PDA

View Full Version : Backing up

choptop
07-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Have become interested in the F6B. Coming off of V twins,'90 Harley Fl and a '07 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior, both lowered to an extent. I am 5'8", 32" inseam or around their. Sat on a F6B yesterday, balls of my feet/toes touching ground, kind of worried about backing it up, at 800 plus pounds, w/out reverse. Your experiences. Thanks in advance.

FlyinF
07-27-2013, 09:50 AM
No worries, I am also 5' 8" with about a 31 inseam and have no problems. Before the F6 I had an 09 Wing and I only used reverse twice, the first time just to check it out and the second time I wasn't thinking when I parked it the wrong way and it was fully loaded with camping gear. With the seat and center of gravity change the F6 is not too bad to move around. However, when it comes time to park always think about which way you want to leave it and this is true for me with most bike since I am on the short side and an old fart.

choptop
07-27-2013, 10:10 AM
No worries, I am also 5' 8" with about a 31 inseam and have no problems. Before the F6 I had an 09 Wing and I only used reverse twice, the first time just to check it out and the second time I wasn't thinking when I parked it the wrong way and it was fully loaded with camping gear. With the seat and center of gravity change the F6 is not too bad to move around. However, when it comes time to park always think about which way you want to leave it and this is true for me with most bike since I am on the short side and an old fart.

Thanks, working on the old fart part myself. lol

choptop
07-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Just found out a friend,just talked to him on phone, guy belongs to same riding club as me, just picked up a F6B, has 200 miles on it. He loves it, his wife loves the back seat, says it's easy enough to push around and is quick as hell, same gripes about shorty windshield . I love to hear that first hand info !

contek
07-27-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm 5 ft 7 with 29 inch inseam. I haven't had any issues with pushing the bike back while in the saddle.

BillyDaFinn
07-27-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm 5 ft 7 with 29 inch inseam. I haven't had any issues with pushing the bike back while in the saddle.

This......

Hornblower
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Choptop--Backing up on level ground, no problem! Backing up an incline...forget about it! To resolve this, just be aware of places you park. For example, don't pull into a parking spot that is going downhill. Instead, back into that spot so when you're ready to leave, you simply put her in first and take off. Sooner or later, you may find yourself in a situation where you need to back up and you just can't do it. I'd have to say though, if you're smart about it, that rarely happens and is not something to be concerned about.

choptop
07-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Choptop--Backing up on level ground, no problem! Backing up an incline...forget about it! To resolve this, just be aware of places you park. For example, don't pull into a parking spot that is going downhill. Instead, back into that spot so when you're ready to leave, you simply put her in first and take off. Sooner or later, you may find yourself in a situation where you need to back up and you just can't do it. I'd have to say though, if you're smart about it, that rarely happens and is not something to be concerned about.

Been riding a Harley bagger for a while, pretty conscious about how I park, but particular bike input is helpful. Thanks

bobbyf6b
07-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Always park facing uphill. :yes:

jlig
07-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Don't Back Up !:icon_rolleyes: