PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: IRS RoboCall Scam Alert

ths61
06-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Please be aware of the following telephone scam going around.

We received a stern pre-recorded RoboCall supposedly from the IRS stating we were being sued and that they had been trying to contact us and to call back at telephone number 202-697-9197 (Caller ID is Private Party). I looked up this number on the web and it is a scam being operated by foreign telephone scammers. Do NOT give them any information. The IRS should contact you in writing via the US Postal service, not over the phone.

Vol1chuck
06-11-2015, 02:06 PM
The IRS should contact you in writing via the US Postal service, not over the phone.

And if it's REAL important, the correspondence will come registered/signature required. Trust me..........I know. :icon_evil:

taxfree4
06-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Or two agents will come knock on your door, I'll save that story for the rally.

BIGLRY
06-11-2015, 05:41 PM
Or two agents will come knock on your door, I'll save that story for the rally.Hehe been there, done that and I ain't writing no book cause they would want more $ :icon_lol:

taxfree4
06-11-2015, 06:31 PM
You gotta have fun with them.

ths61
06-11-2015, 08:11 PM
My wife answered the robocall and it shook her up. I figured it was a social engineering scam because we were not contacted in writing. Couple of funny things did came out of it.

First, area code 202 is Washington, DC, where ALL OF THE CROOKS HANG OUT (BHO, HRC, Holder, Reid, Pelosi, Feinstein, etc.) !!!

Second, the guy who answered the phone identified himself as "Officer Will Smith", (i.e. Men in Black). Hollywood's economy must be in the crapper if Will Smith has to moonlight as an IRS thug. :shock:

I told "Officer Will Smith" I had a hot tip for him. He could pick up Al Sharpton at the next WH party and collect the $5 Million in back taxes that Big Al has owed the US for years.

Vondawg
06-11-2015, 08:55 PM
:icon_laugh::icon_laugh::icon_laugh::icon_laugh::i con_laugh::icon_laugh:
My wife answered the robocall and it shook her up. I figured it was a social engineering scam because we were not contacted in writing. Couple of funny things did came out of it.

First, area code 202 is Washington, DC, where ALL OF THE CROOKS HANG OUT (BHO, HRC, Reid, Pelosi, Feinstein, etc.) !!!

Second, the guy who answered the phone identified himself as "Officer Will Smith", (i.e. Men in Black). Hollywood's economy must be in the crapper if Will Smith has to moonlight as an IRS thug. :shock:

I told "Officer Will Smith" I had a hot tip for him. He could pick up Al Sharpton at the next WH party and collect the $5 Million in back taxes that Big Al has owed the US for years.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::clap2: