us that makes us look around at other rides. I've only had the 6 for a year, but I can see myself going back to an ADV bike.

Soo true. I love the B, but my heart still jumps when I see a Triumph Thunderbird Storm or a Heritage EVO Springer. There is no end for the OCD stricken.