PDA

View Full Version : Travel Luggage Help

Stick
06-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Need some long-distance luggage. After much on-line exploration, bought the Saddleman SDP2600 Roller Bag. Loved the bag but returned it as it would not fit that wide F6B passenger backrest and with those wheels on the bottom, just would not snug down. Have tried two roller bags now and same problem with both, so I guess I forget that idea. Anyone had good luck with rear seat or rear rack luggage you could put me on to?? Thanks for any input!
Stick

53driver
06-08-2015, 07:50 PM
MP3 rack and Kury Gran Traveler bag (with wheels).
It is slightly offset to the left of the bike to avoid the antenna.

On the rear seat is a T-Bag that actually works quite well with the low backrest.

shooter
06-08-2015, 08:25 PM
I've been looking at the new kury xkursion 5.0 roller bag. It looks just right for my showchrome rack. It has wheels and a rain cover. Kind of pricey but if it works that's OK.

dcc58
06-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Need some long-distance luggage. After much on-line exploration, bought the Saddleman SDP2600 Roller Bag. Loved the bag but returned it as it would not fit that wide F6B passenger backrest and with those wheels on the bottom, just would not snug down. Have tried two roller bags now and same problem with both, so I guess I forget that idea. Anyone had good luck with rear seat or rear rack luggage you could put me on to?? Thanks for any input!
Stick
ordered Nelson Rigg GWR 1200 Deluxe Rear Pack Bag to put on chrome back rack getting it soon ;

bobbyf6b
06-08-2015, 11:54 PM
I just ordered an XL bag from Biker's Friend. Should fit the rack nicely. www.bikersfriend.com

Stick
06-13-2015, 06:52 PM
MP3 rack and Kury Gran Traveler bag (with wheels).
It is slightly offset to the left of the bike to avoid the antenna.

On the rear seat is a T-Bag that actually works quite well with the low backrest.

Thanks for the input. Which T-Bag is that you have on the back? They have a new upright bag out that looks interesting.
Thanks!
Sam

Stick
06-13-2015, 06:55 PM
I've been looking at the new kury xkursion 5.0 roller bag. It looks just right for my showchrome rack. It has wheels and a rain cover. Kind of pricey but if it works that's OK.

Saw that XKursion bag. Looks real good but I'm burned out on trying to make roller bags work. If you get it, sure would like to know how you like it.
Thanks for the input!

53driver
06-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the input. Which T-Bag is that you have on the back? They have a new upright bag out that looks interesting.
Thanks!
Sam

Uh..it's the one I bought from a friend. I'll go look for a number or some other marking.
Pretty sure it's part of a "system" of bags.
The main bag has a center compartment, two sides pouch and a front pouch ( = lumbar support)
Then the "depth charge" (thanks Stro!) bag clips on top.

Bruce B
06-17-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm happy with my T-Bags Route 66 roller bag.

hiflyer
06-17-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm happy with my T-Bags Route 66 roller bag.

Where have you been Bruce? I have the same bag, easy on easy off, simple to get to the hotel room, holds a lot. Only complaint, it sits rather tall on the back of the bike, which is truthfully a small concern as it really is a great bag.

Stick
07-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Much appreciated!

seadog
07-13-2015, 08:15 PM
I secured the 1275 cubic inch Ogio tailbag on the passengers seat it has two side pockets an expander, a pocket in the top flap, a fixed rainhood zipped into a pouch at the rear and a fairly large interior compartment. Just a nice low profile add on. Came with 4 staps and a very nice price.

ReserveBum
07-14-2015, 07:48 PM
I had a camping trip planned so I looked at something that would hold a good sized sleeping bag. I bought this waterproof Givi for $95. Nothin fancy, but it will keep your stuff dry. It will expand to hold quite a bit of gear. I had a big sleeping bag along with my clothes for three days and still had room. It was easy to fit. It went well on the rack (if I wanted it dead center, I had to remove antenna. No biggie as I usually use the ipod). It was a homerun on the back seat as I had it worked where it doubled as a backrest. It has some nice tie down points so very flexible mounting.

F6B1911
07-14-2015, 08:23 PM
There's way too many options for travel luggage, I've tried quite a few.
What worked best for me was to remove the rear carrier and put a Pelican 1400 case in it's place, it works perfect for carrying an assortment of 1911's to the range.

Then I simply strap a DriRider Explorer Tail Pack on top of it, it's big enough for a 2-person tent, sleeping bag, all sorts of camping gear, etc.

Steve 0080
07-15-2015, 12:45 AM
Can't go wrong with a trailer !!!!!

Jimmytee
07-15-2015, 05:00 AM
This is what I did. It works really nice.http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6027-My-Kury-Bag-and-how-I-mounted-it&highlight=Kury+luggage

Fla_rider
08-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Can't go wrong with a trailer !!!!!

Show Off!:moon: