PDA

View Full Version : Baggersheild ? Help - Stroguy

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 04:27 PM
I purchased the Baggershield 11" Tinted , not sure if I'm missing rubber gromets or not? Went to install today and only has a rubber grommet for the center mount.
Mounted it and seems wavy , cannot find any details on their Website. I know Stroguy has the same shield and hope that he or someone chimes in on this Thanks. ** see picts

stroguy
06-13-2015, 04:49 PM
I think I remember 3. That loks like it's molded bad. But I am on my phone and can't see it very well. Be home in a few hours but surely someone else has an input.

Steve 0080
06-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Looks OK to me.... the 15's must come with this washer...mine did not...I did have plastcic washers on my 13... I don't see an issue...I will say the bolts need to be tight but not to the point of indenting the shield...hope this helps...

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 05:06 PM
I think I remember 3. That loks like it's molded bad. But I am on my phone and can't see it very well. Be home in a few hours but surely someone else has an input.

THanks - my gut tells me it should have 3 gromets. the middle nice and firm and both the sides feel loose when tightened down and can move slightly. Off to the hardware store now.

I may be too critical on the wavy part - probably o.k.

stroguy
06-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Sorry, double posted.

bobbyf6b
06-13-2015, 05:22 PM
I've never seen a rubber grommet used that way on the F6B. I believe it goes underneath the shield. Is there one there? Mine fell out every time I swapped shields so I glued it down.

bobbyf6b
06-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Maybe the piece I'm talking about fell out of yours. It goes around the mounting hole on the bike to support the back of the shield.

Steve 0080
06-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Not sure which shield it was, I have had so many...I use metal washers on my bike !!! Bobby is right...on the 13's at least there was a rubber washer that kept falling off on mine !!!!

tmac99
06-13-2015, 05:55 PM
If I remember correctly, my standard shield (albeit it was a tall Honda OEM) was mounted at both outside attachment points only - nothing on the center hole. I reused the 2 OEM mounts and 1 from Baggershield so that the BS had 3 mounts.

hiflyer
06-13-2015, 06:22 PM
I purchased the Baggershield 11" Tinted , not sure if I'm missing rubber gromets or not? Went to install today and only has a rubber grommet for the center mount.
Mounted it and seems wavy , cannot find any details on their Website. I know Stroguy has the same shield and hope that he or someone chimes in on this Thanks. ** see picts

]

Just push with your finger on the bottom of the rubber weatherstrip upwards, until it mates with the windshield. Not unusual at all. I've had to do that on every windscreen I've put on .

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Just push with your finger on the bottom of the rubber weatherstrip upwards, until it mates with the windshield. Not unusual at all. I've had to do that on every windscreen I've put on .

Thanks - figured it will conform after awhile, seen that with car trim- etc. I will let it bake one day here in the Florida Sun.

stroguy
06-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Just got home. There is no gappage on my BS11". It's not hard to remove that fairing and just insure that the bolts are tightened evenly and are not overly tight. They don't need a lot. Would hate to see it crack if they are too tight.

I would adjust every bolt a half turn each to make sure they don't bind and cause a deformation. If it still looks weird shoot BS an email.

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Getting back to my orig post - thats how it came from Baggersheild right out the box. Just the rubber gromet in the center slot, the stock plastic washer sleeve fits in perfect. Just concern that both the outer ones were missing? The factory shield does not have those, but just has single holes in 3 spots- where the Baggersheild has 3 slots. I'm guessing since its adjustable from 11" to 12.5" the gromets are used to keep it in place.

Thanks Again

stroguy
06-13-2015, 07:22 PM
I concur. If I recall I added a flat washer on top of the rubber grommet to insure even pressure.

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 07:22 PM
Just got home. There is no gappage on my BS11". It's not hard to remove that fairing and just insure that the bolts are tightened evenly and are not overly tight. They don't need a lot. Would hate to see it crack if they are too tight.

I would adjust every bolt a half turn each to make sure they don't bind and cause a deformation. If it still looks weird shoot BS an email.
I took it back off and going to put gromets on the outer 2 slots and as far a the shield, it may be ok and it's just the rubber trim on my fairing needs to conform to it.
It seems to be a good quality shield, thicker than stock.

thanks Again Stroguy

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 07:28 PM
I concur. If I recall I added a flat washer on top of the rubber grommet to insure even pressure.

May do that as well, I'm always too critical on my own stuff.

stroguy
06-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Well you paid good money for it and you should be satisfied. I had no issue with my weather seal. BS should be cognizant of a patron that is not 100% satisfied and should make an attempt to help you. I am curious of the smudge in the pic with the grommet in the center hole. Did it come with that smudge or was it from you test fitting? An email to BS with the hardware question is warranted.

shooter
06-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Guys this us my experience with Baggershield. I was asked to not post this but now another member has had problems. Besides the bubbles and the waviness is the hideous bronze color. BS says they don't manufacture bronze shields. They intimated that my pics may be doctored. Yeah , like I'm that smart. I was told if I paid return shipping and the shield was perfect for a restocking fee I might get some money back. Yeah right. Time I pay all that I'll keep it for display.1464014641

shooter
06-13-2015, 08:24 PM
If any if you guys want a bronze shield I have one for sale. Cheap. Stro post your same two pics of your shield. Guys do you think my shield is bronze?

stroguy
06-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Sure looks bronze to me. Here are mine in the garage not the sun. Sorry she has some bugs.

Weatherstrip looks fine.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/Mobile%20Uploads/Motorcycle/20150613_194503_zpskgrh62cu.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Motorcycle/20150613_194503_zpskgrh62cu.jpg.html)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6/stroguy/Mobile%20Uploads/Motorcycle/20150613_194435_zpsvvtaqsbf.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/stroguy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Motorcycle/20150613_194435_zpsvvtaqsbf.jpg.html)

shooter
06-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Stro mine is just as bronze inside as outside. Besides I only ride outside. That's where it matters

53driver
06-13-2015, 08:47 PM
Guys this us my experience with Baggershield. I was asked to not post this but now another member has had problems. Besides the bubbles and the waviness is the hideous bronze color. BS says they don't manufacture bronze shields. They intimated that my pics may be doctored. Yeah , like I'm that smart. I was told if I paid return shipping and the shield was perfect for a restocking fee I might get some money back. Yeah right. Time I pay all that I'll keep it for display.1464014641

Very astronaut-ical. Like Apollo moonwalk coloring. That's pretty cool - not that I want it.

shooter
06-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Cmon man make an offer. I saw a B on here once from HOR that was a copper color. It would look good on it.

stroguy
06-13-2015, 08:54 PM
- not that I want it.

LOL

shooter
06-13-2015, 08:56 PM
You're enjoying this aren't you.

stroguy
06-13-2015, 09:01 PM
You should bronze your bronze shield and put it in a photo album.

shooter
06-13-2015, 09:03 PM
:nutkick:

stroguy
06-13-2015, 09:08 PM
ah, a shot in the pills just isn't cricket.

53driver
06-13-2015, 10:12 PM
ah, a shot in the pills just isn't cricket.

"Austin Powers"

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Update - after trail and error. I ended up putting washers cut to fit on the 2 upper side mounts and double rubber washers on the inner side, ended up with 2 washers on inner and using the supplied grommet for the center mount. Added rubber washers on all three outer washers and snuged tighten them down. I guess before the inner center grommet was sucking into the grove with lack of back support and the upper side had no inner support and no rubber mountings. So it was tight in the center and loose on the ends and could move up and down on the ends when tighted all the way, causing the wavy look and gaps between the fairing edge. With the stock shield did not need the rubber to grab since it had three holes drill to size, where this (Baggersheild) is slotted, I did decide to go all the way up to the 12.5" setting and cant wait to try it out. The outcome MUCH BETTER this time, and no more wavy and gaps. Thanks again Everyone

Papa Tater
06-13-2015, 11:34 PM

That definitely looks Bronze. Sorry you have had bad experience with them. My Sheild seems to be good quality so far, haven't really looked for bubbles yet -nothing that stands out. I know after years of owning bikes and installing aftermarket parts, sometime aftermarket parts don't fit right or have to be worked-modified sometimes. I'm a little anal about things like that, most would just bolt on and go and may not notice or care about the exact fit/look. So my problem was more with me wanting a perfect fit look. They seem like a good company and I think you definitely have a valid concern - hope that they will resolve you issue.

Thanks Again Shooter