PDA

View Full Version : MBL Risers / Ultimate King Delux Seat Combo

BLACK DIAMOND
06-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi all. Today I just wanted to share this info.
I just installed the MBL risers yesterday and let me tell you, it was the best thing I could have done. Let me explain why.
First off, I have lower back problems and the riding position that these risers have allowed me to be in now is the best thing for me, but, it's not just the risers, it's a combination of the Ultimate seat as well.
My first purchase of the Ultimate mid rider seat was great! Very comfortable and well maid, but sat me to close for comfort and felt a bit cramped, so I returned it and got the King delux seat. I'm 5,11" with a 32 inseam and weigh about 250lbs. Now the king seat was just as comfortable and very well made, but this seat sat me back a extra 1" 1/2 roughly which is what I wanted.
I felt very comfortable at this distant, but now felt that I was reaching out to the handlebars and leaning forward too much that I couldn't even feel my backrest. So I'm thinking, i needed either some risers or Heli bars to bring those handlebars back to me and get me back up in a very relaxed and laid back position. I wanted to look into the Heli bars as a last resort cause the are a bit pricy for me right now.
So I looked into several risers and I found that the MBL risers had the most lift and pull back of them all. I just installed them yesterday and WOW!!! The results were awesome. I'm now in a sitting position well back from the dashboard. The handlebars now are at my reach without fully extending my arms and sit about 3/8" higher than stock. It pulled the bars back towards me about 1" 1/2.
I can now lay back into my backrest In a very comfortable position.
For those of you who have more or less my body measurements as myself, like to feel a little laid back in your seat and still be able to drive the bike with relaxed hands and arm position, this is the best, by far combo you can do. Oh, and did I mention, I only spent $80 bucks for these risers. Yes, the seat is a bit on the expensive side. You can do without out the seat if you really like the stock one, which I thought is pretty good, but I really needed a back rest and I didn't want to cut into my stock seat to put one on.
Hope this info helps out anyone looking for this same setup with my height, weight and inseam. Good luck. 😎👍🏽

six2go
06-07-2015, 11:49 AM
I have a question regarding this riser & seat combo. If the risers bring the bars up and back and the seat sits you higher and further back, aren't you in just about the same position as stock?

I have the MBL Risers with the stock seat, and I prefer the stock position of the bars. Contrary to your experience, I now am getting lower back pain whereas I didn't when everything was OEM. My risers are coming off this week so I'll be back to stock.

I would like to find a seat that is more comfortable for my butt that doesn't move me up,down,forward,or backward.

Glad you found the "sweet spot".

BLACK DIAMOND
06-07-2015, 02:17 PM
To answer your question, it's kinda yes and no. Reason is, first off, because the Ultimate seat sits you back more, my legs don't feel as cramed therefor not feeling like I'm always trying to move around and find that sweet spot. The stock seat I just could never get comfortable in one spot for to long before my back started killing me.
The Ultimate seat sits you more upright with its lower back support that's already built into the seat. When you add their backrest, it makes it a whole lot better cause the back rest not only covers more of your back in the upright position, but can ajust forward or backwards allowing some lean back/forward positioning to find that sweet spot. Yes the Ultimate seat sits you up a bit, and that's where the 3/8" lift of the risers come into play. It helps keep your arms in almost the stock position vs no risers and having my arms drag lower into the bike. That would have now probably start giving me pain in my shoulders or the middle of my shoulder blades.
The stock seat butt chalk has a slight angle to it. You either have to sit right on the edge of the but chalk to be able to sit upright, but then where your reaching for the bars and no back support at all. You could slide forward and lean back but now your holding you body weight using your arms & lower back muscles to keep that little lean position. It was bad for me. Hopefully this mad some sense.
All I know is that I did find this combo very affective for me and hopefully it can shed some light on others To help them with their back issues. 😊👍

six2go
06-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Good explanation Black Diamond. It makes sense with you being so tall. I'm only 5'8" so I don't have that crowded feeling that you tall guys have. I had an Ultimate Big Boy on my Valkyrie but hardly ever used the backrest. I just don't care for them. I came to the "6" from a V-Strom, so I'm kinda used to having a reach to the bars. Don't know why I bought the MLB's in the first place, but Oh Well.

Glad that you are comfortable and I'll continue my quest for a seat that puts me exactly where the stocker does, only less burn on the cheeks.

BLACK DIAMOND
06-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Thank you brotha! Well I hope you do find the combo your looking for. 👍🏽😎 good luck.

er.medic
06-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Did you have any problems with the brake lines and stuff when installing the new risers?

BobR
06-08-2015, 10:52 PM
I just put a set of the MBL risers on my 2013 F6B. All of the stock cables and brake lines will work. It really made my bike so much more comfortable. I am 6' tall but only a 30" inseam. With my tall torso it made a big difference.

Bert
06-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Adding The MBL Risers To My F6B Is The Best Thing That I Have Done So Far. I Have Back Problems In My Mid Back And The Stock Position Made My Back Ache Due To Leaning Forward In A "C' Position . I Am Waiting To Try Out A Corbin Seat To Decide Whether I Will Purchase The Ultimate King Or The Corbin, As I Have Already Tried The Ultimate Seat , Just Waiting On A Corbin To Come In Before I Make That Decision.

BLACK DIAMOND
06-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Yes, the cables all worked fine without any customizing anything. There is enough slack to acomidate the extra extension from the risers.
I am loving my ride now more and more each day. Can't believe how much it helped my back out and how comfortable my riding position is now. Love it!!! 👍🏽👍🏽

gmorstad
06-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Hi all. Today I just wanted to share this info.
I just installed the MBL risers yesterday and let me tell you, it was the best thing I could have done. Let me explain why.
First off, I have lower back problems and the riding position that these risers have allowed me to be in now is the best thing for me, but, it's not just the risers, it's a combination of the Ultimate seat as well.
My first purchase of the Ultimate mid rider seat was great! Very comfortable and well maid, but sat me to close for comfort and felt a bit cramped, so I returned it and got the King delux seat. I'm 5,11" with a 32 inseam and weigh about 250lbs. Now the king seat was just as comfortable and very well made, but this seat sat me back a extra 1" 1/2 roughly which is what I wanted.
I felt very comfortable at this distant, but now felt that I was reaching out to the handlebars and leaning forward too much that I couldn't even feel my backrest. So I'm thinking, i needed either some risers or Heli bars to bring those handlebars back to me and get me back up in a very relaxed and laid back position. I wanted to look into the Heli bars as a last resort cause the are a bit pricy for me right now.
So I looked into several risers and I found that the MBL risers had the most lift and pull back of them all. I just installed them yesterday and WOW!!! The results were awesome. I'm now in a sitting position well back from the dashboard. The handlebars now are at my reach without fully extending my arms and sit about 3/8" higher than stock. It pulled the bars back towards me about 1" 1/2.
I can now lay back into my backrest In a very comfortable position.
For those of you who have more or less my body measurements as myself, like to feel a little laid back in your seat and still be able to drive the bike with relaxed hands and arm position, this is the best, by far combo you can do. Oh, and did I mention, I only spent $80 bucks for these risers. Yes, the seat is a bit on the expensive side. You can do without out the seat if you really like the stock one, which I thought is pretty good, but I really needed a back rest and I didn't want to cut into my stock seat to put one on.
Hope this info helps out anyone looking for this same setup with my height, weight and inseam. Good luck. 

Great information as I am struggling to get comfortable at 6'1" and 240 with a tall torso. Would love to see photos

toy_collector
06-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know how the MBL risers compare to Kury risers?

srt8-in-largo
06-13-2015, 08:59 PM
I really like the MBL's. With the OEM seat, I find the postioning to be great for calisthenics.

All cables and wires have enough slack... but the protective grommets need to be moved.

BLACK DIAMOND
06-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know how the MBL risers compare to Kury risers?

I believe the Kurys just give your handlebars lift, not any pull back position.

ths61
06-15-2015, 11:51 AM
I believe the Kurys just give your handlebars lift, not any pull back position.

Here are the 3 options from the Kury installation manual:

- 2.25" back, 1" higher and 2" narrower
- 0.25" down (no setback, stock width)
- 0.75" up (no setback, stock width)

Kury Install PDF (https://maggroup.blob.core.windows.net/kuryakyn/7438-21GL-0314.pdf)

BLACK DIAMOND
06-15-2015, 12:14 PM
Good to know and great info for others with the same questions. Thanks for posting that up. 👍🏽😎