PDA

View Full Version : Sailor on motorcycle "run over" by cager...

53driver
06-01-2015, 08:13 AM
....but as we have mentioned, what happened beforehand?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/01/san-diego-road-rage-crash-kills-navy-man/

Is "driving erratically" another term for 'whitelining'?

Either way, no matter what happened, running him over after knocking him off the bike is uncalled for....

Sad day.

Old Ryder
06-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Of course she was not going to say "My daughter ran the motorist down because she was angry he was cutting thru traffic and she was at a standstill. Thos motorbikes should not even be on the road."

I saw a survey a while back that said while lane splitting in Cal was legal, 7% of drivers in cars would try to stop/prevent/harm them from doing it as they thought it was a meance and a danger.

okiedoc
06-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Reading some of the comments after the story shows the ignorance of some people, One said that the motorcyclist got what he deserved for driving that way. Take a breath people.

flat6bagger
06-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Of course she was not going to say "My daughter ran the motorist down because she was angry he was cutting thru traffic and she was at a standstill. Thos motorbikes should not even be on the road."

I saw a survey a while back that said while lane splitting in Cal was legal, 7% of drivers in cars would try to stop/prevent/harm them from doing it as they thought it was a meance and a danger.

I totally believe that survey.
A lot of people are 100% against motorcycles in the first place.
It would not take much to push those people over the edge.

Doug

bobbyf6b
06-01-2015, 12:53 PM
My wife showed me this article and told me this is why I shouldn't flip people off. I guess she's right. It's not worth getting run over by some soccer mom jacked up on Starbucks.

I could say the same thing about cars while I'm driving my big truck. They zig zag, cut me off and turn in front of me all day long. I can't say I've never thought about running one over, but that's not very professional.

I go out of my way to let bikes get by me but I guess I'm biased. As for the ignorant comments, I deal with those people while I'm riding too. I had an a-hole tailgater this morning. It's getting to where I don't know what to do. Slow down and it pisses them off more. Speed up and they chase, until I lose them in traffic, probably pissing off multiple other drivers.

stroguy
06-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Man that is sad. Is it so hard to understand that you are not a vigilante?