PDA

View Full Version : Need someone with a multimeter and a few minutes

Pedro66
07-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Need someone with a multimeter and a few minutes who doesn't mind taking off the rear light

Bozo here in his rush to work on some of the rear light projects managed to cut the two wires going from the 6 pin connector to the brake lights before he wrote down the pin positions, normally this is not an issue until both wires are the same color so what I need is someone to pop off the rear light and tell me which pin on the 6 pin feeds each brake light as they have individual feeds left and right as you sit on the bike

Thanks

Pete

Steve 0080
07-27-2013, 12:27 PM
That is not in the manual ???

Pedro66
07-27-2013, 12:35 PM
That is not in the manual ???

Nope just shows 6 pin with no pin outs

Bike44
07-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Are we talking about page 26-17 or 26-19 of the GL1800B/BD SM? No bike yet so can't go look.

Are you talking brake/combo or turn signal lights? What color wires were cut?

For the GL1800B IIAC = USA

Brakes: G/R = Brake, Br/W = Taillight, G = Ground...same for both bulbs.

Turn: Lb = Right, O = Left, G = Ground.

Pedro66
07-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Are we talking about page 26-17 or 26-19 of the GL1800B/BD SM? No bike yet so can't go look.

Are you talking brake/combo or turn signal lights? What color wires were cut?

It's the green/red brake wires there are 2 they both common together towards the front but I need them splt for our mustang lights

Bike44
07-27-2013, 02:54 PM
It's the green/red brake wires there are 2 they both common together towards the front but I need them splt for our mustang lights

Is Fig. 26-17 in the SM any help? I'll leave it at that as I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

OK, got it: GL1800 Riders "New Mustang Light for 2012+" thread...looks very nice.

Pedro66
07-27-2013, 04:20 PM
Is Fig. 26-17 in the SM any help? I'll leave it at that as I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.

OK, got it: GL1800 Riders "New Mustang Light for 2012+" thread...looks very nice.

The F6B is different than the standard bike has 6 pins not 4 so Honda split the circuit at the plug

Bike44
07-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Just ordered: http://bikemp3.com/2012-GL1800-Mustang-Lights-HGW-LGT-MUS.htm

I drive a 2013 Mustang V-6...why not have two rear ends the same?

Pedro66
07-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Well then once you get them installed you can tell me which way around the connection is as at the moment it has reversaable connectors for the F6B brake lights

Bike44
07-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Well then once you get them installed you can tell me which way around the connection is as at the moment it has reversible connectors for the F6B brake lights

The bike was just ordered last Tuesday, so it may be a few days into the following week after this before I have one to do hands on stuff. The first F6B locally, so it may be hard to pry it away from the dealer even though it's paid for. I'm their F6B Guinea Oink after all the rides I've bought from them, plus they may want to test ride it some first. Ok by me if they fix any teething issues at that time on their dime.

I have the YouTube instructions and the SM. The accompanying ad music has a great Jack Flanders ZBS tone to it. There really should be some simple paper pics of the video for some to follow eventually. Having not had one apart back there, a larger view the general locations of the plugs may be helpful (or a copy of the wiring diagram in the SM with plugs or plug ID noted?). I'll figure it out from the colors and plug.

Basically it's intercept the relevant plugs and add power to the box.

The sequential light show does work on the Mustang others have noted. More later.