View Full Version : CORBIN's NEW Smuggler and NEW Modular Seat on their website

Phantom
07-24-2013, 02:58 PM
:Saweeet smilie:

Take a look at this …. New Smuggler andNew Modular Seat

http://www.corbin.com/honda/hf6bsmug.shtml

goldtahoe
07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
I'd have to agree ... I do like the smuggler .. however I ride around too much "LOOKING" for passenger candidates and they gracefully hop on ... ... :2gwb921::2gwb921: ... LOL .. but I do like the seat though

(women only for your smart asses who might have something to say ... 2 wheels and 4 nuts will NEVER be me!!!)

Steve 0080
07-24-2013, 04:18 PM
2 wheels and 4 nuts will NEVER be me!!!)

Now that there was funny...I don't care what you think....

ghostrider
07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
See!! goldtahoe hasn't taken his passenger pegs off. He knows the possibilities!! :icon_wink:

Steve 0080
07-24-2013, 07:30 PM
Well i like the look as well...but I am confused...the seat is $1100...or just the cubby is $350.???? I assume the cubby would hide the rear part of the stock seat...and the whole thang is $1100 ..... May just ride up to Daytona if it will stop raining and see what the deal is.....

Pedro66
07-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Its $1100 with the single seat I really like the look but I love the stock seat I think its part of what make the bike feel different than the full Wing where I always feel I am being pushed forwards

I guess I would need to ride one to find out how much I need it if indeed I do need it

MNF6B
07-25-2013, 07:10 AM
I like the Smuggler setup!
I just may have to buy one for my bike. I hope the paint finish is not the same as Honda's.

woody
07-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I like the look. However I am a little concerned about lifting points to put the bike on the centre stand.

gray rider
07-25-2013, 09:37 PM
I agree with Woody's observation that your going to need a sky hook to get the bike onto the center stand. You've got to have something mighty strong to pull on, to loft one of these beasts onto the center stand.

BillyDaFinn
07-25-2013, 10:03 PM
I really like this seat/trunk setup. Gonna ride with the stock seat thru this season. Probably buy first of next year. I read on the "other" forum that it lowered the seat height to about 25". Spec on the corbin site says approximately 28", wonder what the real number is?

chipmaker
07-25-2013, 10:14 PM
I think that other guy had his cut down custom for him...

bobbyf6b
07-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Anyone figure out how to open the bags?

BillyDaFinn
07-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Anyone figure out how to open the bags?

I believe there are 2 levers in the trunk attached to the existing cables.

Dark Knight
07-26-2013, 08:18 AM
I use the metal bag guard to put mine on its stand. Those are still present from the pictures

I like the look. However I am a little concerned about lifting points to put the bike on the centre stand.

MSGT-R
07-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for posting Phantom, I just got home from work and back on line..

Guys, the handles have been removed, leaving the little pegs sticking up through the floor of the trunk. Corbin made a couple of extensions to slide over them so you can activate them with your thumb to release the bag lids.

As for center standing, my husband made a pair of wooden handles and a length of rope to loop around the rear crash guard so you have something to hold onto. It throws in the trunk when not in use.

The black bike in the photos is mine, and the seat has been cut down and narrowed about as far as you can take it. I can shift and get one foot down flat, or two on the very tips of my toes. I have a 26" inseam.

bobbyf6b
07-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting Phantom, I just got home from work and back on line..

Guys, the handles have been removed, leaving the little pegs sticking up through the floor of the trunk. Corbin made a couple of extensions to slide over them so you can activate them with your thumb to release the bag lids.

As for center standing, my husband made a pair of wooden handles and a length of rope to loop around the rear crash guard so you have something to hold onto. It throws in the trunk when not in use.

Not to be a downer, but now you have to use a key to unlock the trunk, and then another key to unlock the bags to open them.

The trunk looks AMAZING don't get me wrong, if I was a solo rider I would love to have one.

MSGT-R
07-26-2013, 11:53 PM
I understand, but so what? You don't have to lock the trunk everytime unless something is in there you don't want stolen. The key is small and doesn't add bulk to the ring.