PDA

View Full Version : Does center stand affect ground clearance?

Nibelunge
06-07-2015, 03:20 AM
Hi,

I think a center stand could be useful, just wondering if the bike will scratch even earlier with it.

OEM one or aftarmarket?

regards
Alex

bob109
06-07-2015, 05:41 AM
Hi,

I think a center stand could be useful, just wondering if the bike will scratch even earlier with it.

OEM one or aftarmarket?

regards
Alex

Designed by Mother Honda, the OEM Center Stand is "neatly tucked" between the frame rails. IMHO I doubt your going to "contact" the stand during any cornering maneuvers. My 6 was a Basic Model and one of my first purchases was the OEM Stand. Scored it on E-Bay for $25.00. Whenever my bike is in my garage it's on the center stand:039:

With almost 33K miles on my bike there's not as much as a scratch on the CS:icon_wink:

Hornblower
06-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Hi,

OEM one or aftarmarket?

regards
Alex

The OEM center stand MIGHT scrape but it would be after the pegs, crash bars, and exhaust. In other words, don't worry about it.

flat6bagger
06-07-2015, 06:39 AM
Ken is 100% correct.
If you hit the center stand someone will be telling you all about it while you are recovering in the hospital.
The parts Ken mentioned would have hit,you would have crashed and everyone you know would be wishing you a speedy recovery.
It is by far the best add on I have installed on my bike.
I bought a new OEM "take off" with all the hardware for $65.
That included shipping.
The convenience is worth every penny and then some.

Doug

jm21ddd15
06-07-2015, 09:51 AM
I agree with Flat6bagger. No way you are going to drag the center stand, and walk away in one piece. And it doesn't take much effort to raise the big bike up on the stand!

Sorcerer
06-07-2015, 10:15 AM
The Kury chrome side stand will hit and lift the rear tire. I'm working on grinding a hole in the right side front crash bar. The only scratchs on my center stand are from putting the bike on it.

shooter
06-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Yes it does Nine. Mist notably if you are loading it on a trailer or driving it on a rack. Other than that no problems.

FlyinF
06-07-2015, 10:56 AM
With things like speed bumps and certain drive ways my belly pan is first to hit.

leroysch
06-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Given the right speed....and a sufficiently defective roadway...the center stand will extend. My standard weekend loop has this combo. Don't know if it's hitting the road or what I'm hearing is the thwock as it retracts. Whatever it's doing, winds up being NBD.

XHarley
06-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Given the right speed....and a sufficiently defective roadway...the center stand will extend. My standard weekend loop has this combo. Don't know if it's hitting the road or what I'm hearing is the thwock as it retracts. Whatever it's doing, winds up being NBD.

I have also heard the center stand clunk as I have hit a bump in the roadway. It must just drop a little and then the spring brings it back and the noise is it hitting the rubber stopper.

Ride safe and watch out for potholes.

X