PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Arkansas tomorrow

hiflyer
06-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Anybody going to be riding there this week-end?

ChubbyDodds
06-06-2015, 12:59 AM
My favorite place to ride but no chance of making it up there this weekend. Have a great ride!!!

hiflyer
06-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Left the house at 12:30 pm with plans to ride down into the mountains of southeastern Oklahoma, run the Talimena Drive over into Arkansas and spend the night somewhere. Got to the entrance of the drive to find that the road was closed. Pulled over to look at the map to figure out where to go and had 6 other bikers pull up to me to ask what the heck was going on, called and found out the road was closed due to rock slides, but there was another entrance about 30 miles from where we were. I said to heck with it and wound my way to I-40 and hightailed it home. 453 miles in 6hrs 50 minutes with 3 stops for fuel and water, and 1 stop to get a bite. Learned a few things today:

I don't like the looks of my T-Bag on the bike. It sets too tall for my taste.
The darkside Michelin did just fine in the twisties.
Girls with California plates drive extremely fast going down I-40, and make a great front door!
I should probably slow down........
Long sleeve white T-shirts and full face helmets are still the ticket when it's hot, as are mesh seat and backrest pads.
I may have to get me one them there GPS thingies.
My destination is still my garage.
I enjoy this machine more and more every time I ride it

jm21ddd15
06-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Left the house at 12:30 pm with plans to ride down into the mountains of southeastern Oklahoma, run the Talimena Drive over into Arkansas and spend the night somewhere. Got to the entrance of the drive to find that the road was closed. Pulled over to look at the map to figure out where to go and had 6 other bikers pull up to me to ask what the heck was going on, called and found out the road was closed due to rock slides, but there was another entrance about 30 miles from where we were. I said to heck with it and wound my way to I-40 and hightailed it home. 453 miles in 6hrs 50 minutes with 3 stops for fuel and water, and 1 stop to get a bite. Learned a few things today:

I don't like the looks of my T-Bag on the bike. It sets too tall for my taste.
The darkside Michelin did just fine in the twisties.
Girls with California plates drive extremely fast going down I-40, and make a great front door!
I should probably slow down........
Long sleeve white T-shirts and full face helmets are still the ticket when it's hot, as are mesh seat and backrest pads.
I may have to get me one them there GPS thingies.
My destination is still my garage.
I enjoy this machine more and more every time I ride it
I just returned from Arkansas, .friday night. I had only 1 detour, at the southern end of the Pig Trail ride, the road was closed due to the pavement being broken up from heavy rain/washout. was re- routed east on hwy 16, then south on21. Both those roads were great rides and full of their own twisties. I agree the mesh seat was spot on, as the temp in Russleville said 91 on the bank I rode by. I will go back again for sure! :biggthumpup: