PDA

View Full Version : Yosimite Ride/Camping

Mastergunny
06-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for tent camping in Yosemite? I am planning to be in and around the park the weekend of 6 June. Coming up 395, through the park on 120 over to the Yosemite Village area. By Sunday planning to ride down the West side of the Sierra's to the "General's Highway" through the redwoods.

I take my tent, sleeping bag, and Kermit chair and Jet Boil for coffee. (no food due to bears). So it is fairly light packing and depending on concessions for meals.

53driver
06-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for tent camping in Yosemite? I am planning to be in and around the park the weekend of 6 June. Coming up 395, through the park on 120 over to the Yosemite Village area. By Sunday planning to ride down the West side of the Sierra's to the "General's Highway" through the redwoods.

I take my tent, sleeping bag, and Kermit chair and Jet Boil for coffee. (no food due to bears). So it is fairly light packing and depending on concessions for meals.

Well, the only thing I would add is something that starts with a .45

Mastergunny
06-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately I am licensed to carry in about 40 States and California is not one of them! My Kahr .40 may not be far away!

53driver
06-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately I am licensed to carry in about 40 States and California is not one of them! My Kahr .40 may not be far away!

Open carry? I don't know Cali Carry law.....

F6B1911
06-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Oh Man, does that bring back memories.
Back in the late 70's I was stationed at Alameda Naval Station, drove a 1977 Honda CB750, we'd go down and camp at the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir, drive through Yosemite, down to the General Sherman Tree, sometimes on to Death Valley.
I'm sure much of this has changed over the last 30+ years.

ghostrider
06-01-2015, 05:03 PM

Kermit chair for camping!? Am I missing out on something here? Like the frog? :shrug:

F6B1911
06-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Kermit chair for camping!? Am I missing out on something here? Like the frog? :shrug:

http://www.aerostich.com/the-kermit-chair.html

Ridlikhel
06-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Plenty of Zoo camping with picnic tables and a general store. Park the bike, pop the tent and take a hike.

ghostrider
06-02-2015, 06:57 AM
http://www.aerostich.com/the-kermit-chair.html

Ah! I see!! :icon_mrgreen: I was picturing something else.

valkmc
06-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Little town called Groveland to the West of the park on 120. I stayed in a campground there a few years back. Nice little town great bar on main street. I think it was about 20 miles from the park.