PDA

View Full Version : J&m speakers on back order till September??

Jrockr
06-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Does anyone know why the J and M front speakers are on back order till September? I heard that there could be a re- design coming, has anyone else heard the same?

Dfinkelsteinmd
06-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Does anyone know why the J and M front speakers are on back order till September? I heard that there could be a re- design coming, has anyone else heard the same?

I have a defective J&M fairing speaker in a box with RA attached and have been waiting 2months for the replacement set. The way WingStuff does warranty returns is confusing but basically they send you the RA label and follow that with the speakers. You put the defective one in the new box for return after you replace it with the new one. I guess they don't ship single speakers, but it would probably not save enough in postage to cover the additional processing.

In any event, having one functioning J&M speaker along side one OEM speaker, you can really hear the difference. I hope my replacement set arrives soon--the OEM speaker is muddy and weak compared with the upgraded one.

stevenolts
06-10-2015, 10:48 AM
I ordered my J&M speakers 3-4 months ago when I bought the bike from the Honda Dealer. What have you heard about a re-design?

The dealer said I can get my money back if I want to. Should I get my money back and buy the Polk speakers with an amp? What do you guys think.

How much better are the J&M speakers over the stock? With my F4 windshield the stock speakers are not that bad. I run at 14 with the auto adjust high.
Steve

stevenolts
06-10-2015, 11:20 AM
I called J&M and they said they would be shipping them in August. They said there was no redesign just a wait for production.
Steve

ths61
06-10-2015, 11:24 AM

J&M is not the only ones with F6B back orders that will miss this summer's riding season.

Old Ryder
06-11-2015, 04:49 PM
I have a defective J&M fairing speaker in a box with RA attached and have been waiting 2months for the replacement set. The way WingStuff does warranty returns is confusing but basically they send you the RA label and follow that with the speakers. You put the defective one in the new box for return after you replace it with the new one. I guess they don't ship single speakers, but it would probably not save enough in postage to cover the additional processing.

In any event, having one functioning J&M speaker along side one OEM speaker, you can really hear the difference. I hope my replacement set arrives soon--the OEM speaker is muddy and weak compared with the upgraded one.

I too, had a bad set from WS. I called J&M direct and they took care of me in a week.

bigbird
06-11-2015, 05:38 PM
How much better are the J&M speakers over the stock?

Not a huge amount, but enough to make a difference.
A little more bass, more clarity at high volume.

BIGLRY
06-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Not a huge amount, but enough to make a difference.
A little more bass, more clarity at high volume.That is also what I found when I did the swap from the OEM speakers.

ths61
06-11-2015, 08:03 PM
J&M is not the only ones with F6B back orders that will miss this summer's riding season.

I bought a front and back pair for my Vision at the Laughlin River Run from the J&M booth. After a while, the back fell of one of the front speakers fell off. I called J&M and they replaced it immediately at no cost.