PDA

View Full Version : Runny so smooth

zeus661
06-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Living in Northwest Ohio I decided to take a 9 day trip out west to New Mexico. I did a similar trip last year on my Valkyrie. All I can say is this bike sure runs smooth. I traveled mostly Expressway because of time. Ended up in Albuquerque and from there on to Roswell. Took 285 into Roswell and there is a lot of open space. Ran about 90 mph on the average. At one point had a chance to open t up and hit 122mph according to GPS. Even then it felt secure to the road and no wobble it all. I am in Roswell and will depart Wednesday morning for Toledo Ohio. Ride safe.

53driver
06-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Glad you are safe, more glad you are having a blast!

zeus661
06-08-2015, 09:04 PM
Other than my knee swelling from surgery about 8 months ago I am having a blast. Just wish I could figutpre out how to do this more often. Unfortunately work gets in the way.

stroguy
06-08-2015, 09:04 PM
You were flying Mach.17.........wooooooo doggy giddy up. Sounds like a nice trip.

srt8-in-largo
06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
You can't beat that with a stick!

Is there anything this bike won't do. I commute on it daily... just for fun... but I love knowing it can be a highway monster too.

zeus661
06-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Stopped for gas a few days ago at a place where there were about 10 Harley riders. Not one knew it was a Honda. One guy thought it was a BMW. All of them liked it. I talked with a few of them for awhile and noticed how clean there bikes were. Not one bug anywhere on any of them. Mine had so many on the windshield it was hard to see through.

flat6bagger
06-09-2015, 05:56 AM
Stopped for gas a few days ago at a place where there were about 10 Harley riders. Not one knew it was a Honda. One guy thought it was a BMW. All of them liked it. I talked with a few of them for awhile and noticed how clean there bikes were. Not one bug anywhere on any of them. Mine had so many on the windshield it was hard to see through.

I can explain that..
You have to actually ride a motorcycle to get bugs on them.
With a motorcycle parked,a wayward bug won't hit hard enough to splatter.

Doug