PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Reminder

Hornblower
06-11-2015, 08:53 AM
If I may, I'd like to offer a friendly reminder to all of us regarding keeping our board "friendly". I say all of "us" because I, too, can border on being unfriendly at times :icon_frown: It's normal to be passionate about some things and I suppose it's part of human nature to think we're right. With that in mind, may I say it's OK to state our personal opinions on any subject and, if fact, it's encouraged. What is NOT OK is to cite other's opinions as being wrong or stupid. That doesn't mean we can't disagree but we need to respect others and refrain from making personal attacks. I have seen more than one member withdraw from this board because they felt personally attacked or insulted. To be honest, I may have run off one or two myself. I, too, have a limit on what I can handle and may finally feel justified to respond. Sometimes, that is warranted and many of you can think of examples of that. Maybe you even asked...why did it take you so long? Most importantly, we have gathered here to learn from each other and the membership we have is a tremendous resource. So, let's make a renewed effort to keep it friendly (where we can) and respect each other as much as possible. Finally, some are more "thin-skinned" than others. To those I would say, try not to take things quite so personally. Believe it or not, it's not always meant that way.

bobbyf6b
06-11-2015, 08:59 AM
:biggthumpup:

stroguy
06-11-2015, 09:07 AM
10-4

vmaxed
06-11-2015, 09:30 AM
grouphug grouphug grouphug :icon_lol:

Cool Hand Luke
06-11-2015, 11:58 AM
I agree. Thank you!

Fla_rider
06-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Be more Friendly! How's this :moon:

:icon_razz::icon_lol::icon_wink::shock::icon_rolle yes: Now that's down right real Friendly!

db24
06-11-2015, 12:35 PM
Agreed. I'm pretty sure that we've seen enough posts with the word Liar. If we can't express another point of view or an opinion without making it personal, then maybe the winning value of this forum has been lost. It seems that the forum has deteriorated to mostly off-topic discussions regarding politics and disparaging others/ groups that are different rather focusing on the bikes. It was nice that this forum was not like Facebook, but that got lost somewhere. My best to all, and good bye.
"fireybat"

Doug44
06-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Agreed. I'm pretty sure that we've seen enough posts with the word Liar. If we can't express another point of view or an opinion without making it personal, then maybe the winning value of this forum has been lost. It seems that the forum has deteriorated to mostly off-topic discussions regarding politics and disparaging others/ groups that are different rather focusing on the bikes. It was nice that this forum was not like Facebook, but that got lost somewhere. My best to all, and good bye.
"fireybat"

Don't leave nothing can be gained doing that. We need you and each and every member here please reconsider and lets strive too make this group better.

:clap2:

Alberta Beagle
06-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Just about brought me to tears Hornblower.

Well said amigo. :icon_cool:

Beagle

bigbird
06-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Some bullying does go on here, and definitely some old boy's club mentality as well.
If you let it get under your skin, there's other forums out there that involve the F6B.
Otherwise, ignore it and take from the forum what you need and contribute if you so desire.

RickJ
06-11-2015, 03:36 PM
If I may, I'd like to offer a friendly reminder to all of us regarding keeping our board "friendly". I say all of "us" because I, too, can border on being unfriendly at times :icon_frown: It's normal to be passionate about some things and I suppose it's part of human nature to think we're right. With that in mind, may I say it's OK to state our personal opinions on any subject and, if fact, it's encouraged. What is NOT OK is to cite other's opinions as being wrong or stupid. That doesn't mean we can't disagree but we need to respect others and refrain from making personal attacks. I have seen more than one member withdraw from this board because they felt personally attacked or insulted. To be honest, I may have run off one or two myself. I, too, have a limit on what I can handle and may finally feel justified to respond. Sometimes, that is warranted and many of you can think of examples of that. Maybe you even asked...why did it take you so long? Most importantly, we have gathered here to learn from each other and the membership we have is a tremendous resource. So, let's make a renewed effort to keep it friendly (where we can) and respect each other as much as possible. Finally, some are more "thin-skinned" than others. To those I would say, try not to take things quite so personally. Believe it or not, it's not always meant that way.

Just shut up and get working on that Brakeaway.:icon_biggrin:

BTW civility took me longer than some things. I finally learned that I can disagree without being disagreeable. On the other hand, I'm at the age where I also feel the freedom to be direct (rerad blunt) if the situation warrents- if offense is taken, it wasn't always meant.

F6B1911
06-11-2015, 04:13 PM
We need to get TerryDJ invited back here, he brought so much fun, something's missing since he left.
There was that "excitement" just waiting for his next rant.

BIGLRY
06-11-2015, 05:25 PM
:icon_doh:
We need to get TerryDJ invited back here, he brought so much fun, something's missing since he left.
There was that "excitement" just waiting for his next rant.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

RickJ
06-11-2015, 08:22 PM
I just looked at a thread here that was kinda rough on each other. I'm on another forum where there is a politics sub-forum and it is VICIOUS. I have to admit I kinda like the wild west atmosphere- BUT the interesting thing is that everyone who is at each others throats on the politics forum is civil, even kind, and helpful on the other forums. To tell the truth, I'll go out of my way to be helpful on other places to the same people I've been brutal to on the politics sub-forum. Those who don't want to mix it up, stay off the mean sub forum and everyone seems brotherly on the "common interest" (cars) forums. I'm not trying to justify anything, just making an observation.

My other observation is that I am impressed by everyones civility and knowledge , and willingness to help around here.

Oh- and if my "humor" on the earlier post missed the mark, I apologize.

Steve 0080
06-11-2015, 08:25 PM
I think everyone here can attest to the fact the we/the moderators do not get involved in most if not all threads and certainly do not chastise nor want anyone to leave. We/us have had a disagreement or two, we have had some heated PM"S and one or two folks leave or stop posting... there is an ebb and flow to most things and on most motorcycle forums you will have folks that occasionally bump heads. Not really anything wrong with that, it is normal. We/us strive to have a place where we can come and share thoughts about our bike, lives and loves lost...it's life and a conversation can start with "A" and end with "Z"...that is normal as well.... Life is good, we are very fortunate to be able to ride a great bike and have fellowship with like minded/riding people.... and to top that we have 84 more days till the WORLDS LARGEST GATHERING OF F6B's...

Steve 0080
06-11-2015, 08:27 PM
The greatest thing about the rally is being able to put a face to a name...this adds a personal touch to threads and the more of that we have the better we will be for it.....:cheers:

Hornblower
06-12-2015, 08:42 AM
My other observation is that I am impressed by everyones civility and knowledge , and willingness to help around here.
Oh- and if my "humor" on the earlier post missed the mark, I apologize.

I assume you're referring to where you told me to shut up and just report on my upcoming BrakeAway installation, right? If that's the case, I took it as I assumed you meant it...a feeble attempt at humor :icon_lol:. No worries, we're all good :yes: That was MY feeble attempt at humor :icon_rolleyes:.

And, BTW, I will be installing the BrakeAway this weekend and report will follow.

RickJ
06-12-2015, 12:38 PM
I assume you're referring to where you told me to shut up and just report on my upcoming BrakeAway installation, right? If that's the case, I took it as I assumed you meant it...a feeble attempt at humor :icon_lol:. No worries, we're all good :yes: That was MY feeble attempt at humor :icon_rolleyes:.

And, BTW, I will be installing the BrakeAway this weekend and report will follow.

cool. Maybe we'll pick up a throttle--lock thread later- but I've been observing my throttle and emergency braking habits and FOR ME the meister MIGHT make more sense. My point though is that logic speak posts are one thing but our individual habits are another- I'm sometimes too easily swayed by other peoples experience and logic...ahh life is something else...what's that saying that I never understood when it was up on a local German deli...“We grow too soon old and too late smart”

anyway...la dee da.

grendl
06-14-2015, 12:13 PM
I hate to see a member leave for any reason. Even the guy that was banned (I assume) because he was always negative and a lot of times ignorant of what he was saying. I liked his post for comic relief but I'm a Monty Python fan .
A lot of people use the anonymity of forums to be brash and insulting,but hey it's just words on a page. I have many more things to concern myself with than a perceived insult on the web.
I love this forum,there is a lot of expertise,great ideas and advice here from the members.
In some ways I feel like I do know some of you ,your sense of humor,attitudes on stuff. I don't have to agree,my experiences may be different and again,how can I take something seriously about what somebody SAID !?!
All in all ,we are grown men. Should ,by now have a sense of humor,know that we are a diverse group with different ways of talking but have a common interest in this wonderful bike and how to improve it,make it our own and RIDING !
I hope the member comes back-this is one of the most informative, fun forums I visit.
I could have a beer with any of you. Well a soda since I rarely ride and drink.
The last thing I would want is a strictly PC motorcycle forum.Wheres the fun in that ?

dickiedeals
06-14-2015, 06:45 PM

Yes Dear I been missing you guys...................Dickie

dickiedeals
06-14-2015, 06:57 PM
Be more Friendly! How's this :moon:

:icon_razz::icon_lol::icon_wink::shock::icon_rolle yes: Now that's down right real Friendly!

Wow Fla_Rider 1060 posts,You really been running your mouth a lot since I've been gone...lol :moon: Looking forward to seeing you in Franklin...Sorry I didn't mean to Hijack HornBlowers post...Dickie

srt8-in-largo
06-14-2015, 08:24 PM
Well said Ken. Such reminders make this forum what it is.

I have no idea what DB24 is talking about.

Phantom
06-14-2015, 11:00 PM
:shrug:

Unfortunately I have not been around to know what inspired this post.

I have ALWAYS asked everyone to act your age and NOT your shoe size.

This is a CLUBHOUSE full of brothers and sisters .... RESPECT one another .... agree to disagree.

If the "Off -Topic" section is the problem, then perhaps we need to turn it off for a while until everyone cools their jets.

I like to here ALL sides of the facts and sometimes I have disagreed with a few ... My personal experiences may vary from yours ...

I ask the membership to PLEASE forward me the names of any bad apples within the bunch, I did not create this board so that GROWN men could act like 2nd grade school girls on the playground.

I hate to remove people from this forum, however we have had a few bad apples in the past and once removed ... members that left due to the nonsense returned. Sometimes the trash starts to stink and needs to be thrown out :banghead:

A friendly reminder .... this is a PRIVATE forum provided for everyones enjoyment ... FREE of charge to the membership.
Please respect one another and PLEASE respect the Forum and how we want it to be.

We host a GREAT Rally and everyone has enjoyed it because of the caliber of members that we have attending ... everyone is respectful, helpful and enjoyable to be around. Looks like we will have a large turn out at the rally, looking forward to it :icon_cool::yes:

Respectfully, Phantom