PDA

View Full Version : Fork Braces

opas ride
05-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Last couple times I was riding in warmer/humid weather around here, I noticed/felt a slight "twitch", mostly at slower speeds, when the front forks hit a few "tar snakes" in the lousy roads in Michigan..Not real bad, but felt more when I was slightly turning or changing lanes on occasion....Wonder if the installation of a fork brace helps with this issue or maybe I am just imagining this. Usually run 40psi in front tire as this pressure seems to be okay....Did not notice this last year as I remember....Any advise appreciated.....

hiflyer
05-29-2015, 09:20 PM
Last couple times I was riding in warmer/humid weather around here, I noticed/felt a slight "twitch", mostly at slower speeds, when the front forks hit a few "tar snakes" in the lousy roads in Michigan..Not real bad, but felt more when I was slightly turning or changing lanes on occasion....Wonder if the installation of a fork brace helps with this issue or maybe I am just imagining this. Usually run 40psi in front tire as this pressure seems to be okay....Did not notice this last year as I remember....Any advise appreciated.....

opas, tar snakes can get ya fork brace or not. That said, I still think my bike rides better with one than without. I know others feel the same way.

bobbyf6b
05-29-2015, 10:10 PM
opas, tar snakes can get ya fork brace or not. That said, I still think my bike rides better with one than without. I know others feel the same way.

+1

bigbird
05-29-2015, 11:10 PM
My front end is more stable over potholes and bumps with a brace.
I can't speak for tar snakes.

cosborn
05-30-2015, 01:18 AM
I fitted a Kuryakyn Gen 2 chrome brace and i believe it helps to stabilise the front end, also looks good. I think it was a good add on.
Sorry for the quality of the pics and the fact that you have to lie down to see them, haven't found out how to turn the pics around.

Chris

Old Ryder
05-30-2015, 06:30 AM
Do they make a $200 difference is up for discussion, but yes it does track better. Got mine straight from Superbrace-----then found them for $35 less from Wingstuff figuring shipping costs.

Steve 0080
05-30-2015, 09:31 AM
They do help .....

P.S. Cosborn.... before uploading the pic's...click on edit and look for the dancing arrows or a arrow showing rotation ...get them in the attitude you want then paste...

cosborn
05-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Ta Steve, there will be no stopping me now.

Chris

:039:

Hornblower
05-30-2015, 03:38 PM
I figure anything to reduce front end flex has to be a good thing :yes:

fxdl2051
05-30-2015, 10:30 PM
I fitted a Kuryakyn Gen 2 chrome brace and i believe it helps to stabilise the front end, also looks good. I think it was a good add on.
Sorry for the quality of the pics and the fact that you have to lie down to see them, haven't found out how to turn the pics around.

Chris

Wow, it really handles those turns good (just kidding, but thanks for the pics).

opas ride
05-31-2015, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the responses and I appreciate all that helped with the question...For now, although, I think I will leave things alone as the bike handles and tracks great for the most part and at my ripe old age of 75, I am not very aggressive these days except in a straight line shot, especially if a HD is around!!...Just kidding....Ride safe

buda315
05-31-2015, 08:19 PM
I had some front end wobble over tracks and high speed bumps. More than I would have expected from the stout wing.

I installed a Superbrace.

Fit like a glove.

There is some debate over adjustable like Kuryakyn vs. the Superbrace.

I have no issue or concern with the brace.

I'd say it's an improvement and worthwhile. I don't notice it really, it seems like it should have been this rigid to begin with. I'd recommend the Superbrace and prefer the looks of it over the Kury brand.

shooter
06-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the responses and I appreciate all that helped with the question...For now, although, I think I will leave things alone as the bike handles and tracks great for the most part and at my ripe old age of 75, I am not very aggressive these days except in a straight line shot, especially if a HD is around!!...Just kidding....Ride safe

Opas at 75 it thrills me to know you still have the propensity to spank a HD. Ride on brother.

opas ride
06-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Thanks, and I think it must come from my old "drag racing" days back in the 50's and 60's...Good at my age to get the old adrenaline pumping once in while....Ride safe my friend......

vstar09
06-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Tar snakes and groved pavement dont bother me as much on the F6 as they did on the vtwins Ive owned......must be the fatter front tire or just more weight......?