PDA

View Full Version : Editing posts times out?

stroguy
06-15-2015, 07:31 AM
I see that the edit button for my posts disappears fairly rapidly. I hate to keep posting to the same thread when an edit would be sufficient. Anyway to change the timeout?

Phantom
06-15-2015, 07:35 AM
I see that the edit button for my posts disappears fairly rapidly. I hate to keep posting to the same thread when an edit would be sufficient. Anyway to change the timeout?

If I recall correctly, you have 6 hours to edit your post. That is more then enough time to correct any errors:icon_cool:

F6B1911
06-15-2015, 07:42 AM
Every now and then it's a good idea to flush your DNS cache, delete your HondaF6B.com cookies, and empty your browser cache.

stroguy
06-15-2015, 07:54 AM
If I recall correctly, you have 6 hours to edit your post. That is more then enough time to correct any errors:icon_cool:

Now shooter is going to be calling me a post wh$&e......wonderful.

Wasn't for correcting errors because I never make a misteak. Just updating a certain thread. I can handle shooters ire

Thanks Phantom for the info.

seadog
06-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Every now and then it's a good idea to flush your DNS cache, delete your HondaF6B.com cookies, and empty your browser cache.

I think you have me confused with someone that knows what your talking about, I checked the kitchen my cookie jar was empty. Foreign words to a person of slight computer knowledge. Not even close to a computer wizard. :banghead::banghead:

srt8-in-largo
06-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Initially I hated not being able to edit an old post... but now, I think this timed window makes good sense.

I think you have me confused with someone that knows what your talking about, I checked the kitchen my cookie jar was empty. Foreign words to a person of slight computer knowledge. Not even close to a computer wizard. :banghead::banghead:

Try the free version for all your computer cleaning needs. I've had pretty good luck with this for years. Make sure you save the cookies for often visited websites, otherwise you'll clean your save passwords!

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Phantom
06-15-2015, 11:15 PM
Now shooter is going to be calling me a post wh$&e......wonderful.

Wasn't for correcting errors because I never make a misteak. Just updating a certain thread. I can handle shooters ire

Thanks Phantom for the info.

How do you spell mistake ? did you make a mistake on your spelling :icon_doh:

Steve 0080
06-16-2015, 12:07 AM
Be careful of how you speak,,, our words are carved in stone for all to see... be nice and when in doubt be nice...until it is not time to be nice.... this may be the brown water talking...time for bed........

53driver
06-16-2015, 05:49 AM
Wasn't for correcting errors because I never make a misteak.....

Yeah, I see what you did there...funny guy! :clap2:

stroguy
06-16-2015, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I see what you did there...funny guy! :clap2:

Takes a special eye to spot true sarcasm! Hey why can't I fix that?

seadog
06-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Be careful of how you speak,,, our words are carved in stone for all to see... be nice and when in doubt be nice...until it is not time to be nice.... this may be the brown water talking...time for bed........

Then if you still can't be nice go to the Harley forum and blow off some steam!

Retired Army
06-16-2015, 08:12 AM
I was talking to a retired English teacher in a chat room and my screen was full or red marks.

stroguy
06-16-2015, 08:38 AM
LOL......no gold star for you.