PDA

View Full Version : New AND improved F6B

Davidk
06-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Finally got back into biking after several years and bought a new, 2013. Put about 900 miles in the first 3 weeks

Added:
-Honda tall windshield
-Kuryakyn ISO grips w/Throttle Boss
-Kuryakyn large, driver floorboards with toe/heel shift
-Kuryakyn iPhone holder with USB power
-Corbin seat with backrests
-Battery Tender

Next up is a luggage rack.

How useful is a center stand? How difficult is it to get the bike up on it?

shooter
06-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Dave honestly if you aren't going to do your own work you won't miss it. The one thing non work related that its good for is cleaning the rear wheel and checking air pressure. You can buy a roller at Harbor Freight to drive the rear tire up on that allows you to rotate the rear tire while on the sidestand. Roller is about $25.

unsub
06-03-2015, 07:59 PM
How useful is a center stand? How difficult is it to get the bike up on it?

Welcome. Looks real nice.

Value for dollar the center stand is one of the most useful underrated accessories in my opinion. It allows for a comfortable secure position for routine maintenance and cleaning. It's fairly easy for the average person of average strength to get the bike up and down once you learn how to do it properly. I think there's a video somewhere on youtube that demonstrates it. It's easy enough that I don't think twice about using the center stand when refuelling.

ths61
06-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Welcome and congrats on your new bike.

+1 on the center stand for the reasons stated above, else your left side gets hard to access and cleaning the rims or adding air is more of a pain.

The center stand is also good for inspecting the condition of the tires and tread.

Davidk
06-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Thanks to the three of you. What about winter storage? Does it damage the tires to be on the side stand for few months?

ths61
06-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Thanks to the three of you. What about winter storage? Does it damage the tires to be on the side stand for few months?

I ride year round, so I will defer to others on storage and winterizing.

unsub
06-03-2015, 08:13 PM

I don't know enough about tires to have an opinion. Maybe a tire tech can chime in here. Demands on my time don't allow for much riding right now, so it's up on the center stand 8 months a year. I know, that's just sad....

stroguy
06-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Not another MO, I just got my shooter immunization.

Welcome, bike looks great. I was sold on a center stand for the rotation to check tire pressure. Is it worth it? Probably not but it came with the deluxe. There are some center stands on eBay minus some hardware so you may not spend retail for one. Putting the bike on the center stand is only intimidating the first time, then it's like picking your nose, you find the sweet spot almost instantly.

Wmorgan2k
06-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Looks great and man the Corbin seats for these look just fantastic, hard not to go buy one!

shooter
06-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Not another MO, I just got my shooter immunization.

Welcome, bike looks great. I was sold on a center stand for the rotation to check tire pressure. Is it worth it? Probably not but it came with the deluxe. There are some center stands on eBay minus some hardware so you may not spend retail for one. Putting the bike on the center stand is only intimidating the first time, then it's like picking your nose, you find the sweet spot almost instantly.

Stro , David has already been in my shop. Don't mess with a MO brother. I'll have to open a can of Sho-Me on you.

Steve 0080
06-03-2015, 09:30 PM
If you are running around with Shooter...you got all the help you need !!!

shooter
06-03-2015, 09:43 PM
They are radial tires David. It won't hurt them to sit in one spot for awhile.

Davidk
06-03-2015, 09:50 PM
If you are running around with Shooter...you got all the help you need !!!

Shooter helped me with my USB power cable install. I was nervous about removing the plastic without knowing how. He was a great help, has been a wealth of knowledge and I am very grateful. Fear the shooter!

Davidk
06-03-2015, 09:51 PM
They are radial tires David. It won't hurt them to sit in one spot for awhile.

Thanks Brian!

stroguy
06-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Shooter helped me with my USB power cable install. I was nervous about removing the plastic without knowing how. He was a great help, has been a source of wealth of knowledge and I am very grateful. Fear the shooter!

I guess he's alright. My salesman was just as proud to show me disassembly of the plastics and covers as he was at selling me the bike. I had to shut him down, very thorough. Glad you are getting some experienced hands and help.

Fla_rider
06-04-2015, 06:30 AM
I know I'm late on this response, but better late than never John! The center stand allows me to filler up more and allows me to clean the left side much better than on the side stand.

shooter
06-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Thanks Brian!

David you are certainly welcome. I like helping people. I would even help Stro. It might leave a bad taste in my mouth but I would help.:poke:

Old Ryder
06-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Since I installed the centerstand, I have not touched my bike jack at all. It is in the way and needs a new home.

baiao
06-04-2015, 08:24 PM
Call SHAWNEE HONDA
Shawnee OK 74804
Phone: (405) 273-1400 they do trike conversions and sell center stand take off for $50 plus shipping,
Watch you tube video on getting Goldwing on center stand .. very easy

FlyinF
06-04-2015, 08:42 PM
If you've ever had a flat out on the road you will know how valuable a center stand is. Its a royal pain in the arse to locate source of flat by yourself. With a center stand you can just rotate tire and search, and you can also rotate front tire with a little bit of muscle................I don't leave home without one.