PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth question

christian52
06-15-2015, 09:56 AM
i want to use my iphone to stream radio through my speakers......what do i need?im sure there are threads but can find the specific answer im looking for......dont want helmet speakers or head set.

Fla_rider
06-15-2015, 10:05 AM
your need a bluetooth receiver connected to a USB which plugs into your 12vdc connector in your left cubby and the audio jack connected to it. Easy Pesy! Looks like this. You can find everything on Amazon. Don't forget your phone will die, so get a DC USB connector with two USB outlets. I have 2 USB and 2 Cig. Lighter jacks!

Steve 0080
06-15-2015, 10:43 AM
Yep.... this is a double USB, the sun is blocking one...

Mastergunny
06-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Why not just plug the aux cord in the left cubby into your iPhone and stream your phone music directly into the audio? Why use blue tooth at all?

Fla_rider
06-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Why not just plug the aux cord in the left cubby into your iPhone and stream your phone music directly into the audio? Why use blue tooth at all?

This is easy gunny- If your phone is in the left cubby how you plan on skipping songs or changing type music, changing volume, looking at the phones gps, see who's calling, etc...this way the phone is mounted where you can see it. Of course everything I listed is distractions!:nono:

of course you could just get another audio cable that can reach your phone, and some may want that. I just choose the one less cable look.

Mastergunny
06-15-2015, 01:18 PM
I see what you mean!

stevenolts
06-15-2015, 01:37 PM
Is the Bluetooth signal digital and the aux is analog?
In my car the music sounds much better with a memory chip plugged into USB rather than through aux.
I do not have Bluetooth in the car but I think that would be digital (with some conversion???)
Maybe with the I phone you could plug the phone into the usb and get digital. I don't think the Android Galaxy S5 will work trough the usb / it doesn't in my car anyway.
I use the usb memory card on the F6B or Seena Bluetooth to my in helmet speakers.
Steve

christian52
06-15-2015, 04:28 PM
I have a ram mount on my clutch perch so with bluetooth in can change stations without stopping.

Fla_rider
06-15-2015, 04:44 PM
I have a ram mount on my clutch perch so with bluetooth in can change stations without stopping.

Same here. Just to clarify the original post ask about BT. Yes I have my other AUX input is my iPod Classic in the saddlebag, this gives me plenty of options.

christian52
06-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Same here. Just to clarify the original post ask about BT. Yes I have my other AUX input is my iPod Classic in the saddlebag, this gives me plenty of options.ive done the same with a 64g ipod touch......i ordered the bluetooth from amazon......i have a two usb port adapter in my power outlet....can i safely run both the usb and my iphone usb in the same outlet?i would need this option on long rides to keep my phone charged

Fla_rider
06-22-2015, 09:58 AM
ive done the same with a 64g ipod touch......i ordered the bluetooth from amazon......i have a two usb port adapter in my power outlet....can i safely run both the usb and my iphone usb in the same outlet?i would need this option on long rides to keep my phone charged

I forgot to answer this christian - yes I run, USB iphone, GPS, and BT receiver and I can run either Go Pro battery charger or Radar Detector all in the left cubby.

Greg O
06-22-2015, 01:57 PM
I would like to ask a question. So if I would like to do the same thing, do I even need a cigar plug or would 2 usb's be good enough. How do you get 2 cigar plugs and 2 usb's in that cubby. Do you have any pictures.

Hornblower
06-22-2015, 05:03 PM
I would like to ask a question. So if I would like to do the same thing, do I even need a cigar plug or would 2 usb's be good enough. How do you get 2 cigar plugs and 2 usb's in that cubby. Do you have any pictures.

The only reason to go with a cigarette lighter socket is if you have a device to connect that has that type of plug. Of course, there are dual USB adaptors that plug into a cigarette lighter socket so you can go that way. Otherwise, if all you're doing is plugging in devices with USB connectors, you could just wire in a USB socket and forego the cigarette plug altogether.

So, for a cigarette lighter plug, you could consider one like this:

http://wingstuff.com/products/3622-fairing-power-plug-socket-for-gl1800?context=lights_electrical-f6b

OTOH, if you want to go directly to a couple of USB ports, you could add something like this:

http://wingstuff.com/products/34624-2-port-usb-auxiliary-socket-for-gl1800?from_search=1

Finally, you can always install the cigarette lighter plug and then, just plug a low-profile USB connector into that like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Aukey-Charger-Adapter-Smallest-Powerful/dp/B00M6QODH2/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1435010441&sr=1-1&keywords=low+profile+dual+usb+car+charger

Hope that helps!

Greg O
06-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Thanks Ken, I will use Wing Stuff and Amazon for the parts, but do you know if they make a Y connector to install 1 cigar outlet and 1 -2 usb connector permently in the cubby.

Hornblower
06-22-2015, 05:36 PM
Thanks Ken, I will use Wing Stuff and Amazon for the parts, but do you know if they make a Y connector to install 1 cigar outlet and 1 -2 usb connector permently in the cubby.

I'm not aware of a Y-harness like that but that's not to say there isn't one somewhere. What I would do, since I love to solder things, is to install both plugs and then, just solder the leads in parallel. In other words, that would be like making your own Y-harness. It would be quite easy to do that.

Fla_rider
06-24-2015, 07:10 AM

Here you go -

Buckeyebillbear
07-08-2015, 07:43 PM
I bought a bluetooth transmitter and made an adapter for the 5 pin din plug to a 4-pole 3.5mm plug this plugs into the bluetooth transmitter. I just pair my bluetooth earbuds to the transmitter and viola the radio plays through, I also pair my phone Samsung S5 to the earbuds in case I get a call or want to stream the music through my phone. I also bought a bluetooth helper remote which pairs to the phone and allows me to change songs and volume pause whatever. I mounted the remote helper to the left controls with velcro and put the transmitter in the left pocket, All are rechargeable and will last 12 hours. 20$ for the bluetooth receiver for the earbuds, $40 for the bluetooth transmitter and I already had the parts for the adapter. My wife pairs her phone to the transmitter also so she can listen also. We use an app called intercom and it has a push to talk feature and it overrides the music playing. Not a great setup but it works pretty good. So in total I have about $70 altogether.
Bill
2013 Black F6B Deluxe

No Handle Sam
08-10-2015, 11:39 AM
your need a bluetooth receiver connected to a USB which plugs into your 12vdc connector in your left cubby and the audio jack connected to it. Easy Pesy! Looks like this. You can find everything on Amazon. Don't forget your phone will die, so get a DC USB connector with two USB outlets. I have 2 USB and 2 Cig. Lighter jacks!

Does anyone have a specific make / model for one of these? I tried one the other day, but it was really designed to work with a PC (for a wireless mouse, keyboard, etc…) and it needed to have drivers installed, etc… so it obviously wouldn't work for this application.

Fla_rider
08-10-2015, 01:32 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon, usb bluetooth receiver with audio jack.

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Bluetooth-Receiver-Speakers-Headphones/dp/B00EUWRBH4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1439231462&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+bluetooth+receiver