PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a F6B

DC1503
05-29-2015, 02:19 PM
First off, i'm new here. been lurking for a couple weeks, and i've Been going back and fourth between new 13's and new 15's, as well as used. Guess it's the time of year, but i'm not seeing the good deals in my area, that some of you have been able to get. i'm in eastern NC and no one wants to deal !

53driver
05-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the forums.....you'll get to know the names of some of the dealerships here that are good to go, as well as perhaps a member who is selling their scoot.

Keep checking in and around....as the '16s make their appearance, the used 13/14s may make an appearance as well.
Cheers!

opas ride
05-29-2015, 02:39 PM
First off, i'm new here. been lurking for a couple weeks, and i've Been going back and fourth between new 13's and new 15's, as well as used. Guess it's the time of year, but i'm not seeing the good deals in my area, that some of you have been able to get. i'm in eastern NC and no one wants to deal !
The only "good"deal is the one you make with the person/dealer your happy with...Too many of us spend way to much riding time looking around for a deal that is supposedly better than what someone else got.....If your ready to buy go for it and enjoy the summer riding a great F6B and spend less time looking to save a few bucks.....JMHO and ride safe!!

CheesyRider
05-29-2015, 02:54 PM
i'm in eastern NC and no one wants to deal !
Just buy out of state! Take a long weekend and get one at Russellville Honda. They'll even pick you up at the airport.

yardart
05-29-2015, 03:00 PM
I got a 2013 F6B deluxe from Schroaders in Hendersonville NC 5 may, and got 1800 miles on the road

Redlinez
05-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Call Sport Cycles in Rockingham and ask for Jerry. He has a brand new 13 F6B for $14999. No fees. Just tax, tags, title. Tell him Mike St.Clair sent you.

DC1503
05-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys ! Been reading over threads in this forum, a lot of good info here.
So far the best otd on a '15 deluxe is $19,320....

opas ride
05-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys ! Been reading over threads in this forum, a lot of good info here.
I would jump on that deal if your ready to go!!!....Good Luck

Redlinez
05-29-2015, 05:00 PM
He will beat that deal too.... ask me how I know.....

stroguy
05-29-2015, 05:50 PM
How do you know?

53driver
05-29-2015, 05:56 PM

How do you know?

Lol.

opas ride
05-29-2015, 06:07 PM

I'm asking???.....

JackB
05-29-2015, 06:12 PM

Ken's Sport in Wis will sell a deluxe for around $18,000.

Greg O
05-29-2015, 07:43 PM
I have been on this forum for about a week trying to get as much info as I can. I have had several bikes over the years. In my late teens and early twenties I ha had 2 Hondas and 2 Kawies, then in the early 90's I started to buy Harleys. I last road 4 years ago, an Electra Glide Classic. 5 years ago I had a double fusion in my lower back. I could only ride for about an hour without pain, even with a drivers back rest, the ride on the Harley was too harsh. After seeing the F6B, I am thinking I could ride this bike after what I have read here on this forum. This Honda sure seems like it is a lot of bang for the buck. I am now 55 and want get back in the saddle. Any input on ride quality would most be appreciated, although I think I know what the answers will be. Thanks in advance.

stroguy
05-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Welcome Greg O. Best thing would start a post of your own and detail what you are looking for in a bike. Then the flood of information will be overwhelming. I have only been on one better forum than this one, lxforums for the DCX LX crowd. These folks here are in depth bikeknowledgaists. And it ain't only the F6B. Equipment, riding experience, mods, where to buy. Simply amazing.

DC1503
05-29-2015, 08:14 PM

In NC ?

hiflyer
05-29-2015, 08:56 PM
I have been on this forum for about a week trying to get as much info as I can. I have had several bikes over the years. In my late teens and early twenties I ha had 2 Hondas and 2 Kawies, then in the early 90's I started to buy Harleys. I last road 4 years ago, an Electra Glide Classic. 5 years ago I had a double fusion in my lower back. I could only ride for about an hour without pain, even with a drivers back rest, the ride on the Harley was too harsh. After seeing the F6B, I am thinking I could ride this bike after what I have read here on this forum. This Honda sure seems like it is a lot of bang for the buck. I am now 55 and want get back in the saddle. Any input on ride quality would most be appreciated, although I think I know what the answers will be. Thanks in advance.

There are a bunch of us around here with bad backs. This works better for me than any other since my back surgery 20+ years ago.

Redlinez
05-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Yes, he's in Rockingham NC. Call him tomorrow if you're serious. He doesn't play any of the normal motorcycle dealer games. I'm sure there are dealers who offer better deals many states away though. I got a great deal on my 15 standard F6B, going tomorrow morning to pick it up. I didn't shop him against anyone as he blows all my local dealers away and I've bought 3 others since 99 and no one came close. I really like him and the other employees there, so no need for me to go anywhere else.

The Slamming Butcher
05-29-2015, 10:03 PM
I am thinking of selling mine...2013 red standard, excellent completely stock condition. 3800 miles.

$12,000. Let me know if you're interested.

Ericb445
05-29-2015, 11:12 PM
I was talking to a Honda salesman that I know the other day.
He had a guy wanting to trade is 2013 F6B standard with 6k on the clock, the dealer offered him 8 grand trade in on it:yikes:
He said the guy almost went for it... There are deals to be found out there.

Its crazy how bad the market has tanked on these awesome bikes.

Redlinez
05-30-2015, 05:56 AM
Ouch! Looks like I better not look back after today. That's worse than a car....

Jimmytee
05-30-2015, 06:16 AM
I was talking to a Honda salesman that I know the other day.
He had a guy wanting to trade is 2013 F6B standard with 6k on the clock, the dealer offered him 8 grand trade in on it:yikes:
He said the guy almost went for it... There are deals to be found out there.

Its crazy how bad the market has tanked on these awesome bikes.

Yeah, these bikes are not investments, so the only way to get your money out of them is in sheer fun factor. You got to ride ride ride them.:039:

That dealer is definitely low balling him, but when dealers still have brand new 13s they can get to sell, I wouldn't expect a whole lot more. Trade in values always suck.

opas ride
05-30-2015, 09:07 AM
It is a shame this great bike's retail/trade-in value has "tanked" so badly..In years past I always managed to get a fairly decent trade or sale when buying a new bike...It is apparently obvious that this bike is not selling anywhere like Honda had hoped, so the bottom fell out...As I am now 75 yrs old trading often is no longer of much interest to me, thank heavens, or I would really take a bath...Plan on keeping my 2013 Deluxe for a long while as with the custom paint, pipes, seat, windshield, and lots of other "chrome goodies" I got a lot of cash tied up and NO way would I sell it for what the prices are today......Besides I really love the thing and in my opinion there is nothing out there, as yet, I would consider riding.....Ride safe

DC1503
05-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Ouch! Looks like I better not look back after today. That's worse than a car....

Post some pics of your new bike today !

DC1503
05-30-2015, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=Ericb445;80595]I was talking to a Honda salesman that I know the other day.

That's an insult !

Hornblower
05-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Yeah, these bikes are not investments, so the only way to get your money out of them is in sheer fun factor. You got to ride ride ride them.:039:

You said that right, Jimmytee :agree: Worst experience with this truism for me was my Rocket III. After investing around 22K including accessories and go fast stuff, I wound up selling it after two years, in perfect, like-new, low mileage, condition for 11K. Ouch!

micksak
05-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. Just put a deposit on a new '15 Deluxe matte silver yesterday! Will be delivered next week. I'm in the Spokane area and did a lot of price research. Best price anywhere appears to Russellville AK. $17985 for a '15 deluxe. Not bad. Was considering it but decided to buy local for $19669 which is invoice less the current $500 Honda BB incentive. After calculating the cost of a flight to AK and a 2000 mile ride with hotels and such, not to mention the time, wear and tear on the machine from an exciting ride through Kansas, it just wasn't worth it to me. I almost never buy new, but I passed on a number of 2013 standards for cheap. Honda really shot themselves in the foot developing this bike. Bad R&D. Went overboard stripping down the wing. I mean who wants a bike like this without cruise control? Anyway, enough of that. I'm willing to pay a little more to have this badass space ship in my garage. Girlfriend loves the back seat. She's used to riding on a BMW RT. The new bagger will be added to my current stable of seven. Need to thin the herd I think. Anyone looking for a super clean VFR800? Ha!

53driver
05-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Welcome Mick. Enjoy your toy!

hiflyer
05-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. Just put a deposit on a new '15 Deluxe matte silver yesterday! Will be delivered next week. I'm in the Spokane area and did a lot of price research. Best price anywhere appears to Russellville AK. $17985 for a '15 deluxe. Not bad. Was considering it but decided to buy local for $19669 which is invoice less the current $500 Honda BB incentive. After calculating the cost of a flight to AK and a 2000 mile ride with hotels and such, not to mention the time, wear and tear on the machine from an exciting ride through Kansas, it just wasn't worth it to me. I almost never buy new, but I passed on a number of 2013 standards for cheap. Honda really shot themselves in the foot developing this bike. Bad R&D. Went overboard stripping down the wing. I mean who wants a bike like this without cruise control?

I want a bike like this without cruise control. Who wants a bike without a shiney paint job? If your worried about the wear and tear of a little old cross country trip thru Kansas, you don't know much about this bike. I think your whole thought process is wrong. Bad R&D? Dude......really?

micksak
05-30-2015, 12:38 PM
I want a bike like this without cruise control. Who wants a bike without a shiney paint job? If your worried about the wear and tear of a little old cross country trip thru Kansas, you don't know much about this bike. I think your whole thought process is wrong. Bad R&D? Dude......really?

Wow. First post and I get flamed. Thanks! In case you hadn't noticed, Honda has gotten scorched on this F6B project in spite of how great the bike is. The devil is in the details. There is a reason why almost every Honda dealer has at least one and in many cases multiple leftover 2013s, brand new, that they can't seem to give away. There is also a reason why they added cruise to the 2015 model. Think about it on your flat straight prairie rides and come visit me in the Pacific Northwest!

hiflyer
05-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Wow. First post and I get flamed. Thanks! In case you hadn't noticed, Honda has gotten scorched on this F6B project in spite of how great the bike is. The devil is in the details. There is a reason why almost every Honda dealer has at least one and in many cases multiple leftover 2013s, brand new, that they can't seem to give away. There is also a reason why they added cruise to the 2015 model. Think about it on your flat straight prairie rides and come visit me in the Pacific Northwest!

Hey mick.............nevermind

opas ride
05-30-2015, 12:59 PM
I am not going to agree or dis-agree with some of the above posts just to stay neutral, but this great bike is NOT selling anywhere as well as Honda thought it might and therefore it may be "doomed"...The Valkyrie is also just setting on showroom floors along with the GW and F6B...Ask yourself why???...Meanwhile, Harleys are selling, for the most part, for full retail, Victory and Indian bikes are selling well and getting decent prices.....I love my F6B and plan to keep it, but something tells me Ma Honda better get their act together as the GW is starting to be outdated, BMW and HD are introducing new Touring bikes, etc. and Polaris is moving forward with new Touring bikes...JMHO...

Jimmytee
05-30-2015, 01:17 PM

I wouldn't say you got flamed. For your first post you kind of invited someone to disagree with you. Come on now. :shrug:

You put out some very opinionated observations and you're going to get hurt that someone disagrees with you?

You put a deposit down on a 15 because of the cruise, then good for you. Congratulations. I don't think anyone here would argue that point.

The absence of cruise was not a deterrent for me. In your post you make a reference to "flat straight prairie rides" and make an invite to come visit you in the Pacific Northwest. Am I to assume you are saying you spend all your time on crooked roads? Just wondering, because that is exactly the reason I don't really feel a need for cruise control. It would very seldom be of use to me. Adding Cruise in the future may be what I do, but with my throttle Boss on the Kury grips, I never feel fatigued in my right hand.

Honda's lack of R&D? Don't know about that one. Did they make a tactical error in leaving off the cruise on the F6B? I'd say most here would agree with that.

The dealer where I bought mine, can't keep the 13 F6Bs in longer than 2 weeks. He sells them as fast as he brings them in. I know he seems to be an anomaly , but it is what it is.:icon_cool:

53driver
05-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't consider the F6B a "touring bike" - no trunk? No tour.
I don't need (or want) cruise control. (My truck doesn't have it either)
F6B's less than 1000 pounds so reverse isn't a requirement.
I don't particularly care for ABS either - I'm an "above average" rider.

Done over 1000 miles in a day on her, no hand fatigue, no ass fatigue.

She is a "heavy cruiser" as determined by Cycle World and lives up to that moniker quite readily.

Is Honda "taking a bath" on this? I haven't picked up my copy of Barron's or Forbes yet, but I haven't read anything to support or deny that statement.
I don't know how many 13s/14s are still out there, "new-in-box."
I know the F6C hasn't sold well, but again, how many are still awaiting to be sold?

The F6B is a niche bike. The poll of "Age of Owners" combined with the data from "What was your previous bike?" poll shows it very well.
The next poll would be "What was the Total Amount of your combined W2s last year?" to tell the story as well.

All y'all ride safely -be it with the "amber waves of grain" in Kansas or in the twisties in those "purple mountains majesty."

DC1503
05-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. Just put a deposit on a new '15 Deluxe matte silver yesterday! Will be delivered next week. I'm in the Spokane area and did a lot of price research. Best price anywhere appears to Russellville AK. $17985 for a '15 deluxe. Not bad. Was considering it but decided to buy local for $19669 which is invoice less the current $500 Honda BB incentive. After calculating the cost of a flight to AK and a 2000 mile ride with hotels and such, not to mention the time, wear and tear on the machine from an exciting ride through Kansas, it just wasn't worth it to me. I almost never buy new, but I passed on a number of 2013 standards for cheap. Honda really shot themselves in the foot developing this bike. Bad R&D. Went overboard stripping down the wing. I mean who wants a bike like this without cruise control? Anyway, enough of that. I'm willing to pay a little more to have this badass space ship in my garage. Girlfriend loves the back seat. She's used to riding on a BMW RT. The new bagger will be added to my current stable of seven. Need to thin the herd I think. Anyone looking for a super clean VFR800? Ha!

Welcome from another fng

53driver
05-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Welcome DC1503.

DC1503
05-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Welcome DC1503.

Thanks !

53driver
05-30-2015, 02:51 PM
Welcome DC1503.

Thanks !

Hey...wait a minute...I already welcomed you....I take that second one back! I might need it later today for the next fng. :icon_mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums.....you'll get to know the names of some of the dealerships here that are good to go, as well as perhaps a member who is selling their scoot.

Keep checking in and around....as the '16s make their appearance, the used 13/14s may make an appearance as well.
Cheers!

Redlinez
05-30-2015, 09:38 PM
I'll get some pics up tomorrow. While I was there, a guy from Savannah bought one of his two leftover 13's in black. Love my cruise control! Used it quite a few times today. First time ever on a motorcycle for me! Cruise that is. Had several people asking about it on the way back home!

DC1503
05-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Congrats !

Redlinez
05-31-2015, 08:37 PM
Pics posted!

Madmax
06-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Here is a left over 13 deluxe , bike was never preped has 1 mile on the bike ... Got lots of thumbs up hauling her home .

Redlinez
06-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Congrats!!!!! You're gonna love the torque if you haven't ridden one.

Madmax
06-02-2015, 06:48 AM
This my 5th wing and my 2nd F6B . I actually just sold a nice red deluxe to a user on here a few months ago and picked up a silver full wing .
I'm just amazed at how many small mom & pop dealers are out there , found this one tucked in a tiny dealer in Maryland .
Not as many black deluxe as red still out there but they are . I was going to convert the full wing to deluxe but sold off a few other bikes I was not using and bought this . 14332