PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody put ape hangers on their F6B

Greg O
06-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Has anybody done a full customization of their F6B.

Steve 0080
06-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Search Bar is your friend.....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4351-Somebody-managed-ape-hangers&highlight=hangers

Greg O
06-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Doesn't look bad at all, I like the wheels, not for me though.

BIGLRY
06-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Has anybody done a full customization of their F6B.Ya mean like this?
http://www.mopedarmy.com/img/gallery/PQAAAHHwnN2y7ReT28uC1ipV_oeZnwDp5OygdwZa666qW_L6Ad XYnbsBhG_FIzILfu4aGer0KqN0sdSmcNtMiWCvzQkAm1T1UNto dD_RnN0oNAfwiXToKyQqzJmh_583bacaedde77292c508ef764 24c5af0.jpg:wrong::icon_lol:
If ya do it be sure to post pic and how much $ it cost to do.

stroguy
06-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Has anyone ridden with ape hangers? What is it like? Seems a short duration ride.

BIGLRY
06-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Has anyone ridden with ape hangers? What is it like? Seems a short duration ride.
Ape hangers just like buckhorn bars if ya get them right they are a joy to ride, but get them wrong and they are a pain in the neck, shoulders, wrist, hands & back.:icon_lol:
http://img.jpcycles.com/zoom/5000835_A.jpg

try this sometime, with your hands at your side lift your arms chest high like shaking hands and imagine holding the grips right there. I love buckhorn bars. I run a set of wide, low buckhorn bars on my VTX1800.

Steve 0080
06-10-2015, 09:48 PM
I have had the mini apes and found them to be very comfortable ...

shortleg0521
06-10-2015, 10:01 PM
I have had the mini apes and found them to be very comfortable ...

That,s what I had on my Street Glide.
They were the best for long stright rides
shortleg

tinkerman
06-12-2015, 07:31 AM
I have done the Harley thing, the chopper thing, the brit bike thing....a lotta things.....so I get the need for trying something different....

However the way I view the F6B....change for the sake of change is not always a good investment of time, money and interest. I still view this bike as a big ass sport touring rig ( I know, the expert biking media wouldn't put it in that category .....maybe if I described it as a tour sporting rig that would be closer) and cannot see any benefit to any drastic change in any of the geometry....aside from a lowering kit perhaps if someone is having issues planting their feet on the ground.....although I expect that plants the pegs earlier as well?

To each their own however.

tink

stevenolts
06-12-2015, 07:40 AM
As far as I am concerned the F6B is an 800lb sport bike. (As you all know) I just tell people ride it and you will believe.

I had 12" mini apes on my HD Fatboy and it was the best thing I did for the bike.
I even just bought mini ape handlebars and a new comfort seat to convert my pedal mountain bicycle into a cruiser. It is the best thing I did for the bicycle also.

As long as you don't go too high with them they are very comfortable and do not affect the handling in my opinion (I may be wrong).
Steve

53driver
06-12-2015, 07:54 AM
As far as I am concerned the F6B is an 800lb sport bike. (As you all know) I just tell people ride it and you will believe.

I had 12" mini apes on my HD Fatboy and it was the best thing I did for the bike.
I even just bought mini ape handlebars and a new comfort seat to convert my pedal mountain bicycle into a cruiser. It is the best thing I did for the bicycle also.

As long as you don't go too high with them they are very comfortable and do not affect the handling in my opinion (I may be wrong).
Steve

Got the same mini-apes on my '95 Heritage. No handling problems noticed and she is often my demo bike at the BRC2 classes.
OEM add-on floorboards scrape pretty badly, but that's part of the demo.......of what non stock parts can do.

jm21ddd15
06-12-2015, 08:32 AM
In Wisconsin and South Dakota (Sturgis) and several other states, they are illegal if the hands are above the shoulders, and they do give tickets! I never tried them, so I have no opinion as to comfort or handling.

Steve 0080
06-12-2015, 08:53 AM

Steve

Was at my bike shop yesterday and almost did the mini apes as well...bike tech suggested a wider grip to disperse my upper body weight...great call went out last night great improvement ...

Retired Army
06-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Ya mean like this?
http://www.mopedarmy.com/img/gallery/PQAAAHHwnN2y7ReT28uC1ipV_oeZnwDp5OygdwZa666qW_L6Ad XYnbsBhG_FIzILfu4aGer0KqN0sdSmcNtMiWCvzQkAm1T1UNto dD_RnN0oNAfwiXToKyQqzJmh_583bacaedde77292c508ef764 24c5af0.jpg:wrong::icon_lol:
If ya do it be sure to post pic and how much $ it cost to do.
At the end of the ride his hands had to be pried off, and he could not talk there was not enough blood left in his head for his brain to function. :icon_mrgreen:

stevenolts
06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
There was a guy in Defiance, MO Saturday at a bar by the Katie trail that had ape hangers so High he must have had to stand up to reach them. The tail pipes came up so high I almost scraped my head as I walked past the bike while looking at the handlebars.

My F6B was the only non Harley I could see anywhere in the 50 -60 bikes. I just pulled up with Pink Floyd blasting and strode into the bar in my Gold Wing T-shirt and ordered a water (a wild hog I was) When I went back outside there were people hanging around drinking and they liked the F6B.

Saturday morning I went to the Yamaha demo truck to proove to myself how much I love the F6B over all other bikes. The Yamaha guys running the demos would not let me ride more than 7 bikes. I think it was because between rides some the guys were admiring my F6B. They were asking all kinds of questions and wanted to know how I liked it, what I paid etc...
Steve

BIGLRY
06-12-2015, 10:58 AM
There was a guy in Defiance, MO Saturday at a bar by the Katie trail that had ape hangers so High he must have had to stand up to reach them. The tail pipes came up so high I almost scraped my head as I walked past the bike while looking at the handlebars.

Something like this?:icon_laugh:
http://www.triumphrat.net/attachments/twins-talk/34361d1300820398-you-think-you-got-ape-hangers-p6050096small.jpg

wjduke
06-12-2015, 11:09 AM
http://www.triumphrat.net/attachments/twins-talk/34361d1300820398-you-think-you-got-ape-hangers-p6050096small.jpg

That's a bar hopper if I ever saw one.

stroguy
06-12-2015, 11:58 AM
You can save on deodorant with that.

radi0chik
06-12-2015, 12:09 PM
You can save on deodorant with that.

:icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mr green:

Retired Army
06-12-2015, 12:35 PM
That's a bar hopper if I ever saw one.
How much horse power was available to move the bike after adding the weight of the pipes & bars?

wjduke
06-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Wonder how it handles the Dragon? That thing is totally useless.

shooter
06-12-2015, 02:29 PM

That's the guy Larry. He loves in the St Charles / St Peters area. I see him often when I'm in the area. You can see him coming a mile away. The bars and pipes are higher than the roofs of the cars. Its an awesome sight.

shooter
06-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Wonder how it handles the Dragon? That thing is totally useless.

Duke that guy can ride that bike. I've followed him before. You would be amazed. He's had that thing for years. I don't think I would make it around the first corner. This guy can handle that thing.

wjduke
06-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Duke that guy can ride that bike. I've followed him before. You would be amazed. He's had that thing for years. I don't think I would make it around the first corner. This guy can handle that thing.

I don't doubt you a bit....how long can he ride that thing in one stretch? That's what I mean by a bar hopper and useless.

He was made famous a while back.

53driver
06-12-2015, 05:47 PM
I don't doubt you a bit....how long can he ride that thing in one stretch? That's what I mean by a bar hopper and useless.

He was made famous a while back.

He's had to have built up some serious traps and delts.....