PDA

View Full Version : Real Unhappy

seadog
06-01-2015, 06:49 AM
I am really unhappy with the rear rim on my F6B. It is like they forgot to finish the other side of the rim. It traps a whole lot of dust and debris and is an absolute pain in the azz to clean. Has anyone found a better rear rim for this bike that had the complete spokes instead of the half done ones.:no:

Fla_rider
06-01-2015, 07:28 AM
wow, never clean it!

vmaxed
06-01-2015, 07:51 AM
They've been like that scene 2001,if you have a center stand turn the wheel and run water thru it not that big of a deal :icon_wink:

Old Ryder
06-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Who looks at the back rim? :shrug: Very well hidden and unless you get down on your hands and knees for a peek, there is no way to tell how dirty or clean it is--- JMHO of course.

Steve 0080
06-01-2015, 08:41 AM
I am really unhappy with the rear rim on my F6B. It is like they forgot to finish the other side of the rim. It traps a whole lot of dust and debris and is an absolute pain in the azz to clean. Has anyone found a better rear rim for this bike that had the complete spokes instead of the half done ones.:no:

You seem to be un happy a lot with you F6....Just sayin.....

stevenolts
06-01-2015, 08:53 AM
How do you have time to look at the rear wheel while riding down the rode?

All I do is ride / I decided after seeing the scuffs and scratches when I picked my brand new bike up at the dealer to never look that close and just ride the bike. Sure I will wash it and throw a quick coat or two of Liquid Glass on it once a month but I prefer to ride the hell out of it and not worry.

I had a 68 Camaro that needed a paint job. I just stenciled "Road Warrior" on the dented door panel after I saw the movie and then drove the crap out of it. I never worried about how it looked when I was spitting gravel all over the place. I was out riding when others were polishing their cars or bikes. I drove that Camaro for 30 years with "Road Warrior" on the door panel. Everyone knew my car and loved the spirit behind it.

Bikes and cars are for riding around not polishing.
Steve

opas ride
06-01-2015, 09:02 AM
No big deal and I am 75 my friend...Put it on the center stand and use your leaf blower a couple of spurts and it works for me..On occasion I will clean out the entire rear wheel areas, but as said on above posts..Who really looks under there to check???....More important things to worry about in my opinion....Ride safe

valkmc
06-01-2015, 09:56 AM
I clean the rim every time I change the rear tire, oh wait I don't do that often anymore because I run a CT. Guess it will just have to get dirty. It's a spare rim anyway!!

bob109
06-01-2015, 10:18 AM

The rear wheel of the 6 is a "dust bucket"! There's no denying that. As others have stated the wheel is rather obscure and not as noticeable as other cycles and if you have a center stand you can access the spoke cavities for cleaning but you'll only have access to the bottom portion of the cavities as the brake rotor pretty much hides the remainder.

If you truly want to remedy what you perceive is a problem, you could fill the spoke cavities with "rigid foam sheeting inserts" and secure them in place with some black Silicon around the perimeter. That will take care of the cavities and should have minimum impact on wheel balancing. Use "Ride-On" tire sealer/balancer and you could eliminate any wheel weights. Just a thought:039:

stroguy
06-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Ever seen the black front wheels on a BEEMER? It's going to be alright.

RLatt
06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
You seem to be un happy a lot with you F6....Just sayin.....

+1.....I''ll bet mine is dirty too. Just passed 3100 miles, and cleaned it once. It was dirty the next day. It will get cleaned again the next time I ride in the rain.

srt8-in-largo
06-01-2015, 12:52 PM
I hear ya Seadog; the wheel does seem kinda chincy... but I guess it works and isn't really noticeable like mentioned.

seadog
06-01-2015, 01:11 PM
No big deal and I am 75 my friend...Put it on the center stand and use your leaf blower a couple of spurts and it works for me..On occasion I will clean out the entire rear wheel areas, but as said on above posts..Who really looks under there to check???....More important things to worry about in my opinion....Ride safe

That is the problem, I Do, my M109R Suzuki Boulevard I traded in on this, they said was the cleanest and nicest 8 year old bike they had ever taken in. There is a reason for that, I look at every thing and clean it to the nth degree when I find dirt and I am still not happy with the rear rim/.JMHO

jkelley
06-01-2015, 01:38 PM
That is the problem, I Do, my M109R Suzuki Boulevard I traded in on this, they said was the cleanest and nicest 8 year old bike they had ever taken in. There is a reason for that, I look at every thing and clean it to the nth degree when I find dirt and I am still not happy with the rear rim/.JMHO

My friend I used to clean and polish my CVO as you are saying. The main reason I got this one is that it cleans up with no major fuss.
I put it on a center stand, spray the rear wheel with S-100 and hose it off. Good nuff for me.

racer
06-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Sounds like you may need to clean it daily.

opas ride
06-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Seadog....I here ya my friend and can relate to your paranoia..Until I got into my middle 70's I was a clean "freak" on every bike I have ever owned...All of the bikes I have traded in over the years, never had to be detailed in any way before the dealer put it on the floor to sell...The Victory Vision I had for over 3 years, and traded on my F6B, did not have a mark, blemish, or dirt anywhere and like your dealer, my dealer said he had never seen a bike in showroom condition like mine in all the years he had been in business....I do agree the rear wheel is a dust collector, but the few times I have cleaned it, I spray a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water from a bottle, let it soak for a few minutes and wipe it out with a sponge...Works fine until it gets dirty again, real fast, so I am no longer going to worry about it and clean the thing when I want to lie down and do it...Otherwise my bike is spotless including underneath the pipes, motor , etc...I guess I am still a little "anal"???...Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble and occupied....Ride safe

stroguy
06-01-2015, 02:49 PM
There will be white glove inspections in Franklin.

srt8-in-largo
06-01-2015, 02:53 PM

Of who??

:crackup:

53driver
06-01-2015, 03:17 PM

...bugger that...

Old Ryder
06-01-2015, 03:42 PM

I don't think I can make it if there is going to be rubber glove inspections/exams. :duck:

shooter
06-01-2015, 03:50 PM
With Stro , you never know. It could be a white rubber glove.

unsub
06-01-2015, 03:57 PM

I know you said white, but my mind went to latex.:shock:

stroguy
06-01-2015, 05:13 PM
When the Microtel sues Phantom I will handle everything.

I will have extra white gloves if anyone needs one.

http://youtu.be/KLHFdduVDVg

53driver
06-01-2015, 05:20 PM
I will have extra white gloves if anyone needs one.

This Officer of Marines shall bring his own white gloves.

seadog
06-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you may need to clean it daily.

If it goes on a run it gets cleaned when it comes back. I might be crazy but that the way I operate and don't know any other way

seadog
06-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Seadog....I here ya my friend and can relate to your paranoia..Until I got into my middle 70's I was a clean "freak" on every bike I have ever owned...All of the bikes I have traded in over the years, never had to be detailed in any way before the dealer put it on the floor to sell...The Victory Vision I had for over 3 years, and traded on my F6B, did not have a mark, blemish, or dirt anywhere and like your dealer, my dealer said he had never seen a bike in showroom condition like mine in all the years he had been in business....I do agree the rear wheel is a dust collector, but the few times I have cleaned it, I spray a solution of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water from a bottle, let it soak for a few minutes and wipe it out with a sponge...Works fine until it gets dirty again, real fast, so I am no longer going to worry about it and clean the thing when I want to lie down and do it...Otherwise my bike is spotless including underneath the pipes, motor , etc...I guess I am still a little "anal"???...Oh well, it keeps me out of trouble and occupied....Ride safe

You get to our ages we aren't roaming the bars looking for women, Our old lady's want nothing to do with us. Drinking by yourself sucks, waking up on the floor got old long ago. Hey it just lawn care and vehicle maintenance. Its just I like clean and it definitely takes up your time and if extra effort is required I am always up to the task at hand.

KennyGLVTX
06-01-2015, 05:41 PM
If it goes on a run it gets cleaned when it comes back. I might be crazy but that the way I operate and don't know any other way
:biggthumpup: 'riding'

53driver
06-01-2015, 05:52 PM
You get to our ages we aren't roaming the bars looking for women,
Yup, just looking AT them without getting slapped is a fun game....

Our old lady's want nothing to do with us.
Mine still seems to like my bank account.....

Drinking by yourself sucks,
Sometimes in the hot tub, me and Johnnie Walker can solve a lot of problems without any estrogen intervention.

waking up on the floor got old long ago.
Never got the "x" in the block...always managed to make it to a bed. The ensuing laundry was less than pleasant....

Hey it just lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Oh carp, I hate lawn maintenance!

Its just I like clean and it definitely takes up your time and if extra effort is required I am always up to the task at hand.
"if you've got the time....we've got the beer....Miller beer...."

Seriously? Good on you. I truly wish I was that meticulous all the time.

stroguy
06-01-2015, 06:29 PM

Not crazy at all. My Charger was cleaner the day I sold than the day I bought it. Drove the wife nuts how meticulous I was with that car. My water bill is way down since her sale. Props to you.

Madmax
06-02-2015, 01:28 PM
1434114340I am one who over engineers everything and looks for the best buy for my buck , I yet to bend or break a cast wheel no matter how hard I rode a bike ... Crashing is another story .
I so do love my marchesini wheels on my 990 SMR KTM , wonderfull forged wheels a work of art but I'm content with my crappy one sided cast F6B wheels ... LOL
The Full wing wheels have a thicker cast wheel ...
No just kidding ... LOL But I am running a full wing wheel came with aluminum stem , new take off a wing for a 150 was a great buy , now I can run one and have a clean one .

fxdl2051
06-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Sure beats the goo encrusted rear sprocket/rim of a chain drive you have to admit.

unsub
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Sure beats the goo encrusted rear sprocket/rim of a chain drive you have to admit.

No truer words have been spoken in this forum.

srt8-in-largo
06-02-2015, 07:52 PM
1434114340I am one who over engineers everything and looks for the best buy for my buck , I yet to bend or break a cast wheel no matter how hard I rode a bike ... Crashing is another story .
I so do love my marchesini wheels on my 990 SMR KTM , wonderfull forged wheels a work of art but I'm content with my crappy one sided cast F6B wheels ... LOL
The Full wing wheels have a thicker cast wheel ...
No just kidding ... LOL But I am running a full wing wheel came with aluminum stem , new take off a wing for a 150 was a great buy , now I can run one and have a clean one .

Is that stem Honda OEM??

shooter
06-02-2015, 08:49 PM

You got that right. Chain lube that doesn't distribute itself from one end of the bike to the other hasn't been invented yet.

shooter
06-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Dog I'll tell you how I do it. I run it up on the lift. Put it on the center stand. Raise the lift till its just the right height for me sitting on my roller stool. Then I clean the wheel. About 5 minutes for the whole process.

Madmax
06-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Is that stem Honda OEM??

Yeah came on a take off wheel I picked up on ebay , its off a full wing , I had my buddy who owns a cycle shop mount up my darkside tire for me and he said it also has the presure tire monitor on it also .

srt8-in-largo
06-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Yeah came on a take off wheel I picked up on ebay , its off a full wing , I had my buddy who owns a cycle shop mount up my darkside tire for me and he said it also has the presure tire monitor on it also .

Oh ok, thanks. I'd remove that TPMS sensor; it's of no use to us and only adds weight to the wheel.

I like the Milton Industries S409 stems; I just put one on my front tire and it fits beautifully.

bikeng
06-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Rarely clean back wheels...rest of bikes are spotless. Own BMW, Harley, F6B